Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 23 LSV

WakeSwagger

Storage is great, to a certain extent.   I personally don't like super deep storage.   There needs to be a balance.   Too deep, and it is a PITA to get something of the bottom, too shallow and it is useless.   I thought the depth in the 15-17 lsv was very good, kind of that sweet spot.   

I may be in the minority, primarily because we day trip, we just don't need much space.   So i would rather not have every compartment 2 feet deep. 

1 minute ago, TexasA24 said:

Deep storage to put boards in there instead getting damaged or dinged in racks

Except I find that has the opposite effect....... boards banging against other boards and the compartment boarders every time you take one out or put one in..... and on rough waters. 

i put my cheap boards in the back of the G. Nice boards go on the racks. Soulcrafts go in the bimini sleeves.

Not hating at all, actually commented how they had it virtually perfect.  I have no idea how deep it actually is.  Just commenting there is a balance, hopefully they went deep, but not too deep. 

22 minutes ago, TenTwentyOne said:

Except I find that has the opposite effect....... boards banging against other boards and the compartment boarders every time you take one out or put one in..... and on rough waters. 

i put my cheap boards in the back of the G. Nice boards go on the racks. Soulcrafts go in the bimini sleeves.

I have socks for mine

26 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Que the Haters...

Does that mean I'm also hating on my own boat?? I mean....... I used an example on my own boat of why I'm not in love with the feature...

9 minutes ago, TenTwentyOne said:

Does that mean I'm also hating on my own boat?? I mean....... I used an example on my own boat of why I'm not in love with the feature...

Not callying anyone out. If the shoe fits, wear it. Just a prediction of what is coming in the next few pages of this thread.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

Not callying anyone out. If the shoe fits, wear it. Just a prediction of what is coming in the next few pages of this thread.

If the haters don’t show up, Malibu should wonder what went wrong – envy is at the root of it all!

Well I have to admit I like it.   I was ready to be negative.   Can't wait to demo one.   Wish they would of put a walk thru in.  And controllable gates.  Definitely  on my short 2018 boat purchase list with the ri237.   But for now it's all about quick fill and surf wave for me.   tired of schlepping xtra pumps overboard to fill bow sacs etc. maybe new hull doesn't need a lot of bow weight?

Just now, Capdoogie said:

maybe new hull doesn't need a lot of bow weight?

please!  Thats my only complaint with my '16.  I'm a bigger guy and bow weight and fully loaded PNP is where its at.

Is the running surface of the hull any different  or did they just add more freeboard?

Edited by wheelman