Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 Malibu PnP?

Fman

2 minutes ago, Fman said:

If I am not mistaken the hard tanks in the new MXZ actually go up the side of the ski locker which in turn gives you a reading on the bag?  Good point on what happens if you only want the hard tank full?

Correct. This is what I was trying to describe. 

This is only true on the MXZ

8 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

well for $250 you could definitely do it yourself and leave $175 in your pocket.

When Mason described it to me, he said the vent line actively "sucks" the air out of the bag. I believe there's a small pump on that vent line. I saw it briefly but didn't think to take a pic. I wasn't really on my game yesterday :blush:

41 minutes ago, IXFE said:

When Mason described it to me, he said the vent line actively "sucks" the air out of the bag. I believe there's a small pump on that vent line. I saw it briefly but didn't think to take a pic. I wasn't really on my game yesterday :blush:

Where is this "pump" located?

Just now, IXFE said:

I thought I saw a small device integrated into the vent hose itself. I'll try to get a pic in the next couple of days

I'm going to swing by my dealer at lunch. I'll try and get some info/pictures.

I also want to see if the rumors about being able to plug in an iPhone for music works.

4 hours ago, IXFE said:

I thought I saw a small device integrated into the vent hose itself. I'll try to get a pic in the next couple of days

I think it's a check valve?

7B7FB36B-584D-4483-81E4-E299C500567E_zps

Did the the picture show up? I had to use the direct link not the img?

Edited by teamerickson

I just checked mine on my 2016. Seems the vent line goes up in the gunnel as high as possible and I dont have any passive drain issues as it's higher than the bags. It seems I could y into that vent line to too if my soft bags easy. Not sure why the check valve would be needed at all in my setup..