Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 New Models/Updates

ahopkins22LSV

2 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

If they made the adjustable surfgate similar to the GSA it could be decent. Have it automatically go out to that setting it's always at and then have a dial to fine tune it in. 

if that lenco switch works then it would do just that, "remember previous setting" 

I have started playing with the combination of NCRS and NSS on the G.

NSS is the plate that slides out like SG.  It can be adjusted while riding with the pebble watch.  0 is all the way out and 5 is all the way in.  I actually like it at a setting of 2.  

NCRS is the big trim tab in the middle.  Again it can be adjusted 0 to 5.  0 is a right angle with the hull and flattens out the wave.  5 is level with the hull and steepens the wave.  I like it at 3

There is definitely an analogy here with SG.  They are similar systems.  The ability to adjust is at least worth a look and might be cool.  @The Hulk might be a bit cooky but he's got some great ideas. :)

• Like 3
ahopkins22LSV

NSS slides down equally as much as it slides out though. I think that is why adjustability may be more effective with it rather than surf gate which strictly just opens out. I do buy the theory behind it all it just may not work as well as all of our alleged brains think it would due SG only extending out. 

58 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

if that lenco switch works then it would do just that, "remember previous setting" 

Forgot to mention that. I actually have that exact switch on my tige and it works pretty good. It's definitely not the easiest to fine tune, I just put them all the way down. 

Having adjustability is great, but a curse to the anal retentive folks.   I love having the ability to simply push a button and BOOM, surf wave!  Having a lot of adjustability tools, causes certain people to constantly "tweek" things.    

There is validity to @The Hulk desire for surf gate deployment.   This would change the amount of "crab" the boat would have.   Very similar to Ncrs as @bamaboy stated.  Centurion creates this "crab" by the articulating tracking fin, (CATS).  This has significant effects to the face of the wave.   

Does that mean they also have a rudder angle indicator?  My wife often blames driving "issues" on not knowing the position of her rudder...

Edited by Cory
  • Like 2

That seems to be nearly a $10K option as well. Love the idea though.   As these wakeboard getting bigger and heavier, they get tougher at the docks.  My LSV doesn't kick to the right nearly like my old VLX did, which actually makes it less responsive and less maneuverable. 

4 hours ago, Cory said:

Does that mean they also have a rudder angle indicator?  My wife often blames driving "issues" on not knowing the position of her rudder...

That would be cool.  Half the time I am going sideways when I "HIT IT". :whistle: 

Not Malibu related, but just saw a preview on instagram for a new Centurion launching tomorrow..... anyone have further details?  Dash looks to be one big screen.

8 hours ago, Cory said:

2018 Cobalt has a rudder position indicator on the main display.

21 hours ago, The Hulk said:

And the G 2018 gets a new side thruster above ncrs for 2018. True reverse driving.. harder u turn the wheel or further and the faster the thruster goes in that direction.. just like rear backup assist on the new f150s.. pretty slick if u ask me apparently puts MC rudders to shame.. now I wonder if they can use that side thruster for wave shaping! Haha :)

Don't get too excited.. only works in reverse from what I hear.. no parallel self docking mode ...yet.. 

rps20170711_004752.jpg

Does the G get a joystick like the SeaRay JPI?  That thing has bow and stern thrusters on an inboard. 

http://www.boattest.com/oem/32/boats/3638/0/

14 minutes ago, 95echelon said:

While we are making wish lists I wouldn't kick a few things to the curb:

1 - a rudder indicator would be welcome (just like on motorcycles with gear indicators it's not needed by welcome)

2 - a built in inflator 

3 - board storage at the platform

4 - a platform on the top of the tower for kids to jump off of with a ladder on the side. 

5 - height adjustable drivers seat (not just the bolster)

6 - collision warning assistance (use radar like blind spot assist) to warn me whenever boats are approaching from the rear. 

7 - depth charges for tri-toons (pontoons should be idling near the side of the lake drinking margaritas not doing 40mph down the middle)

8 - some decent surf lights so I can take advantage of the hour after sunset I can legally surf. 

9 - rub rails with navigation lights built into them

10 - Tesla self drive mode so I can surf solo (use surf band for gps tracking when I fall  

11 - a bag of chips

12 - a big a** magnet on the bow hook to automatically connect at the ramp

13 - instead of pop up cleats some damn retractable mooring lines like on cord keeper hair dryers. What are we doing with all this wasted gunwale space?

14 - speaking of gunwale space if Dodge Ram can put storage there why can't Malibu?

15 - and if things are getting retractable out a retractable surf rope in the tower. When you click "go home" it winds in.

shoot these engineers are sleeping on the job...

These are great aside from the kids side platform which would be cool but wonky, I think we should have them all especially the chips

I mean for a toy that costs $120,000.00  I don't think your requests are out of this world.  Except the potato chips which engineers would never be able to solve. 

Hell, for less then that, Tesla drives you anywhere you want, with no gas consumption. 

Tow boat companies shouldn't alow tubes to be towed from the pylon or the tower so I have a better exscuse not to.    That would be a good selling feature!

Edited by Cole2001
On 7/11/2017 at 8:00 AM, NAW said:

I think we'll see other mfg's with thrusters this year too.  

Sea Ray has them on their new inboard. They also have a huge swim platform with a Cobalt style swing down swim step. 

Edited by Sailvi767

I wouldn't pull tubes from my G4 but every nautique on the lake pulls 3-4 tubes on theirs.. 

Inflator would be sweet.. the 25 lsv is a tubing beast.. plus all the neighborhood kids fit in the boat.. although potato chips with 18 kids in the boat... Ahh screw it.. now that's a great lake day! 

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

I wouldn't pull tubes from my G4 but every nautique on the lake pulls 3-4 tubes on theirs.. 

Inflator would be sweet.. the 25 lsv is a tubing beast.. plus all the neighborhood kids fit in the boat.. although potato chips with 18 kids in the boat... Ahh screw it.. now that's a great lake day! 

My far superior Titan 3 could probably handle three mother in laws in tubes from the tower...

And let's be honest here: anything less than salt and vinegar kettle chips is blasphemy!

maybe ketchup chips for the Canadians...

Edited by 95echelon