Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 New Models/Updates

ahopkins22LSV

2 hours ago, Fman said:

Lol...17 LSV just went up in value:lol: I'm sure the new lines will grow on people.  Looking forward to seeing one hit my dealer and crawl around in it.

I know a guy selling one of those appreciating assets...???

If you talk to Acme or OJ they will tell you the raptor with the 1.76 trans cried out for a 16" prop. A 17 would only make sense if the went to a 2 to 1 tranny. You want diameter and pitch to be as close as possible. The G's run a 17x17. The performance of the G23 with the small 5.3 motor was outstanding with the 17" prop.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Yep. I remember the same comments about the G4......

Oh boy.....  I really liked the M235, MXZ, newer Axis stuff.  To me the new 23 doesn't work/flow as well.  Very Supra-esque in my opinion.  Sort of like the 22VLX didn't flow as well as the 23 and 25 IMO.  

You have to admit that the new 23 scheme seems a little un Malibu like.  

• Like 2
8 hours ago, tjklein said:

Oh boy.....  I really liked the M235, MXZ, newer Axis stuff.  To me the new 23 doesn't work/flow as well.  Very Supra-esque in my opinion.  Sort of like the 22VLX didn't flow as well as the 23 and 25 IMO.  

You have to admit that the new 23 scheme seems a little un Malibu like.  

One inevitable thing in the marine industry is change.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Raffit78 said:

Let's not refuse 110k boats for 2018 because of an unpleasant to some eyes..... gel scheme. 

Pretty simple solution... Just make the parts you don't like the same color as the main scheme or just have a one color boat.  

• Like 4
7 hours ago, BadgerBoater55 said:

Pretty simple solution... Just make the parts you don't like the same color as the main scheme or just have a one color boat.  

Or go black/ white 

The new construction narrows up the sides, like on the MXZ.   That probably frees up a few inches.  I think I like it, but also kind of like the cubby spaces in the bow of the current model.  

35 minutes ago, thtrog said:

Never show the bow while surfing...

I know, oldest trick in the book. However, I hear the bow tank is bigger and the batteries are in the bow too now, so I'm hoping that shot is more legit than it looks at 1st glance.

I'm more interested in seeing the regular side wave after the redesign.

Here are some new pictures of the 23 LSV

The back of the boat looks like the new MXZ (2017) line. There is also sea deck at these places where carpet was in the older models, like at the wall above the floor.  

Just now, Cory said:

Will you finally be able to surf with only subfloor ballast?

You can surf NOW with only sub floor ballast, but why??

As long as the boat will benefit from more, people will add more. 

The only reason the G23 gets such props for being able to surf without PnP is because that particular boat doesn't like a lot of weight in the rear. If it did people would be filling up the sacks

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, bamabonners said:

Is that blue board on right not a ski?  Looking at this in my phone... hard to tell. 

Only Mastercraft and Nautique claim that 5,000+ is a ski boat. 

IMG_7171.JPG

• Like 3