Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 23 LSV Purchase

0923LSV

53 minutes ago, 0923LSV said:

Here's the link to the 17 model

http://www.texasmalibu.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?veh=541148&pov=4776681

heres the 09 model

http://0F6AD71B-8C69-4A32-85A5-C74DCF6A6353_zps

B5F2AF61-48B3-427B-A9FC-4F72FB980FE0_zps

1907D398-CBD9-4EB6-A047-927F37C87BB6_zps

If I were in the market for best boat for 45-50K, I would be seriously looking at this.  Even with my humble opinion that they are undervaluing your trade some, the amount they are reducing the purchase price of the new boat is still great.  

Why haven't you already made this purchase?  

boat meme2.jpg

Edited by TallRedRider
30 minutes ago, TallRedRider said:

If I were in the market for best boat for 45-50K, I would be seriously looking at this.  Even with my humble opinion that they are undervaluing your trade some, the amount they are reducing the purchase price of the new boat is still great.  

Why haven't you already made this purchase?  

boat meme2.jpg

Lmao.  Obviously I'm not a check writer when it comes to buying boats.  I have a deposit on it and can go ahead and do it now but I need to do a little refi to get a large loan out of my wife's name and into my name only first.  Also, she's giving me hell about this one.  

• Like 1
Just now, Stevo said:

I'm batting .500 lifetime ( that will get you in the hall of fame)

But since you are a numbers guy and into pouring salt on wounds i am 0 for 1 this year. (2014 was my year)

@IXFE is your middle name Richard?

Is that First Wife or Second+ Wife??  I've found the batting average is better the second time around.

• Like 3
Just now, minnmarker said:

Is that First Wife or Second+ Wife??  I've found the batting average is better the second time around.

first and only wife.

He is digging on me because i got shot down on a boat upgrade this year. (had to buy an actual asset instead)

i guess i should have prefaced my original statement that is was a single use statement.

Edited by Stevo
  • Like 4
10 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

Please find us a single 09 in great shape with 215 hours that's worth only 40 or even 48!  I've got a buddy who is shopping for boats and those boats are going for 55 with twice as many hours.  The dealer may be giving you a fair trade in price (i.e. leaving some profit in the deal for them, especially considering the time of year) but they certainly aren't overpaying.

Agreed, but when you trade in you also don't pay taxes on that 48k when put towards the new boat, which in Texas is 6.25%...........so you can add another 3 grand onto that 48k.  Plus he doesn't have to sell it himself which is worth something in my opinion.  And they gave him another 2k off on top?  Seems reasonable for getting into a 2017 boat in October of '16.

Edited by Sixer
Edit: Oops, I didn't read the entire thread before posting........I see it's already been stated about the 6.25% and 3k savings on the trade. My bad SD.
  • Like 1
22 hours ago, 0923LSV said:

Believe me, I catch your drift.  MSRP is 132k.  It's unreal the spread they have in these boats.  It wasn't a special order.  The boat is in stock.

I think you killed it and they move a lot  of units, now if I buy another I'll go to Texas Malibu.  Got some great spare tower racks,4, and tower mount mirror package from somebody's upgrade from there really nice parts folks

11 hours ago, TallRedRider said:

I thought it would be a nice surprise to not tell my wife I was bringing a new expensive boat home for Christmas.  It was our first boat in 2001.  It was hell.  I gave her the line about memories and such, and had to eat crow for 6 months until it became a reality.  It still comes up occasionally if she is feeling under-appreciated, and that was 15 years ago.  To this day, I don't understand how she didn't know this was happening, I only talked about a boat non-stop for 2 months.  

It did make subsequent boat purchases a lot easier, since nothing else I could do (boat-wise) would make her feel that betrayed.  I was able to just say, 'I'm selling the boat and getting another', and she sort of felt included.  

If I had to do it all over again, I would tell her for sure.  

My wife had the entire approval process in her hands in 2013 for our ordered boat me constantly selling the surfing and my super cheap negotiated axis price.  she is my action partner I keep her informed except for details she doesn't want and I get to go do all of this a lot.  At first it was "my thing " as she drove her 1st inboard(she is 1st on title) and it wasn't warm yet for her in 2014.  Then came that 1st successfull surf with the shorty wetsuit on.  Bam!!! Sold! I love buying her gear or boards or new snow ski boots, helmets, multiple/many matching goggles and multiple lens options, chips stereo ear speakers with large push button phone control on your speaker!  Matching jacket and wakeboard setup.  I tell guys all the time, buy her gear and such, your in!!!  

she had a wakeboard accident 6years ago, threatened to let other girls ride her setup this year as she only skated since,  now she's each week  doing ever bigger and bigger one wake airs both ways.  I try to make it about her runs and her sets and now she rides and surfs and skates and slalom (didn't like her barefoot boom experience)  Can't wait to use our epic passes at breck this January.  

This SPRING YEAR I sent her to steamboat alone with a ton of new stuff when I was recovering from my femur accident, she loved it, for a decade now the woman could literally have a different ski outfit on fir 12 days in a row as I spent many many B.O.A.T.'s over the years on new and more new complete multi piece ski sets so she could look and then hopefully feel great while she learned and mastered snow skiing, bought her not less than 50 lessons, many as 5 and 6 days in a row for her comfort and enjoyment. She is practical to, 1st ski boots were a local fit and she used them 15 years cause she knows how much a trip for two for 7-12 days can cost.  

SPOIL EM w gear ,  and you can write your own ticket 

Edited by granddaddy55
11 hours ago, TallRedRider said:

I thought it would be a nice surprise to not tell my wife I was bringing a new expensive boat home for Christmas.  It was our first boat in 2001.  It was hell.  I gave her the line about memories and such, and had to eat crow for 6 months until it became a reality.  It still comes up occasionally if she is feeling under-appreciated, and that was 15 years ago.  To this day, I don't understand how she didn't know this was happening, I only talked about a boat non-stop for 2 months.  

It did make subsequent boat purchases a lot easier, since nothing else I could do (boat-wise) would make her feel that betrayed.  I was able to just say, 'I'm selling the boat and getting another', and she sort of felt included.  

If I had to do it all over again, I would tell her for sure.  

I've been slowly trying to ease her into it for several weeks now.  

6 minutes ago, 0923LSV said:

I've been slowly trying to ease her into it for several weeks now.  

You let them have the final decision for real and she may surprise you!!  Include in it the rationalization that I could go or stay with a suck  gate and maybe some more positioned small bags on the old boat, put her in the new one and again let her have the final say

Edited by granddaddy55
22 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

Please find us a single 09 in great shape with 215 hours that's worth only 40 or even 48!  I've got a buddy who is shopping for boats and those boats are going for 55 with twice as many hours.  The dealer may be giving you a fair trade in price (i.e. leaving some profit in the deal for them, especially considering the time of year) but they certainly aren't overpaying.

You only get what something is worth when your willing to walk from the negotiating table which is what he must have done to get an extra 2.  I would love to know the dealer who would pay anyone retail as they only buy at wholesale or less so they can have a margin up to retail that they will not get in resale, ex.  Your house is only cash worth is what you could self sell it for for cash in 48 hours, that's different than what size loan it will support as LTV