Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 first day on the water

spikew919

19 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

:plus1:

Maybe strike up a conversation. Or is there time limits on those too? I really can't believe the discussions that happen recently on here. 

I find the fill time on my fuel tank to be completely unacceptable too. Why in the world didn't Malibu think of a secondary pump that creates a massive siphon on the station pump over riding it to fill five times as fast! Then I would probably have to complain about the overflow though. Ah, new thread, complaints about robust overflow catch thingy here we come!!! :frantic:

Hopkins has time to wait for ballast to fill ......But if @bamaboy needs his boat wiped down there is no time for that. 

Edited by Chrisjjbrown
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

For paid members... 

I see, thanks.  Is the discount anywhere near the cost to be a paid member?  I would apply that money to the forum if the remaining balance is  reasonable.  

11 minutes ago, Lees23 said:

I see, thanks.  Is the discount anywhere near the cost to be a paid member?  I would apply that money to the forum if the remaining balance is  reasonable.  

Between domed numbers, wake makers, speaker sox, etc. you'll recoup your costs outfitting that new boat ya got :)

• Like 3
32 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

Eh, I don't think you fully see it from an outside perspective. You never mentioned major issues with your boats on the forums in any kind of detail that I recall, other than talking about how important a good dealer is for warranty issues. Then, after you make the switch to another brand, start airing all the problems you had publicly and use them to steer people away from Malibu on a Malibu forum. Mind you much of this was before you had any hours on your 257. It has nothing to do with drinking cool aid. When asked why you jumped ship, a simple, "the surf wave on the 257 was just too hard to walk away from." Would have sufficed, instead of, Malibu tried to deny my warranty claim after running heavy ballast, my first boat was a lemon, etc, etc. so is it fair to ask what issues you are having with your 257 or do we need to wait to hear those until you move to a nautique in a year? 

Here is an example, before abandoning ship.   

Very fair question.   So far so good,  initial quality is very good.   There are certain things BU did better,  little things like water proof glove box for wallet and truck key, etc   Biggest complaint is software,  it works,  but is not smooth as it should be.    

1 hour ago, Pnwrider said:

Eh, I don't think you fully see it from an outside perspective. You never mentioned major issues with your boats on the forums in any kind of detail that I recall, other than talking about how important a good dealer is for warranty issues. Then, after you make the switch to another brand, start airing all the problems you had publicly and use them to steer people away from Malibu on a Malibu forum. Mind you much of this was before you had any hours on your 257. It has nothing to do with drinking cool aid. When asked why you jumped ship, a simple, "the surf wave on the 257 was just too hard to walk away from." Would have sufficed, instead of, Malibu tried to deny my warranty claim after running heavy ballast, my first boat was a lemon, etc, etc. so is it fair to ask what issues you are having with your 257 or do we need to wait to hear those until you move to a nautique in a year? 

To be fair darkside started talking about his problems with his Malibu while he still owned it, to the point I was actually amazed how much he posted about how many problems he had with it while his dealer was trying to sell if for him before he had even ordered a new boat. The last thing I would be doing if I was trying to sell my boat or was gonna trade it in would be tell everyone how many problems I had with it. Could you imagine if the poor guy that bought it reads all the threads. 

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Can't you all just learn to ski?

I tell ya. My Senate C has been horribly neglected. I'll trade surf pulls for water ski pulls any day. I love being on my ski, but seems like nobody around here has any interest in waking up early for some 6am pulls anymore. I love early mornings. I like them even more when they're on the water.

44 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

Here is an example, before abandoning ship.   

Very fair question.   So far so good,  initial quality is very good.   There are certain things BU did better,  little things like water proof glove box for wallet and truck key, etc   Biggest complaint is software,  it works,  but is not smooth as it should be.    

So we all know that many of us have had problems with our Malibu boats. BUT many of us love our Malibu's and wouldn't change. At least, I won't. I have had three Malibu's, with my most recent purchases being a 2016 and 2017 23 LSV. Although I have had many initial problems with them, I love my boat and don't have any plans of jumping ship.

• Like 3