Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

1987 Sunsetter Resurrection

martinarcher

Awesome.  Thanks for the feedback.  I appreciate it.  Sometime this season I need to fully disassemble mine and have it powder coated, then put it all back together tight.  The frame is starting to show it's age.  

Thanks again!

• 4 weeks later...

Wow! I forgot to subscribe to this thread. Great work @87Warrior! Regarding the windshield. I just pulled mine apart and powder coated. I had the same gap issues you noticed with yours. I figured it's just the hull settling. Though you have 15 yrs on my boat lol. Keep it up. Love the build threads!

my 1989 Sunsetter.  I bought it in the spring of 2007 from Skiers Pier in Michigan.  Wetsanded it and went through it pretty good (mechanically). 

was a great boat.  put 400 hours on it in (3) seasons & Sold it for more than I paid.  I ran it summer of '07, '08 & '09.

Ran awesome, miss that boat.   Not sure why wife looks pissed in this photo!  HA! 

port_lakeupsilon.jpg

• Like 4
  • 3 years later...

It has been a few years since I've updated this thread. As a thanks to the Malibu Crew for the help getting this old girl back on the water, I went ahead and became a supporting member of the site. The information I have learned here has been invaluable. Thanks! 

In 2019 the season was a bust here in Kansas. Early in the spring we started to receive the insane snow melt from Nebraska then it rained for a month, filling our reservoirs to the brim and didn't go down until December, so the Sunsetter stayed winterized all year long :cry: The 2020 season has been slow to start due to the various worldwide situations and family 'stuff', but I am adamant to get back on the water.

Had planned to de-winterize it and get on the water this past weekend, but the wind started howling Friday and hasn't let up. I prefer to not beat it up in chop, so I just fired it up in the driveway, clean it up and went for a fresh tank of ethanol free fuel. I am soooooooo ready! 

Here it is getting tucked back into the garage until the wind dies down:

image.thumb.png.3b6c1c1dcabfa76bd8e5455d793d2510.png

Edited by 87Warrior
  • Like 3