Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Portable dock?

kwebster1

Just giving my experience Bill.

I wouldn't expect a wooden frame to get a twist and I understand that a 12 foot paddleboard is solid, but at 25 foot long with a 10 foot T across the end and 4 people not quite apples for apples.

On ‎1‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 11:30 PM, NCVride said:

@AussieSkier Very cool idea.  My only question is how is the stability when walking in it.  I can barely stand on a tube in the water when it's not being towed.  

You would be surprised....how stable they are....

• Like 1

I can't find a link or know if it is still manufactured but we use something perfect for the job.  It's basically a carpet covered aluminum folding table with about 6" legs.  The table folds in a v shape to conform to the hull and the legs hold it in place on the shoreline.  We then tie off both sides from the rear cleats to anchors or trees on the shore and the boat snugs up against the carpeted side of the "table".  It is sturdy, well made, and portable.  Dimensions closed are about 14" x 20" and opens to about 28" x 20" give or take.  I had purchased from Overton's I believe about 10-12 years ago.  I would think it's still out there but did not see it in my searches...

• 2 weeks later...