Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 and RI257 compare and contrast

DarkSide

5 minutes ago, BadgerBoater55 said:

As a non-boat owner... and a very (comparatively to the community) inexperienced water sports participant,  I would entertain the idea of being the "logistics" guy in return for an invite. I would only ask it be later than the first week of August 2018, as I do the bulk of the event planning for Wake the World here in Wisconsin.  As a young professional who doesn't have the space or funds for a boat yet, I really enjoy spending time in this community and would think it would be great to meet more of the "crew" in person, plus... I enjoy planning things and I like to think I do a pretty damn good job at it.

Boom!  See how fast that was?  We have a professional event planner signed up for the SECOND hardest part.  

Just now, IXFE said:

Boom!  See how fast that was?  We have a professional event planner signed up for the SECOND hardest part.  

Well... events are my SECOND profession (more of a passion/hobby)... I do other planning for my career.  I will be sure to put "A LOT OF DIET COKE" on the provisions list. Out of curiosity, what is the hardest part? :werule:

1 minute ago, BadgerBoater55 said:

Well... events are my SECOND profession (more of a passion/hobby)... I do other planning for my career.  I will be sure to put "A LOT OF DIET COKE" on the provisions list. Out of curiosity, what is the hardest part? :werule:

This guy is good!  

Hardest part is definitely picking a location.  Many of the guys we want there will self select out if the location doesn't work... The trick is to find a spot that offers good water, accommodations (house boats or waterfront rentals with docks), is central to the guys who are towing boats there, and also good for those who will drive/fly themselves. 

Norris is great and we already know @DarkSide is willing to tow his beast there from Phoenix.  I've towed the 25 LSV from Dallas to Norris (it was no picnic in a 1/2 ton).  Smith Lake could work as it's a bit closer for me and Joe and it's already home to an M235 and a 2018 23 LSV.  

But Tennessee and/or Alabama are harder for guys on the West coast (unless they fly and we get all the boats there from closer locations).  

Anyway... fun to think about.  Maybe we need a dedicated thread so we can go back to NOT looking at Ri257 surf videos.  :cry: 

• Like 2

@IXFE we are already planning Norris 2018.  I was having similar thoughts to this.  We are tentatively planning June 11-20 ish..

The biggest things are picking a venue, I am in AZ and I would still vote Norris lake TN.

The key things to me are easy access to accommodations, fuel, and excellent water conditions with enough space for these behemoths to be unleashed!   Norris checks all of those boxes, and is fairly reasonable. 

• Like 1

@IXFE. I think that was pointed at me...lol. I don't have much video, here is a couple of my buddy Mike ripping it up last month.  I am at almost 100 hours now :-)

20170605_072637_zpsrjijqajw.mp4?w=160&h=

20170605_073018_zpsrifvdqhk.mp4?w=160&h=

Edited by DarkSide
  • Like 1
40 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

The key things to me are easy access to accommodations, fuel, and excellent water conditions with enough space for these behemoths to be unleashed!   Norris checks all of those boxes, and is fairly reasonable. 

I want to go to this event.  And not to dictate where all of you guys are going to tow your $150k rigs, but Lake of The Ozarks is dead center in the country.... and so could be least objectionable to the most amount of people?

ahopkins22LSV
Just now, bamabonners said:

For you guys that don't want a wake,  I could bring my prostar...  I'm in Alabama. 

Or we could have a TXi there ;) 

Edited by ahopkinsTXi
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, bamabonners said:

For you guys that don't want a wake,  I could bring my prostar...  I'm in Alabama. 

We could put a Bouey on it and use it to block off a section of the lake

• Like 3
1 hour ago, IXFE said:

This guy is good!  

Hardest part is definitely picking a location.  Many of the guys we want there will self select out if the location doesn't work... The trick is to find a spot that offers good water, accommodations (house boats or waterfront rentals with docks), is central to the guys who are towing boats there, and also good for those who will drive/fly themselves. 

Norris is great and we already know @DarkSide is willing to tow his beast there from Phoenix.  I've towed the 25 LSV from Dallas to Norris (it was no picnic in a 1/2 ton).  Smith Lake could work as it's a bit closer for me and Joe and it's already home to an M235 and a 2018 23 LSV.  

But Tennessee and/or Alabama are harder for guys on the West coast (unless they fly and we get all the boats there from closer locations).  

Anyway... fun to think about.  Maybe we need a dedicated thread so we can go back to NOT looking at Ri257 surf videos.  :cry: 

Wait a minute, everytime I type M235 I wonder this question. Is it an M235 due to it sounds like EM so sounds like starts with a vowel or is it a M235 since it starts with a consanent? Hahahaha I really have thought about this?????‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️ 

Seriously tho, who has the M on Smith? 

And I am game for smith, or Norris or even Martin. 

On 7/10/2017 at 3:55 PM, DarkSide said:

Locally the 257 with H6 is $30k less than the M235, if you order the XR7(LSA) the gap falls to $20k.  You can make gaps go either way with options. 

I'm not sure what's more confusing, being tagged in this thread/comparison or that Centurion has a $160,000 boat.?

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, NAW said:

I'm not sure what's more confusing, being tagged in this thread/comparison or that Centurion has a $160,000 boat.?

Sorry I always get you an @23LSVOwner confused...

Then it should really baffle you that same model, has been sold out for months.... 

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, NAW said:

Am I reading this right........ people pay $190K USD for the M235?????

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that nobody paid $160K USD for a Centurion.

2 hours ago, DarkSide said:

Sorry I always get you an @23LSVOwner confused...

Then it should really baffle you that same model, has been sold out for months.... 

It was expected.

Creating scarcity/unattainability doesn't just make good business sense for a new product launch (flush out design and manufacturing issues, supply chain constraints, keep a handle on #'s in the wild in case of massive recall, etc), but it's also just good marketing.

Edited by NAW

Baws is correct here, demand kinda surprised them.  Original production/demand was expected to be <50 units, but when all the slots sold, they created more moulds, and increased capacity, then that additional capacity was also sold out, before our boat show.  

Locally there was one on the floor for <3weeks, the rest were sold before they arrived.    I really expect the FI23 to have similar "issues", with production being able to meet the demand.

• Like 3
22 hours ago, Bawshogg said:

Ya, the boats just plain suck.....but they have a great marketing strategy. You should start using that line in your sales pitches...

Your not fooling us .....most of us "Centurion GUYS" here now are NOT newbs... We have been around the block and have MORE than enough comparative experience to sift through the HYPE and marketing ploys. They are building an EXTEMELY competitive product now. AND THESE ARE THE RESULTS. <------- ( I get a cash bonus for this one) !!!!:tease1: I'm glad your scared....you should be.

The fact that they are sold out isn't because they just WANT to be .... they just don't have the capacity to build as many as they would like to. The build process is longer than most and its plain and simply "a different" build than anyone else currently. Its the biggest wake boat in production currently.

Projected demand was roughly 40 RI257 for the first year. They had that many orders within two months after release.

Sorry man, I hope you didn't take my comment as 'your boat sucks' or that you're being bamboozled.  It just an observation that I've seen from all manufacturers in this space.  

Nonetheless, I don't have 'sales pitches' and I don't think anyone is scared of a little competition.   

However, I think anyone can agree that in most industries, rarely will a low single digit (and declining) share player have the 15, 20 or 30% share players scared.

Edited by NAW