Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ram 6.4

Falko

ahopkins22LSV
9 hours ago, nyryan2001 said:

It seems GM got brought back down to earth recently on sales... and brought the 1500 6.2L prices down...

You can find several 6.2L LTZ 4x4 Crewcabs in the $41-42k range.  I know a year ago those were a $45-$47k range.

February is truck month. They are running very good deals right now. Not sure if that is just a michigan sale or nation wide, but is the case here. 

I was tempted to go buy a 1500 crew cab z71 "allstar" addition last weekend. They had it listed for 38k after all the discounts. 

Edited by ahopkinsTXi
3 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

February is truck month. They are running very good deals right now. Not sure if that is just a michigan sale or nation wide, but is the case here. 

I was tempted to go buy a 1500 crew cab z71 "allstar" addition last weekend. They had it listed for 38k after all the discounts. 

6.2 or 5.3 Hopkins?

4 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

It's nationwide. I just listed my 2014 1500 crew cab 5.3L for sale and the GM discounts are pushing down the resale price. But I also got them on the buy side 3 years ago so can't complain.

• 2 months later...

Ram 6.7 seems to be the Best Buy right now from a value and QAQC standpoint.

which level trim are you looking at? Keeping it stock tune and stock suspension  and tires? 

10 minutes ago, nyryan2001 said:

Ram 6.7 seems to be the Best Buy right now from a value and QAQC standpoint.

which level trim are you looking at? Keeping it stock tune and stock suspension  and tires? 

I am looking at a Laramie.  Seems like deals that are 10-12K off MSRP are relatively easy to find.  I want a good value on my trade in as well.

I am looking at the off road package as it is pretty cheap and you get some soften suspension with it.  

At some point probably some bigger tires and a tune but I will drive it for a while.  Let those stock tires wear out a bit

What are you seeing as a good price on a Laramie diesel?  55?

30 minutes ago, bamaboy said:

Bench is a feature for me 

85 you don't mind loss of bed space?

I mean, I don't run a construction crew, but 4x8 plywood still fits fine and the ease of key fob-locking ramboxes/coolers/gun safe/chains/trailering equipment etc is worth every penny of the $1,500 or whatever it is.  I did have a topper on my old ram that I would like to have but I'd still prefer rambox.  Reminded every time I pull out a frosty coca cola on the beach.

3 minutes ago, 85 Barefoot said:

worth every penny of the $1,500 or whatever it is...

Hard part for the bargain shopper is that even though the option is only $1500, the trucks with the biggest discounts (like the bench seat model I linked to) rarely have the option.  Buckets and rambox, while only about another $2200 retail in options, frequently push the real-world price up another $5k.

At least within 500 miles of me, which is about as far as I'd consider travelling to buy new.

And for the record when I buy one I'm going to scour the earth for a deal on a rambox truck.

Edited by shawndoggy
Just now, shawndoggy said:

Hard part for the bargain shopper is that even though the option is only $1500, the trucks with the biggest discounts (like the bench seat model I linked to) rarely have the option.  Buckets and rambox, while only about another $2200 retail in options, frequently push the real-world price up another $5k.

At least within 500 miles of me, which is about as far as I'd consider travelling to buy new.

Are people who are buying $50,000 laramies really bargain shoppers?  The world is a crazy place.

but I know what you're saying.  And I agree.  But its a Ram must have IMO if you're going to go Ram.  Like a tailgate step in a ford.

25 minutes ago, 85 Barefoot said:

Are people who are buying $50,000 laramies really bargain shoppers?  The world is a crazy place.

but I know what you're saying.  And I agree.  But its a Ram must have IMO if you're going to go Ram.  Like a tailgate step in a ford.

depends.  If you run ladder racks and a hard tonneau like I do it makes the rambox a no-go.  Need the racks for kayaks and long lumber more than the additional storage.

Edited by oldjeep
24 minutes ago, 85 Barefoot said:

It's the interwebs man.  You don't want to pay a dime more than you are supposed to, lest you be mocked and shamed as an uniformed shopper.

• Like 2
Just now, oldjeep said:

depends.  If you run ladder racks and a hard tonneau like I do it makes the rambox a no-go.  Need the racks for kayaks and long lumber more than the additional storage.

ladder racks coming to rambox soon...I'll provide link.  Buddy coming out with new "quick release" racking system for all makes including rambox.

...but I hear you.  I don't think bamaboy has ladders to carry tho.

6 minutes ago, 85 Barefoot said:

ladder racks coming to rambox soon...I'll provide link.  Buddy coming out with new "quick release" racking system for all makes including rambox.

...but I hear you.  I don't think bamaboy has ladders to carry tho.

I see these, which are the same brand I run on my truck but it appears that they are using rails inside the bed which would not allow a tonneau?

http://vantech.us/Dodge-RamBox_c154.htm

Not sure that Bamaboy could reach into a 2500 Rambox - not really a joke, but since they are top of the bed rail it would be a reach for some people

Edited by oldjeep
  • Like 1
Just now, ahopkinsTXi said:

Ram box would be nice at times, that's for sure. The in floor storage in the back of the cab is really nice too. I wish my truck had that. 

That is where all my tie down straps go is in the 2 floor boxes.  There is also a ton of storage under the rear seat as long as you don't get the optional sub woofer that wastes about half of it.