Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Member, Hopefully new 22 VLX

JeffC

ahopkins22LSV

She's awesome looking. The white tower really ties in the white on the front of the boat. And the silver flake looks great against the midnight blue!

She has a lot more features then your old crownline but they are pretty user friendly so you will pick them up in no time!

1 hour ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

She's awesome looking. The white tower really ties in the white on the front of the boat. And the silver flake looks great against the midnight blue!

She has a lot more features then your old crownline but they are pretty user friendly so you will pick them up in no time!

She does at that.   Ive got about 2.5 hours sitting at the command center playing now.   It is very well designed.   It will take me a time or two using it to have my "fingers" know where to find stuff, but everything is logical - if I started with something I wanted to do (for example, adjusting mix between cabin and tower), it was VERY intuitive to find it. 

Ive got a short punch list of things to be taken care of, but they are all very minor/cosmetic.   Build quality seems exceptional, the upholstery seems first rate.   Stereo sounds awesome.  Im about 70% through my checklist, most of what remains is water test.    Sales manager will come out with us to help us acclimate, that will be nice.

One thing I have not yet figured out is how to load and secure board on the surf bimini.    Very hard to reach... Im sure there is a trick, and a tour through the manual will no doubt solve it, but my Melvin IPA adjusted head couldnt figure it out by myself.   Driveway boating is an awesome thing. 

22 minutes ago, JeffC said:

She does at that.   Ive got about 2.5 hours sitting at the command center playing now.   It is very well designed.   It will take me a time or two using it to have my "fingers" know where to find stuff, but everything is logical - if I started with something I wanted to do (for example, adjusting mix between cabin and tower), it was VERY intuitive to find it. 

Ive got a short punch list of things to be taken care of, but they are all very minor/cosmetic.   Build quality seems exceptional, the upholstery seems first rate.   Stereo sounds awesome.  Im about 70% through my checklist, most of what remains is water test.    Sales manager will come out with us to help us acclimate, that will be nice.

One thing I have not yet figured out is how to load and secure board on the surf bimini.    Very hard to reach... Im sure there is a trick, and a tour through the manual will no doubt solve it, but my Melvin IPA adjusted head couldnt figure it out by myself.   Driveway boating is an awesome thing. 

For loading the board, you will have to adjust the straps one time to fit your board.  From then on, just slide the board in from the back under the front strap, and buckle the back one. The front strap doesn't have to be super tight where you will need to cinch it down every time.

31 minutes ago, t a said:

For loading the board, you will have to adjust the straps one time to fit your board.  From then on, just slide the board in from the back under the front strap, and buckle the back one. The front strap doesn't have to be super tight where you will need to cinch it down every time.

Has Malibu put a bungee or strap to go around the fin yet to stop the board from sliding out? If not becareful of boards being lost blowing out underway. 

1 hour ago, wheelman said:

Has Malibu put a bungee or strap to go around the fin yet to stop the board from sliding out? If not becareful of boards being lost blowing out underway. 

No idea, never have had issues on my '15. Rear strap does usually go behind fins on tail of board though.  I usually don't cruise over 30 and way slower with high wind.  My G4 Bimini may be slightly different than G3 but I doubt it.

On 5/6/2017 at 9:35 PM, wheelman said:

been on every bimini board-storing bimini they've made (OK, technically commercial sewing and Great Lakes has made).

12 hours ago, 85 Barefoot said:

been on every bimini board-storing bimini they've made (OK, technically commercial sewing and Great Lakes has made).

Maybe we are not talking about the same thing. My 2015 just had 2 straps that you slid the board through but nothing that would reach behind a fin to stop them from sliding out the back. 

7 hours ago, wheelman said:

Probably a dumb question, but can you slide the boards in from the front (mine doesn't have the surf straps so canny check)?  That would seem logical and prevent them from being able to vibrate or slide out with wind??

I put my boards on with the fins towards the front of the boat and put the front strap across the board behind the fins.  I put the rear strap over the middle of the board.  They lock in super securely that way.

What I want to know is has anyone put a paddleboard up there yet?

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, Chattwake said:

I put my boards on with the fins towards the front of the boat and put the front strap across the board behind the fins.  I put the rear strap over the middle of the board.  They lock in super securely that way.

What I want to know is has anyone put a paddleboard up there yet?

We are trying to sort that out too.  Thought about fashioning a strap system from the hoop to hold it too