Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 New Models/Updates

ahopkins22LSV

1 hour ago, Fman said:

^^^ this has been the case for the past seven years.

Yep!  Hard to believe I spent 72k on a VLX in 2011 that had so many options and so much flake.  Heck, my 2012 LSV had a few more than the VLX, but no flake... was still only upper 70s.  Those days are loooong gone.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Hmmmm

What's this?

Gel lines of the MXZ's, but that doesn't look like a pickle fork to me.........New LSV 23?  Nice find Hopkins!

3 hours ago, Sixer said:

Gel lines of the MXZ's, but that doesn't look like a pickle fork to me.........New LSV 23?  Nice find Hopkins!

23 LSV gets my vote too! The minute I saw the picture, I was thinking the same thing. MXZ like, but no pickle fork.

2 hours ago, tn_rider said:

I have a pic of a 2018 back seat and sun pad but this forum wants to be garbage and not use Tapatalk. And I'm not dropping it into photobucket just to post it. 

Walk through on the sun pad or is it the same as 2017?

For sure looks like a 23 LSV with a bunch of freeboard. Would anybody be surprised to hear that's where the 23 LSV is going this year? Anybody else notice the tinted windows?

On the Tommy's IG page they have a video post 4 days ago that is calling what looks to be this same boat an MXZ although the picture in question does look like a traditional bow

ahopkins22LSV
5 hours ago, WakeSwagger said:

Judging by the hashtags, I think the boat pictured above is a MXZ. 

Ah good catch. Maybe they are bringing the 20 MXZ back? Idk maybe it's just me but that doesn't look like a 22. Something about the rear gel line of the blue and black looks different. 

15 hours ago, NWBU said:

Walk through on the sun pad or is it the same as 2017?

There was 0 walk through. Design on the sun deck and back seat are different though. Instead of a walk through there are two steps a little bigger than a foot that are sea dek in the middle. The butt part of the middle cushion on the flip around seat is sea dek as well. Someone shoot me an email and I'll send the pic over to post. I'm not doing the photo bucket garbage

Edited by tn_rider

Judging by the seam lines in the back cushion, I would bet it got wake view seating as well.   I like the seadeck steps vs. a full walk through I think.  I like the sunpad in the cove and this design should save wear and tear a bit.  

ahopkins22LSV

Just food for thought. The M i demod was absolutely amazing in every way. Although if I had to gripe about something, it was the warmer tray. It was and half an inch deep and you had to pull the whole back hatch up. So you could fit MAYBE two comp vests in there. I'm pretty sure it's because of the rear walkway. It takes up too much space. So if those steps kept a full warning tray and saves the vinyl I'd for sure go that route. Warming tray is money in Michigan.