Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Pull Behind

racer808

I had one of those crapper caddies once.  Sold it.  PITA to use.  But might be better than moving everything to dump, depending on how far you would have to move it.

The electronic mice thing actually works, definitely worth the 50 bucks. Depending on the style of cord you have(some have a little door they can be put away into) make sure that's all sealed up with some steel wool. 

Not sure if this is possible for you but the truck that comes and sucks out our porta-potties also sucks out our trailers. A group of us go in and I think it's like 25 bucks. 

So far, knock on wood, we have no mice while the campers around us do have them.  I got under it, looks like someone sealed it up pretty good.  We leave no food except some canned things up there & everything, including the cans all go into plastic tubs with lids before we leave.  I mean everything, bathroom stuff, kitchen stuff, blankets.  

Did have our first "oh s***" moment though!  Bought one of those septic totes so I don't have to move the trailer.  Tote comes with a short hose I didn't think I needed cause the hose at my camper is already used, so why dirt another.  Big mistake!  Gravity, the weight of the fluids emptying, hose extending itself to full length, hose didn't seal against the tote correctly so I had to hold it there, about puked from the smell.  Had to lift the hose & let it snake so the fluids would flow out.  So the short hose is going up!  Curious what my next crappy lesson is going to be....

We had a similar situation this week.  Spent a week at Yellowstone, part of it at a campground with full hookups.  Their dump station was a terrible design, and too far from my sewer hookup.  Long story short, in a short time, I had a big mess.  Lesson learned.  Next time, bring the long sewer hose, or just wait to dump on the way home.  

When things go bad at the dump, that is one of the worst things about camping.