Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

20' New Wakeboard boat choice?

PhillipsHappens

For a new boat at 60k or so, the Moomba Helix and Mondo are tough to beat.  Helix has great surf wakes, huge storage, deep boat inside.  Looks a little different/odd.  Mondo is similar, not as much surf, not quite as deep, better looking.  2017 looks more like a baby Supra.  

Axis 20 is fine.  Interior is the biggest drawback.  Plus the options add up.  

NXT is most expensive.  Interior space is good for a narrow boat, as the gunwales are slim--don't pay much attention to the width numbers on it. Tower is functional but dated/cheap looking.  

Tige 20 footers are tiny inside.  TINY!  

Pay attention to the infloor ballast options. When you decide to up your budget a bit, go look at the GS20 and the VTX. 

I priced out a Helix at a local dealer and with all the essential options it was sub $55k before tax.  If you can get over the looks I think it'd be a solid choice.

11 hours ago, PhillipsHappens said:

We will definitely have a galv trailer, and flush it religiously after using it for day trips in the saltwater.  I just want to make sure we aren't going to really hurt it long term by putting it in the saltwater.  We'll use it in salt 3-5 times per year, I suspect...and we'll leave in it in the lake most of the rest of the season (~3-4 months in Seattle).  I'll ask the dealer more about the other components.  I was a little worried about stereo components, too...wiring, etc...but I think those have come a long way in the last 10 years in terms of protection?

Order the salt water edition a20 and it comes with or used to come with the galvanize painted boatmate, now axis Malibu trailer? Same?  Point is the painted galvanized boatmate ordered separate was $5000.  I think I should have gotten the salt a20 2014 and the difference over fresh boat with galvanized trailer was probably 5-8000.  I delivered my a20 white stripped down to 9 or 10 essential options w/salt trailer and was 57000 including 4 titans and tower mirror added later spare from a Texas Malibu boat delivery that was upgraded and sacs and surfboard from wake makers  Add new boat pricing and salt diff and you should be in your 70 budget before taxes or maybe including  taxesand rock and ready for the salt , but a plain boat that does all disciplines including a very reasonable slalom well, love my white and easy to care for finish with cool to touch white interior , wakeboard wake and surf wave awsome, check out the rig thread for the ugly look I posted with my new Ecobeast 

no one ever orders the true price point axis, should have tried before EOY incentives for ordering expired, so no one ever knows what one can be purchased new for cheap cause they don't go that low spec

As for flushing trailer great  idea for brakes and rims and tires, but the frame flush is very good but I doubt the boatmate would need it, it's a freak trailer in black painted galvanized , I'd be more worried about spraying down the entire area under floor and in engine compartment and any other space I could flush, after that the salt package should protect you, flush those sacs if you ballast in the salt 

supra delivers unpainted Trailers with their rigs down here, maybe  Axis will do that if you want to save some money, Supra dealer orders alot of his inventory boats  with gray panels which accent the galvanized silver paint 

Edited by granddaddy55