Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 New Models/Updates

ahopkins22LSV

Just now, 85 Barefoot said:

...gotta differentiate from the MXZ.

Indeed they do. That is one of the features that pushed us to the new MXZ

1 hour ago, 85 Barefoot said:

I really don't see an axis ski boat....ever.  De-contented ski boats are all anyone "says" they want, but never sell.  For 10 years Malibu sold very very few response/lxs when lxi came out, and the LXR has ALREADY been discontinued, as was the fxi (I realize it wasn't a decontented boat).  Finally, it's contrary to the whole axis "core-wake" mantra.  

This is exactly what I thought too. Axis has really pushed the brand toward the big wake market since the beginning. A slalom or 3 event tug doesn't seem a decent fit. I wouldn't be disappointed to be wrong, though.

I would like to have been in a position to order an LXR, but if I were I would have more likely searched out a two year old TXi... The last Sunsetter LXi--->FXi is also still on the list of used boats that pings my interest when I look around.

3 hours ago, Fman said:

I really like that center flip around seat!  

Theyve had this on the two big boats for a few years now.  Its really nice but not as nice as the Nautique and MC versions.  Malibus brackets are an ankle buster for sure.

1 hour ago, mrnate450r said:

Can you confirm or deny that the photo above is the new 23 LSV? It looks like a 25 LSV to me. 

Size wise it looks like a 23 LSV to me too. I would think they do away with the 22 and have only a 23 and 25 with the lines of the 25. My dealer doesn't even stock a 22 VLX.

8 minutes ago, bbattiste247 said:

Size wise it looks like a 23 LSV to me too. I would think they do away with the 22 and have only a 23 and 25 with the lines of the 25. My dealer doesn't even stock a 22 VLX.

They're not doing away with a boat that they just created.  It may not get redesigned and run a shorter lifespan, but they're not doing away with it.  All that said, its my understanding its the second best seller.

1 hour ago, 85 Barefoot said:

They're not doing away with a boat that they just created.  It may not get redesigned and run a shorter lifespan, but they're not doing away with it.  All that said, its my understanding its the second best seller.

I think a previous post mentioned this... But take the current 22VLX, change it to 22LSV. Then make the 22VLX a slightly bigger version of the current "ultimate value" 21VLX.  Or maybe a 23VLX? They could honestly have 3 tiers of boat... Axis (Raw performance for budget) , VLX bridges the gap (Luxury value), and then your MXZ/LSV/M is the top of the line. 

From what I heard at the Milwaukee boat show, people were easily justifying the smaller boat to go to the 21VLX over the Axis line.  They reportedly sold a good number of them at the show. 

ahopkins22LSV
6 hours ago, Woodski said:

@ahopkinsTXi:  speculation item #4 is an interesting one.  I would think the Axis version would be the bare bones and the bling (rear seat option) would be reserved for the parent company.  My guess and only a guess is too soon to release a variant on the new for '17 TXi.

5 hours ago, 85 Barefoot said:

I really don't see an axis ski boat....ever.  De-contented ski boats are all anyone "says" they want, but never sell.  For 10 years Malibu sold very very few response/lxs when lxi came out, and the LXR has ALREADY been discontinued, as was the fxi (I realize it wasn't a decontented boat).  Finally, it's contrary to the whole axis "core-wake" mantra.  

My guesses:

M255

23 lsv

A24..now A25?

T20

Yeah I completely agree with the points about an Axis version TXi. And because they have a "cheaper" version and the Open version of the newly released TXi. Just fun to think about it. 

Edited by ahopkinsTXi

This is just me, but I don't think there is any way they are going to let anyone reveal a new boat except for their (Malibu's) account.  My thought is UpperLeft is just posting photos of (2017) boats and captioning "2018 photoshoot."  From my eye, I can't notice any differences in the two pictures posted.  Looks like the G4 is the same and that looks like the same G3.5 as well.  These are just my speculations.  No way Malibu let's someone post/leak two photos of new boats.  I think UpperLeft is just posting photos and adding captions about the photoshoot to get people talking.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, 85 Barefoot said:

If you manufacture a 21, 22, 23 and 25, and 22 MXZ and 24 MXZ, I would think that they would narrow it down a bit. I think the 22 VLX has been in production for a long time, and it makes sense to me to get rid of it to carry only a 21, 23 and 25 along with the MXZ's.  

1 hour ago, Suggy said:

This is just me, but I don't think there is any way they are going to let anyone reveal a new boat except for their (Malibu's) account.  My thought is UpperLeft is just posting photos of (2017) boats and captioning "2018 photoshoot."  From my eye, I can't notice any differences in the two pictures posted.  Looks like the G4 is the same and that looks like the same G3.5 as well.  These are just my speculations.  No way Malibu let's someone post/leak two photos of new boats.  I think UpperLeft is just posting photos and adding captions about the photoshoot to get people talking.

Ehh, dealers get info before general public. Why would he lie? I doubt they mind the occasional teaser photo. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bbattiste247 said:

If you manufacture a 21, 22, 23 and 25, and 22 MXZ and 24 MXZ, I would think that they would narrow it down a bit. I think the 22 VLX has been in production for a long time, and it makes sense to me to get rid of it to carry only a 21, 23 and 25 along with the MXZ's.  

no offense but thats not correct and that makes no sense at all.   

The 22vlx and the 23lsv are 2 Malibu's best seller. Why get rid of something that's still doing great? Nobody said they can't just make it even better. 

• Like 2
21 hours ago, NWBU said:

A963FCD7-279B-471D-896D-E66342C24EA7_zps

The gel lines would seem to match the 22VLX - as do the ones on the other boat pictured above....

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV
Just now, PeteOOXXOO said:

The gel lines would seem to match the 22VLX - as do the ones on the other boat pictured above....

The current 25 LSV and VTX for that matter all have the same gel lines as the 22 VLX.

Persoanlly I think that is a 25. And both the 25 and 22 that have been posted are probably 2018's because there hasn't been any changes to them or if there is nothing you can see from those photos. Like was was said above. Some 2018 pictures getting out there is good. Generates hype for the actual changes and updates. 

• Like 1

If it is a 22, it is new.  Cup holders in the rear are centered like the current 23LSV.  The current 22VLX has them off to the sides.  When in the cove, the centered ones bug me on my LSV as they are in the path of people getting in and out of the boat, and lake water drops in my beverage.    

• Like 2
1 hour ago, hethj7 said:

If it is a 22, it is new.  Cup holders in the rear are centered like the current 23LSV.  The current 22VLX has them off to the sides.  When in the cove, the centered ones bug me on my LSV as they are in the path of people getting in and out of the boat, and lake water drops in my beverage.    

The solution is to hold and drink the said beverage. Just sayin ??‍♂️

• Like 3