Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 New Models/Updates

ahopkins22LSV

12 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Only Mastercraft and Nautique claim that 5,000+ is a ski boat. 

IMG_7171.JPG

How many women in that boat?  Looks like an all female crew.

12 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Only Mastercraft and Nautique claim that 5,000+ is a ski boat. 

Not a slolam ski, it is a pair of jump skis.  Who needs a ramp anymore!?

This thing looks bigger than the M.  I don't mean that as a compliment.  I'm sure I'm in the minority 

12 minutes ago, 67King said:

Not a slolam ski, it is a pair of jump skis.  Who needs a ramp anymore!?

This thing looks bigger than the M.  I don't mean that as a compliment.  I'm sure I'm in the minority 

Still not seeing waterskis in that boat....

Your last statement strikes me as ironic. 

10 hours ago, IXFE said:

You can surf NOW with only sub floor ballast, but why??

As long as the boat will benefit from more, people will add more. 

The only reason the G23 gets such props for being able to surf without PnP is because that particular boat doesn't like a lot of weight in the rear. If it did people would be filling up the sacks

Eh.... respectfully disagree.  The point is you can get a stellar wave with stock ballast on the new G hull.  Can you get a sweet wave with just sub floor ballast on the 23?  Maybe but dubious.  So it's not a matter of just being able to surf.  It's a matter of being able to achieve a very nice wave.  

Also, you say people would be filling sacks on the G if it helped.  Maybe but exclude me from that list. I would rather have rear storage, no bags, better fuel consumption plus still have a sweet wave that is more than I will ever need.  

Edited by bamaboy
  • Like 3

The new 22-24 mxz give u a wake like the G and a much better surf wake..

so the 23 lsv with the factory tanks of the mxz and deeper hull should be a lot better then the G ..

ahopkins22LSV
On 6/15/2017 at 5:05 PM, bbattiste247 said:

I am going to be biased since I own a 2017 23lsv, but I like the cabin, bow and seating of my current boat better than the 2018. I am not a big fan of the squared pattern of seating. I sat in a 2017 mxz and the corners are not rounded and a bit uncomfortable. If the changes to the 23 in 2018 are only cosmetic inside and out, I won't be disappointed. But if they change the hull for a better wave and wake, then I might wish I had waited.

On 6/15/2017 at 5:47 PM, ahopkinsTXi said:

How can you tell what the seats are like from a rendering? Or have you been in a 2018 already?

On 6/15/2017 at 6:26 PM, bbattiste247 said:

If you know the product, you would notice that the seats in the rendering are very similar to the 2017 mxz. 

On 6/15/2017 at 7:01 PM, ahopkinsTXi said:

I'm just somewhat familiar...

Had to come back to this. My bad. I see what you are saying now with the seat backs. I thought you were talking about the seat cushions. And I agree. I'm not a big fan of how the bow cushions look or where the sides meet the back. Hopefully it's just pictures. I have spent a fair amount of time in new mxz's and never noticed it being uncomfortable but I'll take a closer look now. 

3 hours ago, bamaboy said:

Eh.... respectfully disagree.  The point is you can get a stellar wave with stock ballast on the new G hull.  Can you get a sweet wave with just sub floor ballast on the 23?  Maybe but dubious.  So it's not a matter of just being able to surf.  It's a matter of being able to achieve a very nice wave.  

Also, you say people would be filling sacks on the G if it helped.  Maybe but exclude me from that list. I would rather have rear storage, no bags, better fuel consumption plus still have a sweet wave that is more than I will ever need.  

Same reasons we bought the M, keeping rear storage and having a stellar wave ????

3 hours ago, bamaboy said:

I'm not saying the G doesn't make a nice wave... it certainly does. I'm only saying that if it was a boat that liked rear weight (and the factory offered PnP), you'd see more guys throwing bags in there regardless of the stock wave. 

And what exactly are we talking about storing under there?  When we were out it was a few surf boards and vests. My boats still holds vests even with the bags full. And the boards go in the racks (Bu offers four) or up on the bimini. Just different ways of accomplishing the same goal. 

If guys are hoping the new 23 lsv has under floor ballast equal to the G, I think they're gonna be disappointed. My guess is this boat will be like my 25 or the MXZ... more than prior gen but somewhere south of 2000 lbs. I don't think Malibu built this to compete with the G, rather to continue as the worldwide sales king. It will still be $25k less than the G. 

As for the M.... yeah, if I owned that boat I'd have sacks in the back, but that's just me. 

• Like 2

@IXFE , I actually have bags back there but rarely fill them. It's enough wave for most of our crew without them filled, but even with them filled, still have 12 vests and in compartments with bags and miscellaneous stuff, like flip flops,rags, ropes and things in trays above bags. ????

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, spikew919 said:

@IXFE , I actually have bags back there but rarely fill them. It's enough wave for most of our crew without them filled, but even with them filled, still have 12 vests and in compartments with bags and miscellaneous stuff, like flip flops,rags, ropes and things in trays above bags. ????

Got room for one more?? :blush:

Happy 4th!!

• Like 2
Just now, IXFE said:

Got room for one more?? :blush:

Happy 4th!!

Happy 4th to you and your fam too, and as far as invite, we will definitely have to one day, actually was out with joe and Todd at smith lake this weekend and they both had good things to say about you. And Todd spoke highly of the 25 also ?? 

Joe's Ri257 is nothing to sneeze at also. Really nice wave 

• Like 1
Just now, spikew919 said:

Happy 4th to you and your fam too, and as far as invite, we will definitely have to one day, actually was out with joe and Todd at smith lake this weekend and they both had good things to say about you. And Todd spoke highly of the 25 also ?? 

Joe's Ri257 is nothing to sneeze at also. Really nice wave 

Ah yes, I've surfed with both those guys; they are good friends. Isn't it funny what happens when we meet up off the forum?  I'm glad you had the chance to do that and hope to meet you some day also. 

Hoping to meet up with Joe next time I'm in Phoenix visiting family.  I gotta try that new aircraft carrier he's got!!

Smith lake looks amazing in videos. I'm jealous. 

Man... we really gotta figure out a way to do a big TMC get together. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Had to come back to this. My bad. I see what you are saying now with the seat backs. I thought you were talking about the seat cushions. And I agree. I'm not a big fan of how the bow cushions look or where the sides meet the back. Hopefully it's just pictures. I have spent a fair amount of time in new mxz's and never noticed it being uncomfortable but I'll take a closer look now. 

The MXZs are not uncomfortable, but IMHO not as comfortable as the the 2017 23lsv. It seems like they took some of the cushion out and the corners in the rear are squared. I have not ridden in an MXZ only sat in one. I'll bet the 2018 23lsv will be awesome, but I love my 2017 and I hope I still feel that way once the new models come out.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, bbattiste247 said:

The MXZs are not uncomfortable, but IMHO not as comfortable as the the 2017 23lsv. It seems like they took some of the cushion out and the corners in the rear are squared. I have not ridden in an MXZ only sat in one. I'll bet the 2018 23lsv will be awesome, but I love my 2017 and I hope I still feel that way once the new models come out.

This is the area we're talking about, right?

(my 2017 25 LSV vs. 2018 23 LSV)

I agree I like the softer, rounded style. But I was told they did this to accommodate the flip down steps like the M235 has... 

IMG_7200.JPG

Edited by IXFE
  • Like 2

My wife refused to consider the M235 because she didn't like the passenger seat bolster at the top and the way it fit her, as that is generally "her seat".  Tons of things to be considered on these and what works for one doesn't for the other.  

23 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

My wife refused to consider the M235 because she didn't like the passenger seat bolster at the top and the way it fit her, as that is generally "her seat".  Tons of things to be considered on these and what works for one doesn't for the other.  

My wife refused to consider it because of the price.  LOL!!

So, what will make it different than the M235?

Edited by bamabonners