Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 23 LSV

WakeSwagger

47 minutes ago, Capdoogie said:

maybe new hull doesn't need a lot of bow weight?

I have been watching this thread close.

The wife is all for a new boat, but is not to excited about the 25. I don't want to deal with bags.

Although I have my doubts, because they did not show the bow, in the video while surfing.

I was going to comment on this earlier.

Lets hope for the best. :)

Edited by Sparky450

I bet you can get boards in the side compartment where he was standing.  That looked amazing.  

I wonder if you can get the boards in the rear compartments, given that the hatch opening is smaller because of the activity center (relative to other brands).  Can anyone comment if you can do that on the current 23 LSV, and if having it a little deeper would be the difference maker.  

He didn't have a lot of time to explain how the ballast monitors the level of both the plug and play and the tank, but that would be pretty awesome.  It would be nice to have a boat with decent ballast sensors, I have yet to see one I am convinced is reliable.  

23 minutes ago, TallRedRider said:

He didn't have a lot of time to explain how the ballast monitors the level of both the plug and play and the tank, but that would be pretty awesome.  It would be nice to have a boat with decent ballast sensors, I have yet to see one I am convinced is reliable.  

It works like on the new MXZ set up.  If you have bags attached, water fills at the same time going into the bags as the rising up the side of the tanks, giving you a "reading" of where the plug and play bag is.  Water does not fill one or the other first, it goes up the side of the tank and into the bag at the same rate.

• Like 2

Ballast monitoring is like the current MXZ - since the tank is L shaped, the plug and play also sits "beside" the hard tank so once level starts filling into the upright of the L, it is also filling PNP, those monitoring both.   As to how accurate.....who knows. 

Heater vents are under the driver seat I noticed too.   That would be nice straight from the factory.  I like the trash door.....now if only you could get to the cooler without moving people, my wife may actually want to upgrade!

Are clamp racks standard or are bungees still the base on the 3.5 tower?  I'm sure they would add them for promo shoots if an option, but it seems like this was rumored a while back. 

2 minutes ago, wakebrdr94 said:

It works like on the new MXZ set up.  If you have bags attached, water fills at the same time going into the bags as the rising up the side of the tanks, giving you a "reading" of where the plug and play bag is.  Water does not fill one or the other first, it goes up the side of the tank and into the bag at the same rate.

Yep, it's exactly the MXZ system.  Same with the hinge system they mention.

Overall I like it, although I don't think I love the SeaDek everywhere.  It's nice, but truthfully I believe it's a cost cutting measure.  It's like the ladder hatch on the MXZ.  I know for a fact the new hatch with the SeaDek cover is MUCH cheaper to make than the old one with all the machining.  I've had the cover both ways and it's not that big of a deal.

Overall a really nice update on the 23LSV.  A couple things I personally don't love, but a lot I really like too.  I can tell they upped the build quality just looking at some things the borrowed from the MXZ.  (such us a nice cover on the underside of the dash)

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Cory said:

Is it just my eyes, or do the forward facing seat backs in the bow area look like they are hinged to fold up and open?

Could be.  I think the new MXZ is like that.  Definitely a nice feature and I'm not sure why Malibu wouldn't offer it. 

7 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

Are clamp racks standard or are bungees still the base on the 3.5 tower?  I'm sure they would add them for promo shoots if an option, but it seems like this was rumored a while back. 

When I was at the dealer he said with the 3.5 you don't get the clamping 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Fman said:

Any confirmation on a 15" or 17" prop? Dry weight?

Minnesota Inboard's listing (of the boat I posted above) says 15" prop, Malibu site has it listed at 5250 lbs dry.  Max ballast from factory, 1680 lbs.

With how heavy these boats are getting, people ought to start considering electric over hydraulic breaks on their trailers.  These boats + trailers are getting MUCH heavier than 1/2 ton trucks (particularly my aluminum F150).

4 minutes ago, Cory said:

With how heavy these boats are getting, people ought to start considering electric over hydraulic breaks on their trailers.  These boats + trailers are getting MUCH heavier than 1/2 ton trucks (particularly my aluminum F150).

so you should buy a Chevy :whistle:

In all seriousness, we tow an M235 a lot with an ecoboost and it does fine.

but really, buy a chevy :biggrin:

Edited by wakebrdr94
  • Like 3

Stopping is the issue, not the power to get or keep the load moving.  

I wonder what amps will power the Rev 10's.    In all reality, this 2018 checks off a few of my pet peeves on my 2016 and moves it that much closer to being just perfect (at least for us), especially if the stock stereo performs.  Now, it probably isn't enough to make us upgrade though.    Next, we need to see the wave.    I assume it will be MXZ like out of the box, but in reality I can't outride the wave I have, so it won't be a reason to upgrade yet.  

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Sparky450 said:

I have been watching this thread close.

The wife is all for a new boat, but is not to excited about the 25. I don't want to deal with bags.

Although I have my doubts, because they did not show the bow, in the video while surfing.

I was going to comment on this earlier.

Lets hope for the best. :)

I believe it's the wedge that makes the bow weight necessary. The wedge pullls the very back of the boat down and at such an angle that the only way to bring the bow down is with a lot of weight up there. 

52 minutes ago, wakebrdr94 said:

so you should buy a Chevy :whistle:

In all seriousness, we tow an M235 a lot with an ecoboost and it does fine.

but really, buy a chevy :biggrin:

I bought one of the new GMC.  Was the biggest POS I've ever owned.  It had the dreaded "chevy shake".  GM field engineer couldn't fix it.  Had several over stupid issues as well.  Finally had to take a loss and trade that one.  

Back to the LSV... is storage that deep really needed?  I would be afraid I drop something in it and would have to actually get down in it to get it out.  LOL

Keeps the same lines as other Malibu.  Overall, good job.  

Edited by bamabonners