Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 New Models/Updates

ahopkins22LSV

15 minutes ago, WakeSwagger said:

This is what happens when you finance boats for 20 yrs... 

Sometimes you gotta wreck the boat to get the insurance money to make the boat payment

If you have young kids who are jumping in and out of the boat all the time that seadek is welcome.  LOL.  Especially after I just put Hula on it!

still wish I did seadek instead of carpet that never dries and starts to stink.

• Like 2

Good find; another year where a dealer breaks the news prior to Malibu. If that is in fact a rendering, the changes don't look overwhelming like some of us were led to think. 

That is a good looking build. So, it looks like cup holders at the transom went away in favor of the sea deck and wake view seating is now an option. 

@ConnollyCrew A 2018 is on the web now.  What are we missing in terms of other changes?  PTM racks standard now perhaps?  

10 hours ago, Archer41 said:

If you have young kids who are jumping in and out of the boat all the time that seadek is welcome.  LOL.  Especially after I just put Hula on it!

still wish I did seadek instead of carpet that never dries and starts to stink.

No changes to the 23 LSV from 15 to 17 as far as the floor goes. I bet you could order a 17 kit and put it right in.

Description: Coming July 2017! Monsoon 410hp 6.2L Motor, High Altitude/Torque Prop, Gen II Surf Bimini, Boat Cover w/ TAPS 2 & Swimboard Cover, Transom Installed Flush Kit, Wakesetter Hull Graphics, Wake 23 LSV Sound Pack w/ 12" Subwoofer, Amp, Dual Pair Wetsounds Icon 8 Tower Speakers, Tower Amp 500w, PTM Clamping Board Racks, Bow, Mid, Rear Ballast, PNP Plumbing w/ PNP Bags, Surf Gate w/ Malibu Surf Band, Power Wedge II, PTM Panoramic Mirror, Soft Grip Flooring, Sport Dash w/ Rotary VDC Joystick, Wake View Bench Seat, Wideview Backup Camera, Zero Off GPS, Dual Batteries w/ Isolator Switch, 2 Pair Cleats, LED Docking Lights, Underwater Transom Lights (BLUE), Trailer w/ Spare Tire Carrier Mount, Ratchet Retractable Transom Straps, Transom Step w/ Slimline LED.

Is Malibu licensing TAPS now?  :D

Why is the wakeview bench seat highlighted?  I assumed from the photos and stuff that is now an option on the 23LSV.   

From the interior pic, it looks like it is possible the cooler is in the floor now. I also notice no break in the vinyl behind the driver except where the wake view seat comes up. 

I hope that is a real fiberglass hatch in the floor by the drivers seat.  I hate how squishy the soft plastic porthole cover is.  I'm a big guy and feel like its going to give way one of these days... 

ahopkins22LSV

Saw that at the factory. Neat system. The added a sleeve in the cover on the under side so you can tighten the hangtyte from the back of the boat. And it locks in place. 

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, bcoppess23 said:

What is TAPS 2?  What was TAPS 1??  

NVM - It is Malibu's version of HangTyte

Tige's surf system...Pretty sure theyre on 3 now though.  Taps and surfgate could be an interesting combo.

The platform covers are really nice.   Evolution is making them now too.  The platform itself stays much cooler,  tree cover gets freaking hot though.   No more burning my feet on the platform though. 

Just now, UWSkier said:

Anyone save the pics?  They must have been real since they've been yanked from the listing...  :)

They were real... I saw that boat getting its final wipe down / decals applied at the factory yesterday. It was a 23. Gorgeous boat!

I saw a 23 LSV on Instagram today, but it has been removed.  Gel lines look like a cross between the "swoosh" look of the 22 VLX (and VTX, 25 LSV) and the new MXZ with the rectangle lines coming out of the back.  Looked like the "Malibu" logo on the side has a box around it.  

• Like 3

Axis forum someone is "confirming"  A24 will gain 700lbs due to more freeboard, and a tiny bit of length (24'6"). Also included a statement of optional power wedge. Not my words. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, mbianchini said:

Did Supra change engines? I notice two exhaust flaps,  correct me if I'm wrong, isn't the ford indmar  a single?

That is an old photo.  Mounts for the tab rams are the old welded tube style instead of the flat plates used for the past few years.  Center wake plate is old style too.