Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 Fman LSV build - Larson Marine

Fman

6 hours ago, powderjay said:

Where are you getting your decadence flooring from?    Also what is the cost of the surf pipe option?   My order is going in soon!

I will be ordering deckadence directly from supplier.  It will need to be cut and sized once it arrives.

14 hours ago, Fman said:

I will be ordering deckadence directly from supplier.  It will need to be cut and sized once it arrives.

How much of a savings on the DIY ? 

On 11/19/2016 at 5:17 PM, Fman said:

That is a good idea, wish I could see what a charcoal gray trailer would look like under it.  Black is so universal, just seems to go good with anything.

I would stay with black since the tower is also black.  I love my charcoal trailer but I have charcoal tower and hull.  There are times when the light hits it right that is almost looks dull colored.  If I had to do it again, I would probably do black on trailer, hull and tower and save the up-charges but not enough to push me to a new one yet.

IMG_3899_zpsgdw71bxx.jpg

• Like 3
7 hours ago, powderjay said:

How much of a savings on the DIY ? 

I know DIY is approx $750 shipped to your door.  You will also more than likely get a few extra smaller leftover pieces which work great for step off pads on houseboats:)

• Like 2
11 hours ago, wedge88 said:

I would stay with black since the tower is also black.  I love my charcoal trailer but I have charcoal tower and hull.  There are times when the light hits it right that is almost looks dull colored.  If I had to do it again, I would probably do black on trailer, hull and tower and save the up-charges but not enough to push me to a new one yet.

IMG_3899_zpsgdw71bxx.jpg

Begging for a red trailer for sure!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2016 at 2:20 PM, shawndoggy said:

I thought the bow step on the trailer was a silly add on but the dealer insisted.  It's awesome!

If I had to do it again I would get the bow trailer step! It's easier for me to load the boat then step off and ratchet the bow instead of the person driving the tow vechicle. 

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, Fman said:

Boat is a couple months out but the shop is starting to come together...its nice to have some space for boards.

20170112_142553_zpskdc5dvlt.jpg

Nice Travis!  And I see you have a space set aside for the Soulcraft you haven't ordered yet. 

5 minutes ago, Fman said:

Boat is a couple months out but the shop is starting to come together...its nice to have some space for boards.

20170112_142553_zpskdc5dvlt.jpg

I wish my HOA would allow me to have a shop in my backyard... that is nice!!!

On 11/21/2016 at 10:29 AM, teamerickson said:

Surf Pipe - $833 MSRP.

What did you do for rear plug and play bags in your boat?

I just ordered wakemakers 700's, I was told they hold approx 800 so it looks like I may need lead....

I would like your input if you have had your out yet.

Thanks

Edited by ConnollyCrew
1 hour ago, ConnollyCrew said:

I just ordered wakemakers 700's, I was told they hold approx 800 so it looks like I may need lead....

Thanks

I went with the wakemakers customs. Seem heavier then 750. I usually have 200 lead up in the bow.  For surfing I'm going to use a bow bag also. 

Edited by teamerickson
3 hours ago, vaporbluebu said:

@FmanWhat did you use for hooks in the shop to hold your boards?

I used bicycle rack mounts from home depot, they are cheap and work perfect for holding any size wakeboard or surf.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-Gray-Heavy-Duty-Flip-Up-Storage-Hanger-01195/202305470

• Like 2
2 hours ago, ConnollyCrew said:

Thanks

I will probably be going with the WM customs just like teamerickson, not sure there are too many other options available?  or maybe you know of some other bags people are running?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, kerpluxal said:

I wish my HOA would allow me to have a shop in my backyard... that is nice!!!

Thank you, it is an amazing shop.  I still can't believe I actually own this thing... there is so much space compared to my last shop.  I have 20' of cabinets and 8' of upper cabinets coming in a couple weeks which will help me start organizing.  The previous owner had a wood working business out of it building custom tables and let me tell you I have never seen that much saw dust on everything!  It took me a full day to clean the walls, ceilings, lights, door openers, etc... there was saw dust on everything even the outside of the garage doors.  It did clean up well once I was able to get it wiped out.  I still need to power wash the floors but I am going to wait until the spring when the weather starts to improve and warm up a little.  The guy who built this thing really did everything to the 9's, gas line stubs all over, multiple 220s, 8" thick concrete slab, sewer drains and RV hook ups, sink, fully finished and insulated the inside.  I really have very few items I would ever want to add.  I will probably swap out the shop llights for LEDs eventually.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Fman said:

I will probably be going with the WM customs just like teamerickson, not sure there are too many other options available?  or maybe you know of some other bags people are running?

The dealer installed custom Fly Highs in mine.   Not really sure what the differences are between them and WM, but they are "T" shaped and fill the entire locker without removing the rear trays (picture an upside down "T" laying in the locker).   http://barefootinternational.com/FATSACS.bifh

• Like 2

Let me know if you want to test that shop out. You know, a ballast install inside the shop to make sure it works out for your new boat before it arrives. My boat is only 21 1/2' so we can just put a cooler on the front of the trailer to simulate the extra length. 

Edited by isellacuras
  • Like 2