Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Your Boat, Your Friends and their s***

ah2oguy

26 minutes ago, Falko said:

She brings a kid's sippy cup, it is appreciated. 

I love those that know the rules, respect them, and feel free to have a good time while in accordance with them.  

4 hours ago, RedOwl said:

verre-vin-emporter.jpg

Don't ask me how I know, but don't wash these types of glasses in the dishwasher.  If you do, after that they will leak...

• Like 2
On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:29 AM, Michigan boarder said:

See, I'd rather they not handle the rope.  They likely will roll it up wrong so that it knots up and does not have a hanger to it, or they try to bring it in while I've started a strategic turn that will put it right to the rider and they are going to mess that up, or they are simply unaware of the spinning prop and what it will do to human tissue if the prop grabs the rope and the tissue is in the way.  Boards - yes, grab em. 

clarifying the rope thing here ... when the rider is done with the set - pull it in ... and during surf sessions - if the rider throws the rope into the boat it's not coming out by itself - no matter how many turns I make around the guy in the water ;-)

and one more thing - not a rule but nice if people not just watch ... if one of the dogs move - one of the humans may need to counteract ... the wake may otherwise wash out ...

Just fyi for those of you worried about your boats...

In over 20 years of boating, including 2 news malibu boats...  I have never had a permanent stain due to food or drink.  This includes: red wine, chocolate, jello shots, etc.

We live on a lake, and we use the boat 3-4 times a week.  It stays pretty wet, so snacks that fall behind a cushion will rot/mold and it is gross to clean up.  However, it has always cleans up.

The only thing that has caused a permanent stain is a new swimsuit.  Some dork in a brand new, red swimsuit stained the observers seat of my Response.  That stain held true for 8 years of sun, kids, etc. rubbing on it.  

My rules are: no new swim suits; butts must be touching the seat in the bow any time the engine is on; hands in when we dock-I don't need help; kids wear lifevest 100% of the time.

My rule is simple, make a mess, clean it up. Seat cleaner and rags are in the batt compartment. Eat off the swim deck only, but kids are kids, and rarely follow that one unless instructed to. All of the parents do a great job of being respectful tho. They know it's an expensive boat, and a luxury I don't have to share with anyone, so it all works well.

I don't understand the no spray sun block. If it gets on something, wipe it off, no biggy. A couple of us do smoke on occasion, so I don't care about that. You have to be a real jack tard to burn something.

Edited by Cmb396
Just now, Cmb396 said:

My rule is simple, make a mess, clean it up. Seat cleaner and rags are in the batt compartment. Eat off the swim deck only, but kids are kids, and rarely follow that one unless instructed to. All of the parents do a great job of being respectful tho. They know it's an expensive boat, and a luxury I don't have to share with anyone, so it all works well.

I don't understand the no spray sun block. If it gets on something, wipe it off, no biggy. A couple of us do smoke on occasion, so I don't care about that. You have to be a real jack tard to burn something.

The issue with the spray sunblock is that you can't see what it gets all over - it is a mist that flies everywhere.

The smokes thing in my case is I don't want to be breathing it, same deal for the truck and the house - although it doesn't really come up smoking is a really uncommon thing in the groups we hang out with.

10 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

The issue with the spray sunblock is that you can't see what it gets all over - it is a mist that flies everywhere.

The smokes thing in my case is I don't want to be breathing it, same deal for the truck and the house - although it doesn't really come up smoking is a really uncommon thing in the groups we hang out with.

I get ya, guess I never really thought of any over spray issues, everything gets wiped down at the end of the day anyway. It has gotten on the windshield, but I have some handy windex wipes that takes care of that problem.

We only have one "smoker" in our group, but he has his own boat. My buddy and I are social smokers, and if we smoke, it's not a lot, done more so back at the river lot around a campfire.

Just to stir the pot a bit more:

My father, a brother, a friend and myself are all occasional cigar smokers (6-12 per year). Usually I will smoke on the golf course, but occasionally the boat seems like a good place for it. We are all careful and have never had issues with burns, ash or smell. (I've never smoked a cigarette in my life and don't know what the difference would be).

23 hours ago, CedarLakeSkier said:

Don't ask me how I know, but don't wash these types of glasses in the dishwasher.  If you do, after that they will leak...

No affiliation with the company - but Tervis has a limited-lifetime guarantee on all their stuff and I've never had a problem getting them to honor it. Just something to consider if anyone is in the market.