Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What 1/2 ton are you towing with? (no diesels and 2014+ newer)

Fman

10 hours ago, IXFE said:

I wasn't hating on your truck. My point was simply that from a business/product differentiation perspective I think it was a strange move on GM's part. I could be wrong but I remember reading when the new body style came out the 6.2 was in short supply and that's why they started shipping Sierra Denalis with the 5.3. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 6.2 isn't that much more $. 

As for MRC, I'm very familiar with it. I have it on my wife's rig as well as my daily driver. I love it in my car, but in my wife's Yukon Denali I find it pretty harsh. 

Yeah, wasn't implying you were.  :cheers:  6.2L is couple grand more after discounts and such, but what kept me away was the premium requirement to get its full potential.  If you get your fuel at Costco it's not so bad, but typically 93 octane around here is an $0.80/gal upcharge.  Robbery.

MRC in the Denali isn't like a '94 LeSabre by any means, but it is better than the standard suspension.  Had a Z71 as a loaner the other day and the ride over large bumps was a bit more harsh, mostly in rebound control.

Edited by UWSkier
3 hours ago, 85 Barefoot said:

Aren't you on 22s tho?

Yeah, the factory 22's.

FWIW my prior gen Yukon Denali XL was on factory 22's also. So was my '13 F150 Eco (before I lifted it and went to larger tires on 20's). Both those trucks had a more compliant ride than my '15 Yukon Denali which rides like a covered wagon

My '16 Chevy SS has MRC also and it rides on way less rubber than the Denali and has a better ride (especially in "touring" mode). You know that reminds me, why don't they give us some adjustability in the truck and SUV MRC settings like I have in the SS??

1 hour ago, IXFE said:

Yeah, the factory 22's.

FWIW my prior gen Yukon Denali XL was on factory 22's also. So was my '13 F150 Eco (before I lifted it and went to larger tires on 20's). Both those trucks had a more compliant ride than my '15 Yukon Denali which rides like a covered wagon

My '16 Chevy SS has MRC also and it rides on way less rubber than the Denali and has a better ride (especially in "touring" mode). You know that reminds me, why don't they give us some adjustability in the truck and SUV MRC settings like I have in the SS??

Thought the same thing about the MRC in the trucks.  Why no tow setting?  Why no comfort setting?

20 hours ago, UWSkier said:

I suppose.  For me, the ventilation is typically the biggest savior on those long rides.  One thing I've always liked about the GM seats is the independent control for back vs butt heat.  Has Ford added that?  If my vibration issue isn't fixed, I may be in a Platinum before long myself.

I was wrong, could not find climate control seat adjustments in the settings.

10 hours ago, ski40mph said:

I hope your ecoboost sounds better than my co-workers 2 year old ecoboost. Sounds like it's going to self destruct.

It should being the on the 15+ models they are pumping synthetic V8 sounds in the cab.

1 hour ago, DAI said:

I was wrong, could not find climate control seat adjustments in the settings.

It should being the on the 15+ models they are pumping synthetic V8 sounds in the cab.

Pretty sure they have been pumping a V8 exhaust note through the radio (on or off) since they came out with the EB.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, RyanB said:

Pretty sure they have been pumping a V8 exhaust note through the radio (on or off) since they came out with the EB.

Now, I didn't snopes this. Tell me they dont really do this.

Steve B.

10 minutes ago, Steve B. said:

Now, I didn't snopes this. Tell me they dont really do this.

Steve B.

I have a hard time believing this was happening on the early ones as I've driven several and they definitely didn't sound like a v8...

• Like 2
9 hours ago, RyanB said:

I've only seen the mods to remove on 15+, and all the news articles on them doing this came out with the new body style.  Pretty confident it is with 15+.

13 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

What happened to @Fman?  I want to know how the story ends!

We just went into contract on a new home, my life is going to be crazy over the next couple months, so I am going to hold off on purchase until next year.

• Like 4
11 hours ago, hethj7 said:

My twin turbo inline 6 BMW has it.  It adds a V8 exhaust "growl" when accelerating - then nothing or even sound cancelling when cruising.  The stereo amplifier is on full time even when the stereo is "off."  If you want to hear reality, find the fuse for the stereo and unplug it - although you'll probably loose all your settings and presets.

1 hour ago, Fman said:

We just went into contract on a new home, my life is going to be crazy over the next couple months, so I am going to hold off on purchase until next year.

Awesome!  I know you are a financial security guy so you know that a home is a way better "investment" than a rig.  But man vehicles can be fun!

(bought new house last year, still driving 16 year old truck...)

Edited by shawndoggy
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Fman said:

9 pages later and this slams into a brick wall.  You just ruined this for the rest of us who was living the excitment of this purchase through you . . . ;)

Edited by DAI
Typo
  • Like 2
11 minutes ago, Fman said:

Lol, sorry for the buzz kill ending! we have been searching for property for last 6 months and finally came across something special.  Let's just say I won't have to put my tower down pulling the boat into garage :thumbup: Infact my wife may never see me again!

Nice! Lake House? Pics!!!

ahopkins22LSV
26 minutes ago, Fman said:

Lol, sorry for the buzz kill ending! we have been searching for property for last 6 months and finally came across something special.  Let's just say I won't have to put my tower down pulling the boat into garage :thumbup: Infact my wife may never see me again!

Sounds amazing!!!

47 minutes ago, Fman said:

Still going G4? :)

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 11:56 AM, UWSkier said:

Yeah, wasn't implying you were.  :cheers:  6.2L is couple grand more after discounts and such, but what kept me away was the premium requirement to get its full potential.  If you get your fuel at Costco it's not so bad, but typically 93 octane around here is an $0.80/gal upcharge.  Robbery.

I have never used anything but 87 or 89 in my 6.2  - that is what the owners manual recommends.

6.2 availability was limited for awhile because of Camaro demand.