Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Garage Help

bamaboy

4 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

Alright time to embrace my southern heritage... 

IF you were able to disburse the weight, maybe wrap the entire edge of the rim in a thick 1/2" layer of duct tape.  you would potentially spread the weight AND protect the floor. ...  

Atta boy!!!  I knew you had it in you!  

I love this idea.  What about my idea of welding in some steel?  I have access to an excellent metal fabricator and I'm sure he would do it for me.

Sell that too tall boat and get a slalom boat without a tower.  The garage is telling y'all to get back to the basics.

- Or take a jack hammer to the floor and make two trenches into the garage.

-- Or ask the guys on the Master Craft forum what to do.  There's gotta be some Redneck ingenuity there?  Or not???

When I got my bu, i had 3 inches of clearance issue.  I raised the opening to the door myself for pretty cheap - taking away is cheaper than adding...oh, then I paid $1500 for a new garage door.  Considered it worth it considering the other options, and the amount we invest in these boats!

2 hours ago, Kmfish87 said:

Park it outside...:Tease3:

I have a 32 x 48 pole building with a loft.  Just seems disrespectful to the garage not to put the G in there.  It might get mad at me

After reading 2.5 pages I'm struggling to figure out how any of these suggestions are easier, cheaper, and less time consuming than letting the air out of tires, backing up 2 feet, and airing back up...twice a year...?  It's a good excuse to get a real man's air compressor if you don't have one.  Then set it on 4 jack stands once in place.  I personally think this is the reason boat trailer tires suffer a premature death, sitting there for weeks and months on end with a 5-8000lb load on them and the steel wires being severely bent out-of-round.

8 minutes ago, Ndawg12 said:

After reading 2.5 pages I'm struggling to figure out how any of these suggestions are easier, cheaper, and less time consuming than letting the air out of tires, backing up 2 feet, and airing back up...twice a year...?  It's a good excuse to get a real man's air compressor if you don't have one.  Then set it on 4 jack stands once in place.  I personally think this is the reason boat trailer tires suffer a premature death, sitting there for weeks and months on end with a 5-8000lb load on them and the steel wires being severely bent out-of-round.

Haha.  It's basically winter up here Ndawg.  Can't you humor me?

2 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

You could get heavy duty gym mats used under equipment for the rims to be protected from the concrete. 

Something sorta like this https://www.amazon.com/IncStores-Heavy-Flooring-Rubber-Rolls/dp/B0098NCFM6

Actually they sell 4'x8' 3/4 inch black rubber matts for gyms that are cheaper in that you don't buy rolls and it's not chip decorated and thicker, it can be easily cut with a circular saw

Just now, granddaddy55 said:

Actually they sell 4'x8' 3/4 inch black rubber matts for gyms that are cheaper in that you don't buy rolls and it's not chip decorated and thicker, it can be easily cut with a circular saw

Link?  

6 minutes ago, bamaboy said:

Link?  

http://www.rubbercal.com/rubber-flooring/gym-rubber-flooring/shark-tooth-heavy-duty-floor-mat.html

this is the more new version with specked 10%+/-

rhe issue is shipping cause it takes 2 people to handle 4x8, these are 4x6 to keep weight down and cost down to add color and small enough not to cut,. Mine were bought 20 years ago for our original gym and were 4x8.  If you have a large fitness supplier like a Fitness Expo, they sold it to me and we used local transport as they stocked it for say 1treadmill on top of 1 panel, FREIGHT, With low usage they'll last a lifetime

Edited by granddaddy55

So I measured the brake to the rim wall on my 15s.  It is about 3/4 of an inch.  So 14s would work?  I would prefer a 14 because this gives me some room for a junk flat tire and no worry about the concrete.  

IMG_20161109_172121925_zpsxoipixij.jpg

Edited by bamaboy
2 hours ago, bamaboy said:

So I measured the brake to the rim wall on my 15s.  It is about 3/4 of an inch.  So 14s would work?  I would prefer a 14 because this gives me some room for a junk flat tire and no worry about the concrete.  

IMG_20161109_172121925_zpsxoipixij.jpg

I would say yes because you only need 1/2 clearance in radius for 1-inch in diameter.

But my genius is limited