Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Pre-Maiden Questions

JeffC

formulaben

WOW, I like it!  Love the categorical breakdown...but then again I'm a checklist nerd ;)

Only items I would add are:

• Under ballast check (fill, drain) make sure you test run with ballast while full and hold at full for a period of time for leak check
  • Not sure if covered under "dash operations" but I would also test speed/cruise control in each regime (empty, full, surf, wake, etc.)
  • Leak check (bilge) after on water after test runs and ballast full
  • Check night mode for the dash 
  • Stow/extend both tower and bimini (and table if optioned)
  • Install cover and check for fitness
  • Under lights check, add NAV/ANCHOR lights
  • Verify trailer brakes reverse lockout solenoid operable (if applicable)
  • Turn battery switch to OFF and verify dash/all appropriate switches are INOP
  • Check axles for excessive heat buildup after driving
  • Trailer inspection after boat launch
  • Re-check trailer lights operational after trailer has been dunked
  • Check backup start/ignition key procedure (non-touchscreen engine start)
  • Like 2

Good stuff, thanks!   Im a bit of a checklist nerd too, but it happens when your profession is project manager.   Or is it that I forget a lot of stuff at my age.    I forget.   Maybe it is both.

I just know that on delivery and water test day I will be buzzing like a four year old on Christmas morning.    In fact, it has already started.   I think I need to take a medicinal pint of Melvin IPA (on my kegerator at the moment).   Medicinal purposes only of course.

Your list items are going into mine presently... Thank you! 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, JeffC said:

That's nice! I had one of those to.  I didn't have any discipline at all on delivery day to use it though.  It felt like waking up to Santa's gifts Christmas morning.  Maybe a week later I actually hit the checklist.

formulaben
5 hours ago, JeffC said:

Good stuff, thanks!   Im a bit of a checklist nerd too, but it happens when your profession is project manager.   Or is it that I forget a lot of stuff at my age.    I forget.   Maybe it is both.

I just know that on delivery and water test day I will be buzzing like a four year old on Christmas morning.    In fact, it has already started.   I think I need to take a medicinal pint of Melvin IPA (on my kegerator at the moment).   Medicinal purposes only of course.

Your list items are going into mine presently... Thank you! 

Yup!  Combination of me being used to it, I forget, and lastly once the shiny new thing is there I lose my train of though...checklist is a must for me.  Congrats, I'm jealous of both the kegerator and the new toy!

Based on all the input I heard here, and in my other thread, I decided to spring for rear bags out of the gate.   It's only money right? :whistle:

I have priced out the wakemakers, and have the dealer quoting me best offer for them to add when I take delivery tomorrow.  His suggestion was the 550s, based on the idea that the 700s would need some additional weight in the bow - either bodies, or another sack.   Im thinking out of the gate, I dont really want to mess with additional bow weight, at least not YET.   He DID suggest that as we are learning to surf that we try building a progressively bigger wave rather than maxing it out on the first set.   Interesting, I dont know what the right answer really is, but it sure will be fun figuring it out. 

Since we are picking it up tomorrow, its time to go through my checklist one more time, and stage all my gear ready to load/rig.   I will only have a few hours tomorrow to work on it, and then Im hoping to have it on the lake Sunday (weather permitting). 

My Collinite has not arrived yet... so looks like the first wax will have to be next weekend.   Oh well. 

I would get the bigger bags.  I went with the 550s and will probably upgrade to the 700s this year.  @minnmarker is right, you don't have to fill the 700s all the way but you will have that option!  Do it once, do it right!  

• Like 2
On 4/25/2017 at 8:49 AM, Chattwake said:

invest in some nice big fenders.  The ones where the rope goes through the inside, not the ones where the rope ties to one of the ends.  You can tie the ones I'm talking about higher up on the cleats.  Also get the ones that are like volleyball sized or bigger.  The ones I have are like the size of a women's basketball in diameter.   Yes, they take up a lot of room, but its much much better to deal with storing them than gel damage from a dock or from tying up to another boat.

Hey man, I was searching back through post about fenders and found this.  I'm picking up my new boat next week and need a new set.  I am looking for exactly what you recommended.  Where did you get yours?  

Edited by KentC

What about Fire Extinguishers and mounting locations? Our local dealer threw one in when we picked up the boat but not really sure where it should be mounted.

formulaben
4 hours ago, thagen said:

What about Fire Extinguishers and mounting locations? Our local dealer threw one in when we picked up the boat but not really sure where it should be mounted.

My 2 cents: you should have 2, but either way it should be easily accessible and NOT in the same compartment as the batteries, should one go rogue...