Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

17 22MZX PORPOISE PROBLEM ANY IDEAS??

bottlefedsi

Haha I hope that it was Malibu that mounted my axis Bimini backwards / upside down. I've been blaming my dealer for that debacle. Had to take the whole friggin thing apart and flip the canvass on the water the first time we tried to put it up. 

Edited by shawndoggy
2 hours ago, spikew919 said:

Let's beat this dead horse. I'm not incorrect. But come on with the pics.  

This is pic right after dealer took off shrink wrap and raised tower, now just from my angle I think I see the Bimini already mounted?  @23LSVOwner it may not look like that through Malibu goggles. Pull them off and take a second look. 

@Fman was your G4 backets dealer mounted or factory? 

IMG_4379.jpg

Yes the small ball socket on each side were upside down making it difficult to allow bracket to lock in.  Once I swapped them on each side and turned them right side up made a huge difference to help deploying bimini.

As with all bimini's I have owned with each boat after a few deploys and take downs always gets much easier to dial it in.

5 hours ago, 23LSVOwner said:

MC had (past tense) someone they sent out constantly to fix issues. I know him personally.

Correct the dealers mount the biminis.

Actually, you are incorrect. If you would like I am sure I could get one of my contacts to take as many pictures as you would like to see.

And we are still waiting on pictures. 

Edited by spikew919
2 hours ago, spikew919 said:

And we are still waiting on pictures. 

Sorry, but the world does not work on your schedule. I'm not going to demand someone that I know to get out of his meetings to go and take some pictures to make spike happy.

sspOHFK.jpg

cTBCH1O.jpg

6d619zR.jpg

xRb3JdA.jpg

Fixing to get a final clean, tower drop and then wrap. All the loose parts, including the bimini go inside before it is wrapped and heat shrunk.

Maybe yours was a special request, I don't know.

57 minutes ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Sorry, but the world does not work on your schedule. I'm not going to demand someone that I know to get out of his meetings to go and take some pictures to make spike happy.

sspOHFK.jpg

cTBCH1O.jpg

6d619zR.jpg

xRb3JdA.jpg

Fixing to get a final clean, tower drop and then wrap. All the loose parts, including the bimini go inside before it is wrapped and heat shrunk.

Maybe yours was a special request, I don't know.

Wow, thanks for those pics, actually proved yourself wrong. As you can see in the pics just follow the arrows to factory mounted Bimini brackets on the G4 tower.  One pistol style and the other is the new style???? ?? good job ?? 

IMG_4400.jpg

IMG_4401.jpg

• Like 2
Just now, spikew919 said:

Wow, thanks for those pics, actually proved yourself wrong. As you can see in the pics just follow the arrows to factory mounted Bimini brackets on the G4 tower.  One pistol style and the other is the new style???? ?? good job ?? 

IMG_4400.jpg

IMG_4401.jpg

Brackets mounted, yes. Bimini's not attached.

k,thks.

5 minutes ago, 23LSVOwner said:

k,thks.

You proved nothing. Whole point was factory installed brackets wrong.  And I guess all the dealers are special orders. They still may slide Bimini rails in before shrink wrap. Who knows 

• Like 1
Just now, spikew919 said:

You proved nothing. Whole point was factory installed brackets wrong.  And I guess all the dealers are special orders. They still may slide Bimini rails in before shrink wrap. Who knows 

Whatever spike. I'm not getting into a pissing match with you.

5 minutes ago, 23LSVOwner said:

k,thks.

So would it be fair to say, brackets are installed at the factory.  Then multiple dealers don't realize how the brackets are supposed to be, so when installing the Bimini itself, they mount everything as it should be.  After the install, does the dealer not check the functionality?  

ahopkins22LSV
26 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

So would it be fair to say, brackets are installed at the factory.  Then multiple dealers don't realize how the brackets are supposed to be, so when installing the Bimini itself, they mount everything as it should be.  After the install, does the dealer not check the functionality?  

I think it is fair to say that no one really knows, it could be different per boat/dealer and I lost a few IQ points reading all of that!

1 hour ago, DarkSide said:

Actually dealer was prolly like a lot of us, wondering, WTH when trying to deploy, but you could force it to work. And guys with smaller fingers than me could actually turn the lock in the tight spot. I ended up bending rivets getting it to go the first time, So Malibu will be replacing complete rail to Bimini.  But I did actually learn one thing that I already suspected from all of that. ? Lol

Edited by spikew919
40 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

In my opinion and experience, this is precisely correct.  I've watched numerous boats get shrinkwrapped, and I've uncovered a LOT.  The M235/G4/pistol combination is the only one I've ever heard of or seen that ships with the bimini installed.  That said, I have no personal experience with that combination, so I admitted defeat to spike!  

18 hours ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Whatever spike. I'm not getting into a pissing match with you.

I love when people say this after they lost the pissing contests 

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, Chrisjjbrown said:

I love when people say this after they lost the pissing contests 

Did he?  He sent pictures of G4s on the last stop of the production line before they go outside to be wrapped....with no biminis.  

16 minutes ago, 85 Barefoot said:

Did he?  He sent pictures of G4s on the last stop of the production line before they go outside to be wrapped....with no biminis.  

One thing I admire about you 85 is that no matter what you will never admit defeat 

I heard the truck drivers put them on after they leave the factory which is why they show up at dealers installed.  

Either way, I'm going to order a new boat to see how mine comes  :P

• Like 3
On 7/20/2017 at 11:13 PM, 85 Barefoot said:

Spike, I've never posted a picture of any boat I have ever owned, including other brands, or my numerous malibus, including a major rebuild that was well documented via prose only. 

That said, I have posted numerous times here about my 2017, and 2016 prior thereto.   I just don't post pictures.   

Something he also doesn't do is post pictures of all his scientific facts (theories) on prop changes and the effects on ski wakes on the new vtx hulls ..... but he will argue that to the death as well and tell everyone else they are wrong. 

38 minutes ago, Chrisjjbrown said:

One thing I admire about you 85 is that no matter what you will never admit defeat 

On 7/21/2017 at 6:09 PM, 85 Barefoot said:

Yep different design.  I see how they could ship. You are correct.  

Weird....

31 minutes ago, Chrisjjbrown said:

Something he also doesn't do is post pictures of all his scientific facts (theories) on prop changes and the effects on ski wakes on the new vtx hulls ..... but he will argue that to the death as well and tell everyone else they are wrong. 

That's because I was right :lol:  And it's not a theory.  Spoke to the factory and ACME, and I'm pretty sure I posted that back when the discussion was taking place.  In fact, for 2017, the reduction AND available props changed...and since I had personally owned both a 2013 AND 2016, seems I would be a particularly qualified opiner on wake changes and propwash...guess not.  O well.  2017 owners will be happier tho!

1 hour ago, 85 Barefoot said:

29 minutes ago, 85 Barefoot said:

Weird....

And yet you still post this .....weird

28 minutes ago, 85 Barefoot said:

That's because I was right :lol:  And it's not a theory.  Spoke to the factory and ACME, and I'm pretty sure I posted that back when the discussion was taking place.  In fact, for 2017, the reduction AND available props changed...and since I had personally owned both a 2013 AND 2016, seems I would be a particularly qualified opiner on wake changes and propwash...guess not.  O well.  2017 owners will be happier tho!

85 fixed the VTX hull

I fixed the MXZ surf wave.  

We're not so different you and I.  

• Like 2