Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 G23 vs. 2017 24MXZ

Jennifer

That's what I was getting at.......:blush:  I figured you were a Wizzard Lake customer.

You have a dealer with an excellent reputation that will greatly help with resale locally.  Nationally.....its gonna take a lot of those good dealers to help the cause.

I'm just here to eat popcorn.  Don't really care which brand boat you buy.  You know the general stats, performance, price and QAQC.  Make your choice.

However, few folks are qualified to talk on behalf of both WSA and Buxton. I'm one of those.

Buxton is the best dealer in the Nation in every aspect. There could not be better.

The Service Dept at Waterski America has a liar and a cheat--- his name is Jon.  Not sure if here is still there. They use him to pull dirty crap on folks and deny it happened.  Same like with what garbage that happened with the crooks at Wilson Watersports, I've got pics of his garbage handywork.  He supervised a hack job on a vinyl repair, tried to act like it didn't happen then got caught. Lied that he even had it repaired!  A vinyl repair burglar must of jumped the WSA fence and performed a hack job and ran off--- no one knows what the hell happened?

Waterski America crooks are what made me a 2x Buxton customer. I'd use a stick of dynamite in the hull plug and light it before spat in WSA's direction.

I know the WSA homecrew Ronnie and Murphy are going to croak--- sorry fellas, real talk about real events. Crooks deserve to get called out.

21 hours ago, IXFE said:

For the record, I've owned FIVE Malibus and never had anywhere near the issues you described on either boat.  I think that's worth noting because reading your post it would seem Malibus are junk, when in reality they are THE BEST ALL AROUND BOAT ON THE WATER (imho, ymmv, yada yada).

A little disingenuous if you're flipping boats every year and only putting 50 hours on them...

16 hours ago, bamaboy said:

And to @wheelman, I think your comment to @IXFE about being some sort of internet Malibu whore is a bit out of line.  You will not meet a guy with more integrity than him and to suggest that he makes pro Malibu comments to get a discount is bush league at best.  The guy gets good pricing because he is honest and smart.  No other reason.

This makes me laugh given the s*** a lot of people (including myself) are guilty of saying on here.  Not seeing a lot of angels...

14 minutes ago, Fman said:

KIA and Hyundai build good vehicles these days but they don't hold value anything like Toyota, Honda or Nissan.  Even though they could be on par with quality, reliability and longevity.  I don't think Centurion will be any different, unfortunately it takes YEARS to change a brand perception.  I would really be concerned about massive depreciation buying a Centurion today, I am not saying the boat is not well built but the brand has always been a value kinda "meh" product, I would compare it to Supreme.

And am I the only one who finds it odd that Centurion would not be super aggressive on pricing to really pull buyers into there boats over the next few years?  No different than Axis did when Malibu released that brand.  They are missing the mark imo, if they did have aggressive pricing I am pretty confident many would start looking harder at there products.  I personally would never buy a Centurion and pay more or even close to the same price as a Malibu.

At the end of day it's hard to beat a Malibu for resale, how it looks on the water, value, multiple disciplines (wake, surf), driveability, etc... they have a lot going for them.

FYI supreme is centurions lower end boat. Like axis is to Malibu. 

30 minutes ago, nyryan2001 said:

I'm just here to eat popcorn.  Don't really care which brand boat you buy.  You know the general stats, performance, price and QAQC.  Make your choice.

However, few folks are qualified to talk on behalf of both WSA and Buxton. I'm one of those.

Buxton is the best dealer in the Nation in every aspect. There could not be better.

The Service Dept at Waterski America has a liar and a cheat--- his name is Jon.  Not sure if here is still there. They use him to pull dirty crap on folks and deny it happened.  Same like with what garbage that happened with the crooks at Wilson Watersports, I've got pics of his garbage handywork.  He supervised a hack job on a vinyl repair, tried to act like it didn't happen then got caught. Lied that he even had it repaired!  A vinyl repair burglar must of jumped the WSA fence and performed a hack job and ran off--- no one knows what the hell happened?

Waterski America crooks are what made me a 2x Buxton customer. I'd use a stick of dynamite in the hull plug and light it before spat in WSA's direction.

I know the WSA homecrew Ronnie and Murphy are going to croak--- sorry fellas, real talk about real events. Crooks deserve to get called out.

Sorry you had that experience.  I've had nothing but the opposite from the whole WSA crew (including Jon and Tony in the service dept).  I've heard buxton is wonderful as well but have never owned a nautique to deal with them so my opinion is one sided I guess.  

41 minutes ago, nyryan2001 said:

You're not bothering me or WSA I'm betting either. Seems like I recall you having gone through several dealers when I referred you to WSA. WSA isn't Malibu's highest annual selling single store location because of what you say happened. I'm sure every dealer out there has a customer or two that was not satisfied with their visit. I'm glad you found a dealer that you can deal with.

I have been a Waterski customer since 1997 and currently on my 9th BU.  When I purchased my last BU Tim encouraged me to go look at all the boats i the DFW area.  He told me privately that if I found a boat that I liked better than the BU then I should pursue with no hard feelings.  What I can tell you is that MasterCraft was the most professional of all the dealers visited. They never spoke poorly about any other dealer and were a class act. I cannot say that about the other dealers.  Sorry nyran2001 that you had a bad experience. While I am biassed towards Malibu they are not the #1 inboard dealer in DFW just because they sell a quality product it is because they are a fantastic dealer all the way around.  After 8 boat purchases the owner of the dealership encourage me to look at other boats/dealers. That is just a classy move!!!! 

Sorry I have to defend my PEEPS at Waterski, would not want any other dealer in the foxhole with me!!!

Ronnie = because it didn't happen to me = it must not be true.

And yep. Wilson Watersports, WSA and Chessie--- all of them, garbage. I don't tolerate unethical behavior.

Suggest you also check your oil when you go to pick it up. Jon says pitch black oil after an oil change is from a few old drops in the pan.  I threw a fit he changed it, clear honey brown.  Most disappointing to me was I brought it all to Tony's attention.... he did nothing... so he is complicit, not better than Jon. Terrible.

HACK.

I'm not doubting your story, online. You are free to post what ever you feel you need to about WSA. I wrote that every dealer has one or two that weren't satisfied with their service or sales experience. We don't see many here with your experience.

You bring this up about once a year, you must think you are baiting me into an argument with you about it. It was your experience, not mine. You'll have to find someone else to argue with. :salute:

• Like 2

I really get a lot out of doing this-- makes it real easy getting good service, saves me money and makes owing a boat so much more pleasurable <----  sarcasm.

for me it's about principle.  I'd go down in flames over it. I won't overlook unethical behavior despite what's best or easiest in the long run.  Whether I am the 1 in 1000 and it's dismissed as "well you can't make everyone happy". Op will know from my perspective--- WSA has unethical shady folks in service.

5yrs ago I was on here defending WSA when someone else got hacked by them. Now I'd sink my boat before their hacks touched my boat.

@Fman i agree with you on a certain level,  the Ri line has some pricing flaws. However i dont see pricing as a budget line as the correct placement,  or where they truely belong.   The  pricing is a touch off though example 22VLX/23LSV fairly close in price,  then a jump in price to  the 25LSV.  RI is backwards 217 is where it close to where it should be, then a big jump to 237, and a small jump to 257. The 217 and 257 are fairly close to respective Malibu.   The 237 is significantly more than 23LSV.

With the rising prominence of surfing,  the top Surf boats should command a premium.  

Think about boat shows, where the uneducated go to gain knowledge and get a great deal.  

They go to the Malibu booth see 25LSV, see the surfgate, comand center, etc. they will walk away seeing a very nice boat that is good at wakeboarding and surfing, handles well, etc. Think F150 Platinum, drives well, nice ride, tows boats/camp trailer, gets decent mileage, good daily  driver,  does most things very well, and is VERY nice inside.  

Then they go to Centurion booth, see RI257, they see "the wakesurfing world championship towboats", (i agree utterly meaningless but Wally will like that.)   So they sit inside, very nice boat that has good features, it will wakeboard acceptable, but is THE Surf Monster.  Think Ram 3500 Laramie , nice truck, still has nav, etc, However rides like crap, mileage sucks, but will Pull a 5th wheel like a champ.  

These two trucks are very different in terms of finish,  ride quality,  etc.  They are however roughly the same price.   The RAM deserves the premium because of its towing capabilities, the F150 deserves the price for comfort, convenience and being good as daily driver.  Same with 25LSV it deserves a premium because it is Very nice, and is good at everything,  RI257 deserves the premium because it is still very nice,  but is a step ahead in the surf category.

Think how many ask for "What is the best surfboat"  often there is a followup of how is wakeboard wake.  Surfing is the primary though.  

I also agree it does take a bit of time to establish a brand or turn the tide.  Establishing yourself as a premium, and then BACKING IT UP is crucial though.    Starting as a discout to build a base THEN adjusting up will alienate the customers you gained.   Imagine if Axis started raising prices 15k a year for 3 years to get Axis to premium segment.  They would alienate thier current base.  

Boat shows!!!! Woohooo.   I Want to check out the Ri257 like @DarkSide has at a show! But I'll have to go to Chicago or Detroit probably to find a dealer with that monster..  but @Fman I agree the price centurion is listing is not going to gain any market share...I can't believe what they are asking.. maybe they will come about over the next 5yrs.. just couldn't swallow the hit I'd take with one.. 

Anyone know what % malibus  price increase was for 2017

i gotta ask with all the talk of ri237 being more expensive than the 23lsv which I still don't understand what is the going fair rate for a 2017 23lsv?

Edited by wheelman

I ask what % Malibu raised their prices this year for a believe the big reason we have all done so well on resale of our used malibus is the big price increases Malibu has been enjoying every year. What happens when these price increases stop? How will the resale on malibus be then?Come on they have to stop soon. I do not believe centurion had a price increase in the ri line from 2016 to 2017. At least my price on a factory ordered 17 is the same as a 16 was. Maybe my dealer negotiated better for this year if they did?

Malibu typically does 4-6%. increase, although with the engine brand change in 2016, prices stayed or dropped slightly because people no longer needed to upgrade from 350.  Also fairly rapid model refresh helps. 

Edited by DarkSide