Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

17 22MZX PORPOISE PROBLEM ANY IDEAS??

bottlefedsi

1 hour ago, Chrisjjbrown said:

I love when people say this after they lost the pissing contests 

One thing I admire about you 85 is that no matter what you will never admit defeat 

Something he also doesn't do is post pictures of all his scientific facts (theories) on prop changes and the effects on ski wakes on the new vtx hulls ..... but he will argue that to the death as well and tell everyone else they are wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Chrisjjbrown said:

And yet you still post this .....weird

Apparently pointless baiting of 23 and I is the direction of the thread so I'm going to wait on bottle.  

Bottle, check to see if factory receipt labels it "duct" or "duck" tape.  Will be telling as to the quality of repair.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, 85 Barefoot said:

Apparently pointless baiting of 23 and I is the direction of the thread so I'm going to wait on bottle.  

Bottle, check to see if factory receipt labels it "duct" or "duck" tape.  Will be telling as to the quality of repair.

I think I complimented you in one of those posts......

Your right it was much better when you and 23LSV were ganging up on spike......poor baby.

6 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

Has anyone recommended a centurion yet? I quit reading a few pages back... 

Nooo...... please fetch a different dead horse.......lol

Edited by DarkSide
ahopkins22LSV
10 hours ago, bottlefedsi said:

UPDATE..............The boat is on its way back to me in Florida.  The dealer is going to water test it and clean it up,  I should know if the problem is solved this week, stay tuned.

Hopefully all is good! Will be following to hear the results. And if you have any feedback from what the plant did find and adjusted that would be really cool to hear too. Understand if you don't want to post that publicly though. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DarkSide said:

Someone fetch me a new dead horse....the beatings must continue......

I take no pleasure in it, but sometimes people don't read. Even you claimed dealer install a full 24 hours after I originally proved that dealers DON'T install G4 biminis. 

4 minutes ago, bottlefedsi said:

UPDATE.........I finally got boat back from the dealer on Saturday and back in the water.  WOW what a difference!!! This thing will run now 37mph and as flat as a Caddy, I mean I cant explain how different it is.  Even in alittle bit of chop she runs flat.  As for the repair, you can see there is a pronounced hood at the stern from port to starboard but nothing bad, looks like it came from factory.

Awesome news, and good on Malibu for taking care of the issue.  Still a bit perplexed how it could happen in the first place but cool that it's fixed!

• Like 1
Just now, UWSkier said:

Awesome news, and good on Malibu for taking care of the issue.  Still a bit perplexed how it could happen in the first place but cool that it's fixed!

Yeah I would love to know as well but I made my peace with it, just glad itr right and i can use it now.

24 minutes ago, bottlefedsi said:

Yeah I would love to know as well but I made my peace with it, just glad itr right and i can use it now.

The biggest question is...

How is the wake and wave?  I mean, that's presumably why you bought it in the first place. How do you add a visible hook to the stern without impacting the wake/wave?

12 minutes ago, IXFE said:

How is the wake and wave?  I mean, that's presumably why you bought it in the first place. How do you add a visible hook to the stern without impacting the wake/wave?

this plus pics of the hook

ahopkins22LSV

Very glad to hear it was fixed. Hopefully the wake and wave is unchanged as that is a great question lol. 

Things are misse sin prepoduction and validation. Companies go through engineering changes all the time. Sucks it wasn't caught up front but the repair seemed pretty seamless from what you told us. 

43 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Probably delays the convergence a bit.  :)

The big thing hook does is slows the top end. 1/16 of a inch of hook on a fast I/O can knock 5 MPH off the top speed. The question is are all the boats now coming out of the factory with the last two inches hooked or is it a as needed fix?

Just openly wondering here, but if this is a mold or design issue that has been resolved in later production units, shouldn't the impacted units be recalled for the fix proactively?  Especially if it's as big of a safety concern as the original OP stated?  Or maybe the OP's is just a one-off.

1 hour ago, IXFE said:

The wave and wake seem the same honestly, I was hoping it would help a little on the bow rise but to no avail.  I am not sure how to add pics either.