Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 23 LSV Purchase

0923LSV

On 10/10/2016 at 0:29 PM, Stevo said:

He is digging on me because i got shot down on a boat upgrade this year. (had to buy an actual asset instead)

I am in similar situation, wife hasn't absolutely refused boat upgrade, but other "required" purchases may make boat upgrade difficult.

@0923LSV pics of new ride?

12 hours ago, hethj7 said:

Very cool.  And you even have the AO already loaded and ready to go!

Heck yeah.  Great cooler for the money and holds a ton!

Quick question, the material used for the seats are different than on my 09 model and looks like it can stain and get dirty pretty easily, maybe I'm wrong though.  What upholstery cleaner are you guys using?

Edited by 0923LSV
  • Like 2
54 minutes ago, pawhitejr said:

One last thing for you to considered with your boat purchase - seems like you need a new user name. :)

That's a very valid point. :beer:

• Like 2

Pet peeve of mine is people driving down the road with boards in the racks.  Hopefully you live right on the lake.  

I see people going 65 MPH with boards in the racks all the time.  Usually Mastercraft owners, but I think it is a disaster waiting to happen.  A board in the hand is worth two in the bush.  

That boat looks awesome.  I love boats with lots of white.  Good times are in store!  

Edited by TallRedRider
  • Like 2
40 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Boat looks great!

F-150 looks BANANAS!!

Thanks a lot!

28 minutes ago, TallRedRider said:

Pet peeve of mine is people driving down the road with boards in the racks.  Hopefully you live right on the lake.  

I see people going 65 MPH with boards in the racks all the time.  Usually Mastercraft owners, but I think it is a disaster waiting to happen.  A board in the hand is worth two in the bush.  

That boat looks awesome.  I love boats with lots of white.  Good times are in store!  

Yes, I'm with you on that.  I'm 2 miles from the lake and the first mile is all residential, the 2nd mile is 30 mph.  I don't normally do that but I had them up and out of the way while I switched all our stuff over to the new boat.  It's amazing how much you accumulate.

On 10/10/2016 at 1:47 PM, 0923LSV said:

Lmao.  Obviously I'm not a check writer when it comes to buying boats.  I have a deposit on it and can go ahead and do it now but I need to do a little refi to get a large loan out of my wife's name and into my name only first.  Also, she's giving me hell about this one.  

Congrats, beautiful boat.

On 10/23/2016 at 7:26 AM, DatTexasBoy said:

Why don't more Malibu dealers order the clamping board racks? This is one feature I have grown to love and would not do without.

To keep price down, its the sticker shock.  4 racks, 4 rev 8, and a G4.... you just spent $16,000 on options that most dont offer.  So when Joe boat shopper comes in comparing boats...the $16,000 is a tough sell.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
On 10/24/2016 at 11:52 AM, IXFE said:

My dealer orders ALL 23' and above boats with G4's now. :yahoo:

Individual markets dictate how dealers spec their stock boats....competition, economics, models that sell well in a given geography and consumer preference all go into the strategy of building stock.

What works in one market, doesn't always work in another.

It's not an easy job.

The scorecard is your market share reports and the amount of carry over inventory you have.

On 10/18/2016 at 7:24 AM, 0923LSV said:

Heck yeah.  Great cooler for the money and holds a ton!

Quick question, the material used for the seats are different than on my 09 model and looks like it can stain and get dirty pretty easily, maybe I'm wrong though.  What upholstery cleaner are you guys using?

Use Fantastik for interiors of 2016+ Malibus.

1 hour ago, NAW said:

Individual markets dictate how dealers spec their stock boats....competition, economics, models that sell well in a given geography and consumer preference all go into the strategy of building stock.

What works in one market, doesn't always work in another.

It's not an easy job.

The scorecard is your market share reports and the amount of carry over inventory you have.

1B227476-B5A5-4698-A32E-8D7A923D5001_zps

• Like 1