Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 23 LSV

WakeSwagger

1 hour ago, bamabonners said:

Good job on the ski, but no beginner or intermediate skier is going to slalom with that wake....Not recreational and definitely not in a course.  They simply won't have the technique for it.  Let's just admit that this is not a ski boat... not knocking the boat at all.  It's just not what it was designed to do.

Indeed it's not a ski boat, or even a crossover...

Only Mastercraft and Nautique claim you can ski behind a 5000 lb. boat.  Malibu has made no such claim.

Edited by IXFE
  • Like 3
On 7/30/2017 at 0:01 PM, NAW said:

Here's the wake hull, skiing at 30 MPH with 3 people on the boat.  Wedge in stow, no ballast or lead.

You're not going to be blazing a course, but for open water, recreational skiing for fun, it was just fine according to the skier.

haha so I finally got a slalom ski myself.  I have never ever ever slalomed before, so I'm a total newb in that regard.... but I'm semi (for a dad) athletic and I ride an alpine snowboard, which probably has the mos similar stance of anything short of a sqwal.  Got up on the second try!  

Skied behind our T22 @28 (my first time remember) and the wake was friggin enormous.  No way would/could I cut into it hard.... it would've launched me to the flats.  Meant to try faster but it just didn't work out between timing and water conditions.  

It was really fun tho.  Wish I knew someone with a DD ski boat I could jones a pull from, because I could see that it'd be REAL fun to charge it.

Edited by shawndoggy
2 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

haha so I finally got a slalom ski myself.  I have never ever ever slalomed before, so I'm a total newb in that regard.... but I'm semi (for a dad) athletic and I ride an alpine snowboard, which probably has the mos similar stance of anything short of a sqwal.  Got up on the second try!  

Skied behind our T22 @28 (my first time remember) and the wake was friggin enormous.  No way would/could I cut into it hard.... it would've launched me to the flats.  Meant to try faster but it just didn't work out between timing and water conditions.  

It was really fun tho.  Wish I knew someone with a DD ski boat I could jones a pull from, because I could see that it'd be REAL fun to charge it.

Carving a snowboard/carving on a waterski--just as addicting and the search for perfection is never ending. 

I ski at 32 behind my little boat. Bonus is if you ski first you kind of get 'velocitized' so riding a wakeboard at ~20 makes everything seem softer and less dangerous... 

22 minutes ago, jk13 said:

Carving a snowboard/carving on a waterski--just as addicting and the search for perfection is never ending. 

I ski at 32 behind my little boat. Bonus is if you ski first you kind of get 'velocitized' so riding a wakeboard at ~20 makes everything seem softer and less dangerous... 

Guy I bought my boat from skies at 36.  I don't have the balls or skill to even try 36.  LOL  I bet its a rush!!!

8 hours ago, NAW said:

I only have about 5 hours out on mine, but with just factory pnp (540's) and 3 in the boat, I could surf left, 11mph, wedge click 4 and had no issue seeing over the bow...bow rise is minimal on the new 23.  I even drained half the bow tank to see what kind of bow rise I'd get.  Didn't change much.

I was hovering right around 3000 rpms with the 575.  The boat is legit.  

Do you by chance have any pictures of the rear lockers?

Thanks.

20 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

SD, when skiing behind a Vdrive recreationally, it is essential to use a rope length that put you in front of the rooster tail.  Wake is significantly less traumatic.  But you don't want too short as Vdrives get "troughy" in front of that.  I'd suggest you try at 28 off (usually roosters are the worst at 22 off, but when using a rear pylon you're aft another few feet so that has to be made up for in rope length).  When you find the sweet spot I'm not saying its tournament quality but will make it certainly crossable.  If you need other help, PM me.  Get a "real" slalom rope too.  you "want" some sponge in the rope, unlike for wakeboarding, and any length suggestions are easily made as WB ropes obviously don't have shorter take off loops like slalom ropes.  I'd alos suggest a "radius" handle that reduces elbow pressure a significant amount. 

1 hour ago, wbama387 said:

Do you by chance have any pictures of the rear lockers?

Thanks.

I don't, but can take some.  What would you like to see?

If you've seen the locker of the '17+ MXZ series, then you've seen these lockers.  Nearly identical.

Just now, NAW said:

I don't, but can take some.  What would you like to see?

If you've seen the locker of the '17+ MXZ series, then you've seen these lockers.  Nearly identical.

Just curious if the new L-shaped tanks are visible inside and the amount of extra storage. In the Malibu walk through video, it looks like you can see the top of a black tank which I am assuming is the new L-shaped tank.

That's correct.  You can see the black tanks, just like in the MXZ series.  I call it more of a ballast compartment than a storage compartment, but there's so much storage everywhere else in the boat that I don't keep anything back there accept jackets and ropes.  Plus, the warming tray is alot deeper to hold more of your soft goods.

I recently did a walk through of a 2017 23 lsv and I wasn't really impressed. It has more storage, but there is no way anyone could stand in the seat bins as we see in the ad. The new exterior styling is awesome, but the interior is flat. There is way too much fiberglass exposed throughout the cabin, especially in the helm and near the glove box. Also, the cabin area is very boxy and the seat foam is much harder. Don't expect anyone to sit in the rear seat because the stepdown disrupts anyone sitting comfortably in the middle.

• Like 1

Got a chance last night to climb aboard the new 23 LSV.  The color scheme combo was the new cherry and gun metal metallic with black.  Boat looked awsome with that color scheme.  Overall I loved the boat...the deeper storage was great, the batteries moved to bow freed up a lot of space under the observers seat.  Loved the pull out middle wake view seating and new design of the interior!  Still not sure about the soft grip pads stepping into the boat on the sun pad...definitely sturdy but maybe a bit awkward looking??  I'm also not sure about the lack of carpet on the seat  bases?  I love it and I hate it at the same time.  i loved the bow arm rests, but I am coming from a 22VLX so I realize it's nothing new for the 23 but for me it is!  One thing my daughter pointed out in the bow was that the cup holders are no longer inset under the gunwale padding.  They are almost in the way of your legs when stretched out.  Next step is to convince the wife that adding a foot is worth the upgrade!!

• Like 3
martinarcher
On 8/2/2017 at 1:10 PM, shawndoggy said:

Welcome to slalom Shawn!  Now you understand the struggle with some of us that own a DD and are hesitant to make the full jump to a V-Drive for the surf wave.....we just don't want to give up on the ski!!  It's too fun. :) 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, thejean said:

Can anyone confirm whether the new LSV has under seat storage or whether we can put a horshoe ballast bag under there now or not? 

The bow tank wraps around the batteries so there's no room for another ballast bag under the bow cushions.

1 minute ago, thejean said:

Can anyone confirm whether the new LSV has under seat storage or whether we can put a horshoe ballast bag under there now or not? 

I'm assuming you are referring to bow.  No storage under bow seats since there is a hard tank and new location for batteries.

Surf wave out of the box is AWESOME.  With three people in boat I actually preferred it over the 24 MXZ and rode them back to back.  I am sure the MXZ would be better loaded with more weight (bodies or maybe lead).

ahopkins22LSV
47 minutes ago, dealjb said:

I'm assuming you are referring to bow.  No storage under bow seats since there is a hard tank and new location for batteries.

Surf wave out of the box is AWESOME.  With three people in boat I actually preferred it over the 24 MXZ and rode them back to back.  I am sure the MXZ would be better loaded with more weight (bodies or maybe lead).

Any pics of video? I think this is the first mention of the wave...

On 8/10/2017 at 5:52 PM, WakeSwagger said:

https://mninboard.com/boats-for-sale/2018-Malibu-Wakesetter-23-LSV/US-MB2S4366F718

Looks like you can order one set of rev 10s with the G4...

I don't want to know how much this boat is going for... 575 engine ($16k), G4 ($9k), $10k in paint upgrades, tricked out trailer ($6k?), Rev 10s, and every single other option... This has to be the most expensive 23LSV by far. Only can get more expensive by adding a second set of Rev 10s lol.