Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

T22 space behind subwoofer panel

NMG1973

Well the job got more difficult when I tried to fit the box attached the the board back in the boat. Where the V of the boat starts under the dash gets in the way of the box. If you wanted to make a new board to move the box over you wouldn't have an issue, but the sub would be off center in the board. I had to basically cut that bottom right (looking at the sub board) corner of the box off to get it to fit. I basically did a poor patch job to seal it for now because I just don't have the time to make it 100% right. I plan on pulling it out when I go to put the boat up for the winter and making it right. I am about 50/50 right now on wether it was actually worth it at all.......guess we'll see how it sounds hopefully soon.

I got it all reinstalled last night and it turned out pretty good. I got the box sealed up well before I put it back in and got it to fit almost exactly like the factory set up.....tiny gap where it meets the right side panel, but you would have to look close. It already sounds better, but the amps need tweaked quite a bit so hopefully get to that soon. It was a lot more of a job than I figured, but if you're mechanically inclined and take some time it can definitely be done, but quite a bit of modification. I have some more pics in my photo bucket link.

http://s61.photobucket.com/user/nmg1973/library/?view=recent&page=1