Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 New Models/Updates

ahopkins22LSV

15 hours ago, IXFE said:

Still not seeing waterskis in that boat....

Your last statement strikes me as ironic. 

It was a joke, sorry.  Thought the comment about not needing a ramp would make it obvious.

Last comment was just lamenting how big these things have gotten.  I could ski behind my old A22.  And I could load it up and surf.   I'm just lamenting that skiing has basically been completely pushed aside.  And as I said, I'm sure I'm in the minority. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, 67King said:

It was a joke, sorry.  Thought the comment about not needing a ramp would make it obvious.

Last comment was just lamenting how big these things have gotten.  I could ski behind my old A22.  And I could load it up and surf.   I'm just lamenting that skiing has basically been completely pushed aside.  And as I said, I'm sure I'm in the minority. 

Skiing? Mammoth? Breckendridge? :)

3 hours ago, 67King said:

Are you able to ski behind well the 22 VLX?

The ironic comment was in reference to your last boat purchase. The 22 VLX is exactly the result of the trend you're not liking (i.e. make 'em taller). Curious why you didn't get a '14 21 VLX if crossover is a priority and you don't like the deeper freeboard of the newer models. 

5 hours ago, bamabonners said:

My wife refused to consider it because of the price.  LOL!!

So, what will make it different than the M235?

We never really seriously considered it.  But, in her mind, that seat was a deal breaker even if the price was right. 

On 7/4/2017 at 4:52 AM, malibu.c.c said:

The new 22-24 mxz give u a wake like the G and a much better surf wake..

so the 23 lsv with the factory tanks of the mxz and deeper hull should be a lot better then the G ..

^^^Haha.  What is this called?  The transitive property of Malibu fanboys? 

So let me get this straight....The 22-24 MXZ gives you a better surf wake than the G.  And the 23 LSV has hard tanks like the MXZ, so by the transitive property of Malibu fanboys it should be a lot better than the G.

Gotcha.  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, bamaboy said:

^^^Haha.  What is this called?  The transitive property of Malibu fanboys? 

So let me get this straight....The 22-24 MXZ gives you a better surf wake than the G.  And the 23 LSV has hard tanks like the MXZ, so by the transitive property of Malibu fanboys it should be a lot better than the G.

Gotcha.  

You forgot cheaper.

10 hours ago, 05hammerhead said:

You forgot cheaper.

You get what you pay for. 

Unless you buy an M235.  Then you don't get what you pay for.  :blowup::blowup::blowup:

I kid I kid!

Edited by bamaboy
  • Like 2

The M is better then the G at everything !!try one !! At lake Conway were most of the pros ride with their team sponsored boats prefer to ride behind massi's m !!! 

The new mxz has same wakeboard wake as the G ! Try one ! And see reviews by others !! The surf wake on the new mxz is much better then the G ! And the mxz looks a lot better ..

put the weight the G has in the New 23 and again much better wake and wave at low to high speeds !!

The G is an overpriced bathtub! 

Gfans ...

3 hours ago, bamaboy said:

I stand corrected.  All the while I thought I had pretty sweet boat.  I guess I really have an inferior, overpriced bathtub that surfs worse than the whole Malibu lineup.  I apologize for the thread derailment.  Carry on gents. :) 

Insert "G" for Malibu and pretty much what you've been saying about Malibu's for some time. G owner goggles are pretty much the same thing as Malibu owner goggles....

• Like 2

We talked about this last Friday at our TMC ride gathering, people are way different behind the keyboards here than spending time with them in the boat.  Thank goodness because perception of some people on this site while being keyboard hero's puts a bad taste in my mouth about them.  Especially prior Malibu owners who have moved on and continue to probe this site.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, bamabonners said:

we all have our goggles on at some point.   I've been guilty of it as well, multiple times...

Goggles or full SNUBA helmet?

7AE72F97-3B1D-4EC5-A53C-E2CC761BF2B4_zps

Edited by Stevo
  • Like 3
9 minutes ago, Fman said:

We talked about this last Friday at our TMC ride gathering, people are way different behind the keyboards here than spending time with them in the boat.  Thank goodness because perception of some people on this site while being keyboard hero's puts a bad taste in my mouth about them.  Especially prior Malibu owners who have moved on and continue to probe this site.

I've seen this as well. My guess is that most posts are a reaction to another reaction. Not normal conversation like when in person.

20 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Insert "G" for Malibu and pretty much what you've been saying about Malibu's for some time. G owner goggles are pretty much the same thing as Malibu owner goggles....

That's not a very smart comment Ronnie.  The definition of "owner's goggles" is someone who is so blinded by their own brand that they are unable to criticize it.  I believe I'm the exact opposite of that.  In fact, my first thread on this site was bashing a perceived defect in surfgate.

No one ever asked me what I thought about the G.  There are some things I love about it and some things I absolutely hate.  That's the difference between me and the fanboys.  I am willing to criticize a boat that I own.  

I tried to get this biznatch back on topic but since you derailed it again Ronnie....to quote the legendary Afun, "C'mon I take your bullets"

11 minutes ago, Fman said:

Yes perception and reality are often different aren't they.  Like the perception that you have had 27 flawless Malibus.  

• Like 2
Just now, bamaboy said:

Yes perception and reality are often different aren't they.  Like the perception that you have had 27 flawless Malibus.  

LOL.... that is pretty funny.  27 of them now, wow.... I never have said Malibu builds a perfect or flawless boat.  If you read any of my posts about my past or current Malibus they also include warranty claims I have submitted.  52 hours now on my current '17 LSV and I have had 3 claims to date.

No one spends 100K plus on a boat and isn't biased. Who buys a Ferrari and calls it mediocre?  At the end of the day, each boat has it's pros and cons. But let's call a spade a spade. 99% of the boat owners are not pros and the extra "edge" on your surf wave isn't going to make you a better rider. You can do everything you have been doing on a decent wave as you can on a Tsunami. 

Whatever fit and finish you desire, then buy that boat. This is what I call  (First world problems). 

52 minutes ago, Fman said:

LOL.... that is pretty funny.  27 of them now, wow.... I never have said Malibu builds a perfect or flawless boat.  If you read any of my posts about my past or current Malibus they also include warranty claims I have submitted.  52 hours now on my current '17 LSV and I have had 3 claims to date.

care to discuss the claims?  little off topic I'm sure, but as coming in new to the BU scene, I'd like to know some of the problems that lie ahead. 

Just now, Raffit78 said:

care to discuss the claims?  little off topic I'm sure, but as coming in new to the BU scene, I'd like to know some of the problems that lie ahead. 

Sure....my Ubars in front walkway were not tightened down at the factory causing my front windshield to flex and touch while under heavy load.  It was a simple fix of completely tightening down the two lock nuts on each side of the walkway.  (they are located behind center walkway combing pads).  No issues now.

My floor made a creaking noise when walking on it.  The rubber gasket on the center walkway cover needed to be realigned.

Had a nut fall off backside upper pad in cabin area on port side that needed to be reinstalled.

I also just recently lost an Exile amp, my xm30 went down.  Started making a popping noise intermittently.  Brian and Bill at exile helped me diagnose and new amp should be arriving today.  Was able to rewire and use my other xm30 to keep the music rolling.

That's about it up to this point.  We run the boat with weight and use it for both surf and wakeboarding.  So far really enjoying the extra room in the lsv coming from a 22vlx.

• Like 2

ya those all seem like easy fixes. My buddy bought a G25 last season and his first trip, 1 hour into their day, his impeller crapped out.   These types of issues anyone can deal with. It's the larger ones that scare me.  When your dash goes out, Engine problems.     :)

Looking forward to purchasing an 18 this year and our family is stoked. Although I feel like I'm leaving the brand I' have grown up on (Tige).  I think this is a good move because our family is growing and the z3 will not accommodate our group. Also, I do love how the BU has all of the helm moved forward creating more room towards the back. This was our selling point. With newborns and infants that come out with us frequently, we need all the room we can get without dropping another 20k for a 25lsv. 

34 minutes ago, Chattwake said:

What's the point of poor mouthing a brand that most of us own on a forum dedicated to enthusiasts of that brand?

I made ONE comment about the M235 that was clearly in jest and the butt hurt gets handed out like popsicles on a hot summer day.

Are you guys really that thin skinned and sensitive?

There is already a forum where anything about any other brands or anti that brand is frowned upon and/or censored.  It's called Team Talk.

Lighten up.