Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Three Row Seating Tow Vehicle / Durango

jjackkrash

Just now, KentC said:

I thought boats were expensive until I started looking at these full sized SUV's.  It's freaking crazy!

It is crazy how expensive they are, especially considering I just bought a loaded '16 HD 2500 GMC Denali with a Duramax for less than what a lot of these SUVs are going for used.  

Just now, jjackkrash said:

It is crazy how expensive they are, especially considering I just bought a loaded '16 HD 2500 GMC Denali with a Duramax for less than what a lot of these SUVs are going for used.  

Yea me too.  I bought my 16 Superduty as a leftover when the new 17s came out.  I got a crazy deal on it.  I can see paying a bit more for a HD Diesel truck, but it's way harder to drop that kind of coin on a SUV with a gas motor!  

We're also preparing to replace my wife's Acadia as her lease is about to end.  We want to get something a little bigger and with the capability to tow the boat and our snowmobile trailer so were not always required to take my truck when we go up north or need to tow.   Luckily I work for GM and occasionally have the opportunity to bring home vehicles.  So i did a little testing with the Yukon/XL/Tahoe/Suburban.   Everything but the Denali has the 5.3 V8 and 6-spd trans and there is the option to get the 3.08 or 3.42 gears (3.42 only comes with Max Towing or Z71 packages)   My boat/trailer are pretty heavy but I would strongly recommend getting the 3.42 gears.   I tested both options and the 3.08 gear-set with the 5.3 engine struggled pulling my 24MXZ.  My truck is a Sierra Denali with the 6.2L, 8-spd, and 3.23 gears (Same as Denali FS SUVs) and it pulls the boat Awesome, the 5.3L 6-spd Yukon with 3.42 gears pulled it just OK IMHO...  

20170215_193933.jpg

20160717_185055b.jpg

• Like 3

I have been reading a bit about the all new '17 Q7's, they sound like a home run from all accounts.  They are just so expensive right now, even the few used ones that are available.  

On the Chevy's, I like them and all, and I know they are solid, but I feel like I want some variety.  If I jump out of my truck I don't really want to jump back into essentially the same cabin.   

Has anyone checked out the new Range Rover discovery? From the pictures they look like a beautiful SUV and the discovery is a little bit bigger than the sport. One of the best features they can tow 8200 pounds. 

We love our new 4Runner so far, although if you want a third row and storage behind it's useless.

I just bought a leftover 16 Sequioa last month and got a great deal.  I had to drive 4 hrs to get it but it was worth it. Upgraded from the 14 4Runner for size and towing cap.  I absolutely love it and I loved the 4Runner. The 5.7 is strong, its quick and surprisingly nimble for its size.  I was so close to buying a 16 Suburban but the Sequioa was much better to drive.  I got the SR5 with the premium leather package.  The interior is a tad dated IMO and it's not a good looking as the Burb/Tahoe/Yukon but overall quality and resale value is what made me pull the trigger. I was concerned with the gas miliage initially but I got 20 mpg the whole way back when I bought it and my wife is averaging 16/17 in town.  That's what I was getting with the 4Runner. All in all I wish Toyota would upgrade the styling but I have no regrets and plan on keeping for a long time. I think you should at least drive a new one with the 5.7...versus your current one. Just my 2 cents.  

Edited by Cazan