Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone else winding down?

Levi900RR

Skied yesterday and surfed Saturday. Other then the wind yesterday it was beautiful. Luckily there is little to no boat traffic so we could ski whatever line we wanted to stay in pretty calm water. Felt awesome to get back on my ski after 20 days off. 

• Like 3

Pulled 23 docks and 22 lifts out with the ski team on Saturday.  What a beautiful day, 20% of the lake still had their stuff in the water.  Couple of tubers, surfers, and 1 dude came by barefooting making it look really easy.  Nice day to help people wrap up their season.

Winterized the boat Saturday.  We had a terrible year.  Even toyed with selling the boat and wait to see what happens.  We never got in the water after July.  And most of July was downright miserable around here.

I hate this time of year!

Went out on Monday. Gonna try to get out tomorrow afternoon too. Water is cooling off in the Columbia but the boat said it was still 69 on Monday. Got at least 5 more degrees before the wetsuit comes out. The rain however is a bigger problem. Saturday and Sunday rain. We're back to that time in the NW where the only nice days are work days.

5 hours ago, Sixball said:

Very ugly week this week, cold windy and on and off rain!  the week end looks bad also

It hasn't stopped raining here for four days! It's just circling over us. We hope to get our Sunday. 

3 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

It hasn't stopped raining here for four days! It's just circling over us. We hope to get our Sunday. 

Ya, this is ridiculous!! I am going to try to eek out a couple pulls between the rain storms tomorrow before pulling the boat. I don't want it to end, but we have weekend commitments the next couple weeks so I have conceded that it's time. :( Sunday looks a little better, but I'm surprising my little man with a trip to a waterpark for his birthday.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Raimie said:

Ya, this is ridiculous!! I am going to try to eek out a couple pulls between the rain storms tomorrow before pulling the boat. I don't want it to end, but we have weekend commitments the next couple weeks so I have conceded that it's time. :( Sunday looks a little better, but I'm surprising my little man with a trip to a waterpark for his birthday.

I heard on the news this morning that we got 2-4" of rain yesterday with up to 3 more inches coming today. I don't think we are going to have any low water issues in our lake this fall at least. Almost didn't get my friends boat off the hoist last year.

Taking my wife out on the lake and to one of the restaurants for her birthday later this afternoon, that'll just be a cruising/fall colors type trip out.  Hoping to get in one more ski day next week and then might be done depending on how the weather goes in mid October. 

4 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

it looks like a massive hurricane over us circling around the past several days, i had to do a double take on the radar like ummm hurricanes are not suppose to be over the midwest... 

• Like 3

With sadness i to had to winterize the boat Friday.  Low water and the kids getting busy with fall sports makes it tough to get out this time of year. Looks like a long winter of just reading The Malibu Crew and hoping for lots of snow to fill the reservoirs for an early spring ride. Hate this time of year! The wife asked why I was grouchy and I had to explain to her that life with out surfing for 6 months is going to be horrible. She said I might have a problem. After 25 years you would think she gets me, guess I was wrong.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Spent a beautiful 75 degree day yesterday pulling docks and winterizing my folks boats. Winterizing the inlaws Response tonight as both sets of our parents prepare their escapes to Florida for the winter.

They don't take the boats?

1 hour ago, REW said:

They don't take the boats?

My folks have a 50HP pontoon and jet ski, don't live on water in Naples. Inlaws have a shared ski boat (nautique) that stays on the ski lake they live on in FL.

Edited by oldjeep

Well, I was trying to hold out for one more trip, but it truly is starting to go below freezing at night, after last night, so took it in today and had it winterized.  Got cold feet and just had it done.  Our local guy used the antifreeze procedure.  I may be able to sneak a run or two in at my friend's down at the ski lake, but my boat is put away for winter.  Excited for next season, and getting it going!

MalibuNation

Went swimming yesterday after a long day of working outside.  Love retirement.

We're planning on going late Sunday and it might be time to bust out the shortie.

2 hours ago, MalibuNation said:

Went swimming yesterday after a long day of working outside.  Love retirement.

We're planning on going late Sunday and it might be time to bust out the shortie.

Retirement ... Congrats!    I don't think I have seen a post about your retirement, but if I am up north I can miss a week of things on the site. So from my experience your next few years are going to be very full of things you have not had time to do well working. It will slow down if you let it down the road. Just don't become a couch potato! :biggrin:

• Like 1

First set this year was March 12th.  A new record.  Pre daylight savings.  Last set?  Got out on Monday.  I don't imagine that will be the last ride of the year though.

• Like 1
MalibuNation
31 minutes ago, Sixball said:

Retirement ... Congrats!    I don't think I have seen a post about your retirement, but if I am up north I can miss a week of things on the site. So from my experience your next few years are going to be very full of things you have not had time to do well working. It will slow down if you let it down the road. Just don't become a couch potato! :biggrin:

Retired June 3rd and was gungho (sp) on projects then as you are aware we had a brutal hot humid summer with little wind so I slowed down.

I'm just sitting down from washing the deck in the rain.

Back to the subject at hand I wish you didn't live on the othe side of the state otherwise we wouldn't be talking about winding down.  Luckily my 2 main crews are addicted like most of us and get out early and late in the season but darn they work :crazy: