Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tige innovation

hethj7

Except now they

6 minutes ago, Cole2001 said:

@CJAY Why rush into being the first at something when you can wait for the competition to figure out the flaws? 

For example, surfgate. It wasn't until 3 years later tige had a surf device. But meanwhile tige is perfecting there listed wave with the AVX, making it one of the best out there. You will not find a boat that surfs as good as a Z3 with AVX while getting that good of fuel economy. 

Think of it this way, would you rather have the latest and greatest but yet un proven peice of equipment? Or something reliable that gets the job done just as good? We can relate this to many other things available right now, Toyota tundras, iPhones, many many things... And ussally the costumers of these brands are bery brand loyal.   Just like tige owners. 

Except now tige is using a surf system, and it happens to be basically mastercrafts Gen1 system.  Listing boats is a PITA and yes the Z3 surf wave listed is great, but while they were sticking with that other brands were tailoring their hulls to their surf systems and now many of them compete with a listed Z3.  In fact the G23 we were in yesterday was better than the Z3 listed wakes I've seen. 

The problem isn't the brand loyal customers, the issue is getting other customers to switch to your brand, ecspecially for tige since they hold such a small market share.  They need to start really competing with these other brands.  They aren't just innovating, they taking those innovations and changing the whole wakeboard/wakesurf scene.  Tige isn't doing that at all.   How do you not have 17" props on your only wakeboard specific boat when you're trying to compete with the G23s of the world? If you're going to copy the style of the boat, at least copy the tech that makes that boat so great for it's weight and size too.

Even brand loyal customers can get on other boats and see that they've really outpaced tige, this same guy was even talking about looking at other brands for his next boat.

Edited by CJAY

Every boat brand has strengths and weaknesses, you just have to find the balance that is right for you personally, in the activities you do.   I personally couldn't care less about wakeboard wake, or slalom wake, as those are activities that we rarely do.  We are very surf centric, so that is where we looked.

Tige makes a legit surf boat, and for surf style riders, they can create one of the steepest waves out there.    The G23 is a great boat, and provides a great wakeboard wake and surf wave.  However to me it is not the holy grail of boats.    I also don't feel other brands are chasing the G, I think they are looking for a G competitor in thier offerings, but it is not the sole focus.  The M is Malibu's answer to the G, but they did not ignore the rest of the product line to "chase" the G.  They came up with a legit Alternative, and added it to the line.  

I don't really think of tige as an innovator, no where near the scale of Malibu.  However tige is a fraction of the size of Malibu.  I also don't consider Nautique an innovator, yes they started the big, bulky boats with super sized ballast in the G series, but they have been in copy cat mode ever since.  If you want to see the 2018 G23 features look at the 2017 Malibu.   Here is the caveat though,  as Nautique copies,  they refine it a bit.   The panorama display, is a blatant knock off of command center,  it's also a touch more refined.   Integrating the sport knob simultaneously.  

I also suspect Malibu innovation to slow a bit beiefly as they focus on bringing engines in house, etc.  

The innovators right now are Malibu, Centurion and the I/O crowd,  as they try to break into the surf boat market.

Just my $.02....

• Like 2