Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 New Models/Updates

ahopkins22LSV

The fact  that might make me trade up is if the 23LSV gets a 17 inch prop. Any word on that? Even a bit more clearance to run a 16" would be nice!

Edited by Sailvi767
On 6/16/2017 at 1:38 PM, ahopkinsTXi said:

Yes, yes it is... :)

Capture.JPG

Looks like there are still some issues with the boat builder...    it put a tower on a Response.  ;)

Just now, LakeOneSkier said:

Looks like there are still some issues with the boat builder...    it put a tower on a Response.  ;)

A tower on a Response isn't exactly an issue; an Axis tower on a Malibu is a bit out of place though... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

15 hours ago, LakeOneSkier said:

My contacts said that you can order that tower on a Response. It looks similar to the Axis tower but there are differences.

So..... I've been covert like at my dealer.    From the intel I have gathered,  lol.  The ballast is just like the new 24mxz.  Has 17 inch prop with new tranny.   The hull has changed somewhat .   I think it's more like the new mxz hull but with traditional bow.   Only if you order one are you privy to the exact info.  But, my spywork could be all wrong. Ha ha

11 minutes ago, Capdoogie said:

So..... I've been covert like at my dealer.    From the intel I have gathered,  lol.  The ballast is just like the new 24mxz.  Has 17 inch prop with new tranny.   The hull has changed somewhat .   I think it's more like the new mxz hull but with traditional bow.   Only if you order one are you privy to the exact info.  But, my spywork could be all wrong. Ha ha

I think you're wrong about the 17" prop... call it a hunch. 

Wow so that boat tommys posted really was a 23LSV and they hid it. A lot of people here knew it didn't look like a pickle fork bow.

Edited by boardjnky4
4 hours ago, bamabonners said:

I don't care for the gel lines.  No flow to them...too choppy looking. 

They look like Axis lines to me.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, bamabonners said:

I don't care for the gel lines.  No flow to them...too choppy looking. 

Completely agree. The LSV lines have always been on point, this just looks bad. 

I was at the factory last year in March and saw the new 24 MXZ months before it was officially launched. We were under strict orders to keep our phones in our pockets. The tour guide was uncomfortable with is even looking in the general direction of that boat. I'm sure others have been to the factory and heard similar warnings. Also, from time to time some of us come into information or pics of new models from our dealers or factory contacts, always with the same stern warning.  I find it amusing that despite all these warnings to the general public, every year it's a dealer who ends up leaking the pics. 

• Like 1

If it can't run a bigger prop I won't be looking at a upgrade. I would consider it if you could at least run a 16 with the current tranny. It would be a shame  if they redid the running surface and did not increase the prop clearance.

4 minutes ago, IXFE said:

I was at the factory last year in March and saw the new 24 MXZ months before it was officially launched. We were under strict orders to keep our phones in our pockets. The tour guide was uncomfortable with is even looking in the general direction of that boat. I'm sure others have been to the factory and heard similar warnings. Also, from time to time some of us come into information or pics of new models from our dealers or factory contacts, always with the same stern warning.  I find it amusing that despite all these warnings to the general public, every year it's a dealer who ends up leaking the pics. 

I can agree, sitting on info and pics is tough, but I think it also adds a bit of suspense...which is fun.

However, that boat seems to be sitting on the showroom at a dealer, so I think it's pretty fair game to post and show.  If Malibu was concerned, I would think they would do a model release before they started shipping the boats.

4 minutes ago, Sailvi767 said:

If it can't run a bigger prop I won't be looking at a upgrade. I would consider it if you could at least run a 16 with the current tranny. It would be a shame  if they redid the running surface and did not increase the prop clearance.

Out of curiosity, what kind of positive performance attributes would you want to see with increased prop clearance?

Just now, NAW said:

I can agree, sitting on info and pics is tough, but I think it also adds a bit of suspense...which is fun.

However, that boat seems to be sitting on the showroom at a dealer, so I think it's pretty fair game to post and show.  If Malibu was concerned, I would think they would do a model release before they started shipping the boats.

Oh totally agree... boat appears to be on he showroom floor.  I just wasn't aware they'd started shipping yet; it's not even July yet!

Do you guys have a new 23 in stock?

2 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Oh totally agree... boat appears to be on he showroom floor.  I just wasn't aware they'd started shipping yet; it's not even July yet!

Do you guys have a new 23 in stock?

Nope...I don't think we'll see them until the end of July when mine shows up.