Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 first day on the water

spikew919

16 minutes ago, 85 Barefoot said:

From fill times, to build quality, to materials in bilge, to surf wakes, to your smoking deal on your Ri, is that sufficient? That's just off the top of my head.  

In this thread you pinned Ramfill coming up on me, and I just retorted, honestly, regarding your decision to forego your "unacceptable" plug and play. So who really brought it up?   Me?  Or you?   

Enjoy your Ramfill.  Seriously.  I hope you enjoy it.  

These are all the things I've posted about that was wrong  or what I was unhappy about with my Malibu and while I still owned it I will add. But nice try. Not one of these things says why I Switched to an RI. Go back and read this thread I never brought up ramfill until you said enjoy you're ramfill. Got anything else you'd like to make up?

34 minutes ago, 85 Barefoot said:

From fill times, to build quality, to materials in bilge, to surf wakes, to your smoking deal on your Ri, is that sufficient? That's just off the top of my head.  

In this thread you pinned Ramfill coming up on me, and I just retorted, honestly, regarding your decision to forego your "unacceptable" plug and play. So who really brought it up?   Me?  Or you?   

Enjoy your Ramfill.  Seriously.  I hope you enjoy it.  

Pretty sure the above topics in Bold letters were me. Not sure if that still means you're upset by those topics of discussion. I've tried to be tasteful in anything I've posted on this forum that may not necessarily work to Malibu's benefit. By that I mean I don't think I've ever made comments against Malibu that weren't based off factual information or first hand experience. In my case I was juggling between 3 different brands (one obviously being Malibu).  Had I went with Malibu and made the same comments about the other manufacturers, your responses likely would've turned a complete 180. I do feel that anytime somebody posts a negative experience with Malibu, you'll be right there defending Malibu at all costs. Whether that person is in the right or the wrong. I'm not honestly sure I can say it's a bad thing though. You've obviously had a great experience with Malibu and that sir is excellent. That's exactly what you want when you spend that kind of money on a boat. You're loyalty is easily justified. And to say that people who come on this forum only to post negativity towards Malibu is out of line, I agree.....100%. You really do come across as though you take it personal when people jump ship, or are unhappy with their Malibu. Whether they have good reason to be or not. Lifes too short. I generally agree with a lot of your posts so don't take this the wrong way. I'm sure if I went back there are a lot of posts you've made that have changed the way our family enjoys our boating experience (for the better).  

With that said, I dropped off my MXZ at the dealer today and as I drove away I couldn't help but think "damn, that is one hell of a nice looking boat"........ there really is something about the look of the Malibu's that stands out from the rest of the crowd." And FWIW, my 22MXZ had the 1st Gen PnP setup. I have the most impatient family, and I can't say the fill/drain times were ever an issue. Yah they definitely weren't the greatest, but the system was 100% problem free for me. The biggest downside for me was venting. But $20 and 30 minutes of basic mechanics takes care of that.

Ride what you like gents. We all choose the boats we do for our own reasons. I'll never knock anybody for that. Use what works for you, not somebody else. And above all, HAVE FUN ON THE WATER!

Edited by MaliWop
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, Suggy said:

However, I am too new to know who people are and who the "potstirrers" are.

Look no further....  

I stopped drinking the kool aid, that doesn't mean I don't think they are a great boat for most people.   However because I stopped mainlining the kool aid,  I acknowledge there is room for improvement.  That is where the issue arises.    

See a couple years ago it was odd to see a thread about new boats having issues.    Now there are a lot of the threads referencing issues and flaws.  That combined with several recent defections has some of the faithful VERY sensitive.  Especially when ALL of the defections are to one specific boat.

The sad thing is the person who posts looking for help often gets ridiculed or thier problems blamed on misuse,  driver error, etc.  

Just look how many told you faster fill is unneeded, or pointless, rather than offering suggestions to get what you were wanting.  

Edited by DarkSide
  • Like 3

Lol. I literally just had to go back to Pg1 to remind myself what this post was originally about.

@spikew919 - How's that M working out for you now? I demand more pics of that beast....pronto.....

• Like 3
6 hours ago, MaliWop said:

Lol. I literally just had to go back to Pg1 to remind myself what this post was originally about.

@spikew919 - How's that M working out for you now? I demand more pics of that beast....pronto.....

Boat ran great, there will be more pics for sure. Just added my domed registration letters and they turned out pretty dang nice.   

On another note, i have never noticed on my other boats, but I can slide my fingers between boat hull and two of the bunks in middle of trailer. Only area touching is front of bunk and only about half the board width due to angle of bunk doesn't match hull's angle. Noticed due to scratches along hull. 

Im not complaining about scratches everyone don't go crazy. Just curious what I should do about bunks or not worry about it?? 

9 hours ago, DarkSide said:

I have tried to keep this topic VERY Malibu centric for the reason it is a Malibu site.  I made one reference to 85 as a response to HIS STATEMENT, followed by an immediate return to the topic, in the same post   

I also suggested things that have been done and lauded by other members.   Such as using dedicated reversibles for his PNP.  A certain prominent member did that to his 2014 or 2015 23LSV.  It seemed like a great idea then,  and is still a great idea now.  

I also made references to solutions I did in my 2015 MALIBU, to solve this exact problem.   I also realize Malibu is using some fantastic pumps in the M235 for center tanks,  is it ludicrous to suggest these same pumps be used in other boats and other locations, to get fill/ drain times down.    

I am sorry these suggestions are offensive to some, or that they read more into them than intended.   To those I offended my appologies....

Have to agree with this statement.

The room required to add those monsters would have to be made somewhere. Only area I see would require making the hard tanks smaller.

No thanks.

I do have to say one thing though. After reading the last several pages that popped up......

1st world problems.....

Get out there and ride people.

:whistle:

ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, spikew919 said:

Boat ran great, there will be more pics for sure. Just added my domed registration letters and they turned out pretty dang nice.   

On another note, i have never noticed on my other boats, but I can slide my fingers between boat hull and two of the bunks in middle of trailer. Only area touching is front of bunk and only about half the board width due to angle of bunk doesn't match hull's angle. Noticed due to scratches along hull. 

Im not complaining about scratches everyone don't go crazy. Just curious what I should do about bunks or not worry about it?? 

Is the gap the entire length of the bunk? Or only in certain areas? I would imagine it is hard to get them to match perfectly especially on long bunks. Or maybe it would be easier on log bunks because it would have more flexibility to conform to the hull. :dontknow:

I'd be most concerned that the boat was fully supported over the axles and the rear for the engine. If there were some gaps towards the middle front I'm not sure I'd do anything about it. To be honest I'm not even sure how mine sits. 

2 hours ago, spikew919 said:

Isn't there two nuts on the bolt at the bottom to adjust?  If not, a shim?

16 minutes ago, 85 Barefoot said:

in a response to Maliwop, I specifically said if my uses were his I'd have done the SAME THING.  What I am sensitive about is people changing brands and still considering THIS FORUM an appropriate place to bloviate about their decision and rag on Malibu.  It may not be against the rules, but I personally find it lacking in  decorum and respect for the name of this site.

True story. And I agree.

2 hours ago, spikew919 said:

Are you referring to the two front v bunks? If so that is completely normal. Those two bunks are there to guide the boat on and up and above the bow roller. They are not load bearing. Boatmate has a video on you tube explaining this very thing. 

1 hour ago, 85 Barefoot said:

Isn't there two nuts on the bolt at the bottom to adjust?  If not, a shim?

Hole is slotted but would not do anything loosening and sliding. Shim between board and bracket, maybe but shim Gona have to be at least 1/2 maybe even an inch. Or a tapered shim. Will get pics later. I can literally put my hand between it on length of bunk except right up front toward tongue of trailer. 

Edited by spikew919
2 minutes ago, spikew919 said:

Hole is slotted but would not do anything loosening and sliding. Shim between board and bracket, maybe but shim Gona have to be at least 1/2 maybe even an inch. Or a tapered shim. Will get pregnant can later. I can literally put my hand between it on length of bunk except right up front toward tongue of trailer. 

Have you confirmed that the boat is on the trailer straight. Sometimes they look like they are but they aren't. That should be your first step.

4 minutes ago, MaliWop said:

Have you confirmed that the boat is on the trailer straight. Sometimes they look like they are but they aren't. That should be your first step.

Definitely straight 

This thread is doing a great job as a diaper.  It's keeping the crap out of the rest of the threads.  Now I know where to avoid when I come here.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, wheelman said:

https://youtu.be/N2xca1skDGo

herebis the link to the video I was referring to to. It's at the 4 minute mark where it talks about it. My 15 lsv had the same gap you are talking about if we are talking about the same bunks. 

This is exactly what I was talking about. Good video. Actually learned something today ????