Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

These boats are EXPENSIVE!!!

drewsy77

50 minutes ago, IXFE said:

My recollection is 25-26%. I haven't verified that in several quarters but I doubt it's changed much. 

I would go back and look, but all my images are gone forever thanks to Photobucket. That thread (and many others) is basically worthless now. 

There are plenty of RV's that cost MORE than Malibus also. What I don't know is whether they increase pricing 3-5% per year like inboard boats. Judging by the number of RV dealerships I see and size of their lots, I'm thinking it's a MUCH bigger market than inboard boats, meaning they push volume (not price). Every boat dealer I've ever been to pushes price over volume  

To answer your earlier question. There are only 10,000 inboards built a year. That's a tiny number compared to the population of just the USA + Canada + Australia (three biggest markets). There are EASILY enough households that can afford these boats, especially when you add in the prevalence of cheap financing. That's why prices go up every year. People keep paying. I was at the factory last year and Malibu bragged that they built over 30 M235's the prior month!!  

The industry has definitely left some people behind. 

I didn't think about that way.   Good point on the number of rv.  

I am in the camp of I can afford it, but can't justify the price because I'm just a hacker on a board and don't feel i can use the boat to its full potential.  LoL