Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 New Models/Updates

ahopkins22LSV

34 minutes ago, NAW said:

I can agree, sitting on info and pics is tough, but I think it also adds a bit of suspense...which is fun.

However, that boat seems to be sitting on the showroom at a dealer, so I think it's pretty fair game to post and show.  If Malibu was concerned, I would think they would do a model release before they started shipping the boats.

Out of curiosity, what kind of positive performance attributes would you want to see with increased prop clearance?

The 1.76 transmission coupled with the raptor engine needs a bigger prop. In trying to find the right prop for my VLX both OJ and ACME said the boat needed a 16". You get better holeshot and less cavitation turning a bigger wheel. Testing a G13 with the small 5.3 liter motor made a believer out of me about prop size. 5800 Lb boat that topped out at 39 and jumped out of the hole with full internal ballast.

1 hour ago, IXFE said:

I love it too. I have seen other pics that look even better than the one pictured above. 

I don't see the similarities to Axis at all. To me it looks like a mix between 25 LSV and MB 23

I didn't think about the Axis gel lines, but now that it was mentioned.  I agree, it does look similar at first glance to an Axis T23:

5923173_20160830150252755_1_XLARGE.jpg&w

20 minutes ago, Anderson24 said:

@NAW, you missed the most important question. I have highlighted it above.

:whistle::yes::rockon:

I don't think I have anything to share that hasn't already been mentioned in this thread.?

Plus, until I get my hands on it, it doesn't really count.

in regards to the 17" prop, if hole shot and top speed are what your after, go with the biggest engine available.

Maybe we'll see a drivetrain revision with new power plants?

ahopkins22LSV

I encourage you guys to see this boat in person before you pass final judgement. The gel likes look awesome in person because there are all on a different plane from each other. Kinda tough to tell in pictures. When I was at the factory a few weeks ago I was lucky enough to see a few in person but I kept my mouth shut on here out of respect for those who showed me. 

@IXFE is pretty good with that analyst though lol

• Like 2
3 hours ago, IXFE said:

I don't see Axis at all, except maybe up in the nose a little...

Here's what I do see...

IMG_7086.JPG

Black that b**ch out with some red flake and ??

• Like 2

That is kinda bummer no 17" prop on the new 23...the boat is big enough to justify it.

They definitely changed up the gel lines, not even close to what I expected to see.  I gotta give it a few months to settle in.  I remember when the G4 came out and I was not a fan.  It definitely grew on me.

5 hours ago, malibu.c.c said:

The 25lsv came out with a 15" prop and had no problems !

in 2016 it was offered with 17

I am sure you had no problems. You would have liked it more with a 17" however!

12 hours ago, IXFE said:

I don't see Axis at all, except maybe up in the nose a little...

The whole profile.  Has the same arrowhead like thing in the middle, where it comes to a point in the middle of the boat at the rub rail.  Certainly not exactly, but very much teh same vibe as the current Axis lines.  To me (and obviously you disagree), the whole general vibe of it looks like Axis.  That's not a bad thing, BTW.

23 hours ago, IXFE said:

Oh totally agree... boat appears to be on he showroom floor.  I just wasn't aware they'd started shipping yet; it's not even July yet!

Do you guys have a new 23 in stock?

They should be hitting showrooms soon... The boat pictured in this thread was just getting its decals when I had my factory tour, and there were plenty others behind it.  I won't say much more, but it will be soon if my source was correct.

12 minutes ago, Raffit78 said:

When does Malibu do official news updates on upcoming year boats? A particular day or a month? Does it vary by year? 

They use a magic 8 ball.

20 hours ago, Fman said:

That is kinda bummer no 17" prop on the new 23...the boat is big enough to justify it.

They definitely changed up the gel lines, not even close to what I expected to see.  I gotta give it a few months to settle in.  I remember when the G4 came out and I was not a fan.  It definitely grew on me.

I will draw one up for ya... gimme a few days...

Edited by ConnollyCrew

I'm not sure I understand the need for a 17" prop on a 23 LSV. Are guys ACTUALLY having issues with the current offerings? Or do they just want to tell their buddies they have a 17" prop? I'm spinning a 16" prop on a Ri257 and I can tell you there is absolutely no need for a larger diameter prop. There's probably enough room for a 19" prop if a guy needed it. After many conversations with ACME, not once did they recommend a 17" prop for my boat. Granted, I'm running taller gearing, but the conversation is the same for the guys running the H6 with shorter gearing in the same boat. The 17's seem to work great on the G's. But they're running 2:1, and they are significantly heavier than a 23 LSV.

So, no new hull design for the 23 LSV this year? Am I following correctly? I definitely thought Axis when I first saw that picture. I'd really like to see one in person. You could put together some pretty nice schemes with those gel lines for sure.

On 6/23/2017 at 7:31 PM, thtrog said:

Just saw this on FB, posted as a 2018 23 LSV. 

0A4C4739-ABFD-4D39-ACF9-8657B7B79E3C_zps

Late to the party on this, but I'm feeling better about not waiting for a new 23 and going with the MXZ instead.  I'm not digging it at all.  Maybe in other schemes it will be better.

1 hour ago, MaliWop said:

I'm not sure I understand the need for a 17" prop on a 23 LSV. 

I didn't want to say it because I'm not technically competent to do so, but the single issue thing for one thing seems a bit silly to me.  Almost like saying one won't buy a truck without a 4.11 differential without even considering the hearing in the transmission.

On 6/26/2017 at 0:14 PM, MaliWop said:

I'm not sure I understand the need for a 17" prop on a 23 LSV. Are guys ACTUALLY having issues with the current offerings? Or do they just want to tell their buddies they have a 17" prop? I'm spinning a 16" prop on a Ri257 and I can tell you there is absolutely no need for a larger diameter prop. There's probably enough room for a 19" prop if a guy needed it. After many conversations with ACME, not once did they recommend a 17" prop for my boat. Granted, I'm running taller gearing, but the conversation is the same for the guys running the H6 with shorter gearing in the same boat. The 17's seem to work great on the G's. But they're running 2:1, and they are significantly heavier than a 23 LSV.

So, no new hull design for the 23 LSV this year? Am I following correctly? I definitely thought Axis when I first saw that picture. I'd really like to see one in person. You could put together some pretty nice schemes with those gel lines for sure.

The 23 is now 5300 dry

1 hour ago, ConnollyCrew said:

The 23 is now 5300 dry

I understand that. I'm just not convinced (not that anybody cares if I'm convinced) that 5300lbs dry warrants a 17" prop with any REAL benefits. I guess what I'm trying to say is that Malibu is getting knocked on for not being able to accompany a 17" prop on the 23 LSV. When in actuality they are probably saving those R&D dollars to develop something that will be more beneficial to the end user.

On 6/26/2017 at 10:27 AM, tjklein said:

Late to the party on this, but I'm feeling better about not waiting for a new 23 and going with the MXZ instead.  I'm not digging it at all.  Maybe in other schemes it will be better.

Lol...17 LSV just went up in value:lol: I'm sure the new lines will grow on people.  Looking forward to seeing one hit my dealer and crawl around in it.

1 hour ago, MaliWop said:

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Malibu is getting knocked..........................in actuality they are probably saving those R&D dollars to develop something that will be more beneficial to the end user.

Ha!  Boy I know that feeling.  Amazing how much more educated Bubba is than the engineers at at least the automotive OEM's.  I almost applaud Malibu for not doing that just because that's the new fangled gadget that is highly marketable, regardless of whether or not it is beneficial.  It may be, it may not be......like I said earlier, I'm not competent to judge that.  But do know for certain that there are a great many things engineers who do this stuff for a living know that others don't get (ignoring how often they get over-ruled by the finance guys - sometimes rightfully, sometimes wrongfully)

49 minutes ago, Fman said:

Lol...17 LSV just went up in value:lol: I'm sure the new lines will grow on people.  Looking forward to seeing one hit my dealer and crawl around in it.

Yep. I remember the same comments about the G4......