Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 New Models/Updates

ahopkins22LSV

8 hours ago, TexasA24 said:

Axis forum someone is "confirming"  A24 will gain 700lbs due to more freeboard, and a tiny bit of length (24'6"). Also included a statement of optional power wedge. Not my words. 

yeah I also heard new A24. Makes sense, the current hull has been out there since 2014. So 4 model years with no update.

29 minutes ago, pauley71 said:

Hadn't refreshed my desktop at home and these were still there ... (screen capture)

Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 8.48.57 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 8.49.11 AM.jpg

I wonder if all the boats are going with that "low budget" glove box now. When it came out on the 21vlx it was seen as a "budget option"

Finally a vinyl pattern that doesn't look like a patchwork quilt.

Edited by RobSMalibu
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

That is a sick looking boat. I think I like the new Gel lines. Will have to wait to judge that until in person though.

I agree, that boat looks awesome.  However, I don't see any major gel line changes. The swoosh is different, but otherwise it looks the same to me.  Am I missing something?  Slight differences around the tower, but pretty similar to the current LSV I think.  

2 hours ago, dbsurf said:

heard there is a larger in floor ballast....along with higher free board.....can anyone confirm?

I don't think anyone is asking for less ballast or less freeboard....sooooo.  ;-) 

ahopkins22LSV
16 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

I agree, that boat looks awesome.  However, I don't see any major gel line changes. The swoosh is different, but otherwise it looks the same to me.  Am I missing something?  Slight differences around the tower, but pretty similar to the current LSV I think.  

Four panels of color above the rub rail instead of three, the accent around the Malibu logo plus the swoosh is changed as you mention. Not huge changes I agree. But it's different enough while seeming to keep the same classic look.

I am going to be biased since I own a 2017 23lsv, but I like the cabin, bow and seating of my current boat better than the 2018. I am not a big fan of the squared pattern of seating. I sat in a 2017 mxz and the corners are not rounded and a bit uncomfortable. If the changes to the 23 in 2018 are only cosmetic inside and out, I won't be disappointed. But if they change the hull for a better wave and wake, then I might wish I had waited.

Edited by bbattiste247
ahopkins22LSV
38 minutes ago, bbattiste247 said:

I am going to be biased since I own a 2017 23lsv, but I like the cabin, bow and seating of my current boat better than the 2018. I am not a big fan of the squared pattern of seating. I sat in a 2017 mxz and the corners are not rounded and a bit uncomfortable. If the changes to the 23 in 2018 are only cosmetic inside and out, I won't be disappointed. But if they change the hull for a better wave and wake, then I might wish I had waited.

How can you tell what the seats are like from a rendering? Or have you been in a 2018 already?

5 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

How can you tell what the seats are like from a rendering? Or have you been in a 2018 already?

He can't...he's fighting the onslaught of buyer's remorse that's ahead of him when the first pic of a 2018 hits the web ;)

Source: His own words -- "I am going to be biased since I own a 2017 23lsv"

• Like 3

From the rendering it looks like tgey squared the back sections.  This may help with the split seams in the corner cushions, as these are now long cushions rather than corner inserts.  They likely did this to accomodate the rear bench.  I agree with @bbattiste247 that rounded is better. 

34 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

If you know the product, you would notice that the seats in the rendering are very similar to the 2017 mxz. 

ahopkins22LSV
30 minutes ago, bbattiste247 said:

If you know the product, you would notice that the seats in the rendering are very similar to the 2017 mxz. 

I'm just somewhat familiar...

• Like 2

Anyone know why they don't do the recessed panels in the bow anymore? I noticed it on the 17 mxz. Looks like the speaker is flush with the seat?

4 hours ago, bbattiste247 said:

Glad I am not the only one... my build might just be the last '17 off the line.  Spray date was 6/12.   Excited to see what the '18 offers, but I felt it best to move on the '17 and get a great deal.  I am bias as well, I like the looks of the 17 much more than the new one.  It was hinted that most of the changes we going to be cosmetic.  That said, as we start seeing the new models in person I am sure they are going to be pretty dialed.

The 2018 23 lsv is all new ! Big like the 25 lsv , new hull , huge ballast like the new mxz's ,new gel lines, huge wakes and waves !  They nailed this one ! Kept it classic , made it bigger and added huge ballast tanks with a new hull ! 

Also the A24 is new 

26 minutes ago, malibu.c.c said:

The 2018 23 lsv is all new ! Big like the 25 lsv , new hull , huge ballast like the new mxz's ,new gel lines, huge wakes and waves !  They nailed this one ! Kept it classic , made it bigger and added huge ballast tanks with a new hull ! 

Also the A24 is new 

Sold IMCLSD 

10 hours ago, malibu.c.c said:

Also the A24 is new 

This nugget gets dropped and then nothing more for 10 hours?!?  Come Crew, where's the info?    If all the above is true, I'm a fan.  

ahopkins22LSV
12 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

This nugget gets dropped and then nothing more for 10 hours?!?  Come Crew, where's the info?    If all the above is true, I'm a fan.  

All new hull I'm skeptical of. The current wetted hull is damn near perfect. Maybe some tweaks. More free board and ballast I 100% believe. 

New A24 I 100% believe too. I can also see an update to another axis that is of similar age of the a24