Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 New Models/Updates

ahopkins22LSV

On 7/19/2017 at 7:31 AM, IXFE said:

I was just thinking the same thing. It's gotta be a new color; that's much richer/ darker than Ruben

It is a new color, I believe it is called Cherry Wine or something like that. It looked really good on the boat that was rolling down the line, which had black flake all over the place. There is one other new color for 2018 I saw at the factory. I can't remember for the life of me what that color was called, but it was a minty green/teal color, somewhat similar to a seafoam green. 

EDIT:  I can't believe I remembered that name for the gel color... Going to take a stab at the green being called "Cool Mint" if I remember correctly.

Edited by BadgerBoater55
Added info
29 minutes ago, IXFE said:

I was just thinking the same thing. It's gotta be a new color; that's much richer/ darker than Ruben

That is a new gel color.  If I remember correctly it is called Brandy Red

9 hours ago, bamabonners said:

That shows my point, it really doesn't matter to malibu....as long as the number of units sold stays up, who cares if it is through 10 or 50 dealers?  Plus, I'm guessing that Malibu offers larger incentives to dealers that have larger volumes... so, this would seem to favor larger dealers.  Smaller dealers won't get the same price, so they don't mark down the boat as much...IF they want to make the same amount of profit.    Say you are joe customer and your territory is covered by a smaller dealer that had to pay more for the boat from Malibu...would you get the same deal as the customer dealing with the larger volume dealer?  Probably not.  

I'm not an insider or anything, just guessing and going off of some dealer talk I've heard through the years....

The point is, if 20 dealers around the country are allowed to sell wherever they want, presumably from large metro areas, with "blowout" pricing, what happens to the rest of the geography of the country?  Customers aren't going to reliably buy from dealers that are hours and hours away just because the price is a little better, they'll go to other brands with closer dealers.  Thus, geographical protections both protect Malibu and the entire dealer network.  Your perspective on this is short-sighted, in my opinion.

...back to the new 23, looks good to me.  It's funny though how many new colors have come out through the years that never catch on.  About ten years ago they released "ember" which I thought was beautiful.  Was gone very shortly thereafter.  Same with a few others and in fact I seem to recall a "wine" color in the past and a "plum".  Sure enough, black, regal red, and vapor blue stay the stalwarts.

12 minutes ago, 85 Barefoot said:

The point is, if 20 dealers around the country are allowed to sell wherever they want, presumably from large metro areas, with "blowout" pricing, what happens to the rest of the geography of the country?  Customers aren't going to reliably buy from dealers that are hours and hours away just because the price is a little better, they'll go to other brands with closer dealers.  Thus, geographical protections both protect Malibu and the entire dealer network.  Your perspective on this is short-sighted, in my opinion.

...back to the new 23, looks good to me.  It's funny though how many new colors have come out through the years that never catch on.  About ten years ago they released "ember" which I thought was beautiful.  Was gone very shortly thereafter.  Same with a few others and in fact I seem to recall a "wine" color in the past and a "plum".  Sure enough, black, regal red, and vapor blue stay the stalwarts.

Sangria had a good run.  That's the color of our '01.

I remain a big fan of the midnight blue, ebony, white or moonbeam, and gray combo.  Timeless and always good for resale.  Vapor blue has hung around longer than I expected.  I thought it might go the way of the awful teal/pink of the mid 90s.

KNPok1b7nJ5WSnGxhRevG2Ru_Mb5b2pvcBkacFYz

• Like 1
Just now, UWSkier said:

Sangria had a good run.  That's the color of our '01.

I remain a big fan of the midnight blue, ebony, white or moonbeam, and gray combo.  Timeless and always good for resale.  Vapor blue has hung around longer than I expected.  I thought it might go the way of the awful teal/pink of the mid 90s.

KNPok1b7nJ5WSnGxhRevG2Ru_Mb5b2pvcBkacFYz

that was it...I was thinking "plum sangria (wine)", hah....great looking boat.

1 hour ago, 85 Barefoot said:

...back to the new 23, looks good to me.  It's funny though how many new colors have come out through the years that never catch on.  About ten years ago they released "ember" which I thought was beautiful.  Was gone very shortly thereafter.  Same with a few others and in fact I seem to recall a "wine" color in the past and a "plum".  Sure enough, black, regal red, and vapor blue stay the stalwarts.

...If Malibu is putting out the superior product and the consumer could save 8-10k for it, they would travel a few hours to purchase.  People already do that for used boats.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.  

How about that electric pink color from a year or 2 ago?  

Edited by bamabonners
19 hours ago, UWSkier said:

Yeah, the retrofit is more what I was getting at.  I'd think the app would be a simple port to an Android watch.  Is it like any other Pebble app that requires it to go via a phone, or does the watch somehow communicate directly with the boat without needing a phone?

No phone required.  Communicates via Bluetooth to the boat

14 minutes ago, teamerickson said:

Malibu, put the thru hulls above the rub rail.

I'll bet you like registration numbers above there too! Lol

Edited by hunter77ah
8 minutes ago, hunter77ah said:

I'll bet you like registration numbers above there too! Lol

Thru hulls above rub rail would significantly reduce passive draining of the PNP bags IMO.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, mrnate450r said:

It doesn't look that much more freeboard. At least, not from the outside. 

It has a lot more. I jumped directly from a 16 to a 18 and wow. 

@saxton15  there were a few new features, walk through, flip down seats, glove box, something new with the rider remote. Few other little things 

7 minutes ago, saxton15 said:

I think the new A24 will be the big reveal this year.  

That would be pickle fork right? If they did that and power wedge I would be in trouble. After seeing @APoko 's 24 MXZ this week at wake the world my wife actually talked about a newer boat for the first time ever... used MXZ or new A24 could be neat. 

• Like 2

The real question is... when the heck is Malibu going to start releasing videos?  I know they are done with shooting, 2018's are being ordered/hitting the showrooms... give us the info already! :Frustrated:

I get the impression that they only do big reveals for true overhauls.  The "new" 23LSV has been organically released.  The A24 is the only one getting short teasers through social media, so the changes must be significant. 

Basically, the 23 LSV has been redesigned to match the beef that the 2016 25LSV has. I was told the new LSV weighs 5,300lbs. That is 800lbs more than the old one. I'd call that a considerable change.

• Like 1