Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 New Models/Updates

ahopkins22LSV

I own a 2017 23 lsv that we really like a lot. I have no intention of changing or upgrading to a 2018, but when we went out on a 2018 23 lsv we were somewhat surprised at the wave. We were hoping that we would not notice a difference, but both my son and I though the wave on the 2018 23 lsv has improved. It was not a day and night difference, but I thought the way the wave came out of the bottom of the boat looks different and forms a longer wave. We are going out on our boat on Friday to see if we still think the 2018 is better. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cole2001 said:

Monday 10am something new is being released! What do you think it is?

21MLX.  Budget version of the 22MXZ, similar to how the 21VLX is to the 22VLX.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, mrnate450r said:

Doesn't appear to have a 102" beam. Looks pretty narrow. 

I was told it was the exact same specs as the 21vlx, but with a pickle fork (98’’ beam)

Interior vinyl patterns on the 21 vlx and 21 mlx look like something out of the 80s.  

Other than that, I like the boats.  Good outside lines and performance most likely be excellent.

Edited by bamabonners
5 hours ago, SCMike said:

I was told it was the exact same specs as the 21vlx, but with a pickle fork (98’’ beam)

Nope... the MLX is 2" taller than the VLX. The seat bases are the same height. The extra 2" was added to the back rests. 

Eye witnesses say it's a much more substantial looking boat...

IMG_8727.JPG

3 hours ago, IXFE said:

Nope... the MLX is 2" taller than the VLX. The seat bases are the same height. The extra 2" was added to the back rests. 

Eye witnesses say it's a much more substantial looking boat...

IMG_8727.JPG

Looks like your sources are correct.  I’ve compared a few pic floating around the internet to mine, and it does look a little taller.  

35 minutes ago, Cole2001 said:

For the size of the bow the overall upholstery area looks rather small. 

LInKzf9.jpg

Late 70's Lincoln Continental!!  Totally pimped out with the vinyl package.  Need some fuzzy dice and a pimp hat riding in that bad boy!  Maybe some Begees or Earth Wind and Fire cranking on the radio.  I wonder if an 8 track player can be controlled through the dash?  hmmm