Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 New Models/Updates

ahopkins22LSV

ahopkins22LSV
25 minutes ago, malibu.c.c said:

All the pics posted are not the new 23lsv ... 

I believe you are quite wrong on that, but spill the beans if you have them.

• Like 2

Well none of them look like pic I have .. take a 25 lsv cut of 2 feet , add new mxz ballast tanks , new gel lines ..and u have a good idea what it looks like .. its amazing how everytime Malibu brings anew model out its better then the previous Model ! I can't post pic sorry ..I am sure others will leak some soon .

58 minutes ago, malibu.c.c said:

All the pics posted are not the new 23lsv ... 

what pics .. my post was deleted  :dontknow:

Edited by pauley71

Knowing Malibu's typical patterns......The hull will have slight changes to replicate what went on with the MXZ line. Vastly improved surf wave from those boats. I also would be willing to bet you see the larger running gear on the 23lsv also.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, NAW said:

Boat on the dock is a 24MXZ...unfortunate event for sure.

I can't confirm or deny a complete new hull on the 23, but if I were making a new mold for new gel lines, new top deck, etc, I'd probably change the wet surface to give the people more of what they want.  That's just my opinion though.

Either way, I have one on order and should see it before the end of July.

Can we have more of your "opinions"? And maybe a hand sketched drawing of what you may "think" it looks like?

:yes:

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, Anderson24 said:

Can we have more of your "opinions"? And maybe a hand sketched drawing of what you may "think" it looks like?

:yes:

I am guessing the drawing would picture something in White....

46 minutes ago, NAW said:

Either way, I have one on order and should see it before the end of July.

So how does one order a boat they can't see????

• Like 1

Dealers were just at a dealer summit, so they know what they look like. And I'm sure they have a private boat builder that shows all of the new boats (which is obviously where the aforementioned deleted pictures came from).

• Like 2
Just now, pauley71 said:

Brand loyal. One thing you can rest assure.  It's always slight changes, most of the time for the better. 

8 minutes ago, pauley71 said:

Fair question.

I ask customers everyday to invest a lot of money, sometimes blindly, in the performance, engineering, quality and styling of the Malibu and Axis product.  I think it's my duty as a salesperson to be willing to make that same gamble.  

Or, as I was once told, 'just trust the force'.

Im happy to report I haven't been let down in the past.

1 hour ago, Raffit78 said:

Brand loyal. One thing you can rest assure.  It's always slight changes, most of the time for the better. 

This.  I bought my 2017 "blind" just like I bought my 1998 VLX "blind".  While I don't buy boats very often (once every 17 years so far) I follow the brand pretty closely.  I didn't know everything about my boats when I bought them, but I was confident enough in Malibu to trust that I wouldn't be disappointed.  I'm 2 for 2.  I might approach it differently if I was buying new ones less than 3 years apart....

Dave

• Like 3
7 hours ago, pauley71 said:

I did this last year,  ordered a boat even the dealer hadn't seen.  The caveate was a spray date out a few months, so i got to make a couple last minute gel changes.   Turned out spectacular, i am extremely happy with the results. 

• Like 2

The boat looks amazing trust me. I've got pics from the factory  I promised not to share so I won't but I'm sure it will leak soon. It gonna be very impressive. The 2018 LSV is gonna be sweet if you have a 17 you gonna want to upgrade. It's a great looking boat definitely my next one if mine sells.

Edited by gibbs114

So I have been working on the cfo for a new lsv, we like our vtx, but miss the space of the lsv when we have guests, especially since we have a lxi just to ski with now.

Sounds like I should go get a job to pay for the increase to an 18.....?

• Like 1