Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What Winter Bu Projects Are You Planning?

minnmarker

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2017 at 10:45 AM, blytle473 said:

Well it has been a long time coming but the boat is finally done! I couldn't be happier with the way the seats and the flooring came out! Now all I have to do is wait for this Michigan weather to warm up!

IMG_4931_zpsqbokvddw.jpg

IMG_4929_zpsjqhq3rfr.jpg

IMG_4928_zpshjvofybi.jpg

IMG_4927_zpsooi5tcp5.jpg

IMG_4924_zpspscuoqul.jpg

IMG_4925_zpsbvxxdje7.jpg

IMG_4926_zpsnjiq2eee.jpg

Who did the interior work? I like it. 

On 5/17/2017 at 1:54 AM, 95echelon said:

Who did the interior work? I like it. 

Four Seasons Custom Sewing located in Howell MI

5 hours ago, blytle473 said:

Four Seasons Custom Sewing located in Howell MI

Is that like a pontoon sea grass floor? Kinda neat idea. 

11 hours ago, 95echelon said:

Is that like a pontoon sea grass floor? Kinda neat idea. 

Yes, very similar.

http://infinitylwv.com/view-by-color/nggallery/color-collections/grey#gallery/08b939e364ce34014c5e05ec50327318/649

That is the material close up.

I wanted to do something different and not conventionally put into a V-drive wakeboard boat. Original idea was SeaDek but when cost prohibited it, this was my second choice. So far the material has been awesome.

IMG_1665_zpsjb2qbfmz.jpgIMG_1666_zpsxash1mxl.jpg

Found these ronix capped fitting, work great.

IMG_1661_zpsaxmiafho.jpgIMG_1662_zpsfkj0gvoy.jpgIMG_1663_zpsctfgeiyq.jpgIMG_1664_zpsmteg5hyz.jpgIMG_1677_zpsvde3fvn8.jpg

got the three reversible all done, 1 front, 1 rear and 1 for seat/floor bags. Built pump rack mounted to rear grab Handel behind motor. R and mid pump on it with two new intakes, front pump is mount on a t bracket next to bow tank drain pump.IMG_1660_zpsykl288ek.jpg

Edited by shadetreefab
  • 2 months later...
On 5/20/2017 at 10:03 AM, blytle473 said:

Yes, very similar.

http://infinitylwv.com/view-by-color/nggallery/color-collections/grey#gallery/08b939e364ce34014c5e05ec50327318/649

I wanted to do something different and not conventionally put into a V-drive wakeboard boat. Original idea was SeaDek but when cost prohibited it, this was my second choice. So far the material has been awesome.

since you've had the infinity woven vinyl product for a little while now what are your thoughts on it.  I'm familiar with the product for commercial flooring/rugs etc (in fact I have a dining room rug made of similar stuff) but had never considered it for marine flooring.

19 hours ago, nosnarb said:

since you've had the infinity woven vinyl product for a little while now what are your thoughts on it.  I'm familiar with the product for commercial flooring/rugs etc (in fact I have a dining room rug made of similar stuff) but had never considered it for marine flooring.

Yes, so far everything has been very positive about the flooring. I have put 97 hours on the boat so far with crews of 10+ at times. Cruising, at the sandbar, wake surfing, skiing, everything in between tracking water and sand into the boat and everything has still held up very well. The boat is kept on a covered garage style lift so it doesn't get any sunlight unless we are using it so that might make the longevity of the floor increase.  Still with moisture and the fluctuation in temperature, if the floor were to fail it would've failed awhile ago. The floor looks like it did when I first picked up the boat and I haven't done anything to it... I haven't even cleaned it and it still looks great. I would attach some more photos of what everything looks like now but it is torrentially raining in Michigan right now. If someone would like to see what it looks like now I can take photos when it gets nice again. 

-Ben

On 5/20/2017 at 11:03 AM, blytle473 said:

Yes, very similar.

Where do you order that flooring from? I dont see pricing on the web... I am going to copy your winter project... I might even use your upholsterer if it has held up over the summer. I have 3 or 4 seat bottoms needing to be redone. Can I ask what approximate cost was per skin?

12 minutes ago, 95echelon said:

Where do you order that flooring from? I dont see pricing on the web... I am going to copy your winter project... I might even use your upholsterer if it has held up over the summer. I have 3 or 4 seat bottoms needing to be redone. Can I ask what approximate cost was per skin?

Everything with the floor was ordered through the upholsterer. I can dig up all my receipts and get back to you on pricing. I had a decent amount of my foam that needed to be replaced in certain sections so I am sure that drove the cost up. If we were to do a cost per skins analysis I am sure that I would be on the higher end of the spectrum vs someone else that doesn't need a not of foam reconstruction. Ill get beck to you.

-Ben 

I wish I was lucky enough to be able to store mine in the garage so I could work on it over the winter, but no such luck for me so I won't be able to do anything over the off-season :(

43 minutes ago, cpuwhiz22 said:

I wish I was lucky enough to be able to store mine in the garage so I could work on it over the winter, but no such luck for me so I won't be able to do anything over the off-season :(

What does luck have to do with it? I don't have the garage space to store the Malibu indoors either. I have to plan & work at finding a place every fall. Sometimes it costs me a few hundred bucks to do it, other times I'm able to barter some kind of arrangement. Ideally it is some place close by so I can go visit her & have a beer with her occasionally.    ;)

• Like 1
Just now, Bill_AirJunky said:

What does luck have to do with it? I don't have the garage space to store the Malibu indoors either. I have to plan & work at finding a place every fall. Sometimes it costs me a few hundred bucks to do it, other times I'm able to barter some kind of arrangement. Ideally it is some place close by so I can go visit her & have a beer with her occasionally.    ;)

OK, so since you mentioned it, anyone in/near north Oakland County Michigan have a place for my VLX? :biggrin:  I happen to be an IT Professional and can offer IT services in exchange!

• Like 1
Just now, cpuwhiz22 said:

OK, so since you mentioned it, anyone in/near north Oakland County Michigan have a place for my VLX? :biggrin:  I happen to be an IT Professional and can offer IT services in exchange!

Lol. Well, thats a good start. Now start checking with others that are in your area. Storage units are the obvious one. I've rented a unit by myself or with a buddy.... split the cost of an oversized unit. Last year I kept mine in a big shop that was being sold with a house that was for sale (arrangement with a commercial realtor). Rented a corner of a guy's shop in my area once.... he had other toys in there too, including an FZR & a 69 Yenko Camaro.

I have a buddy who has this crazy idea to lease a building that can house 40 or 50 boats. Not sure I have the time to be moving boats in & out all the time...or the equipment. Or the insurance.

The storage place I keep the boat in over winter is only 15 minutes away, but I am not sure what he charges for indoor storage.  Right now it's kept outdoors, and I don't know if I could get away with the cost of indoor storage (since I budgeted for outdoor when convincing my wife to let me get the boat :biggrin:).