Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone else winding down?

Levi900RR

On ‎2016‎-‎11‎-‎13 at 7:31 AM, granddaddy55 said:

Love the riding video, the south for sure and some wicked riding.  Looking like boulder boats but better southern butter

Looks like my swamp country, is this Houston water area, that's what Interstate 10?  Nice view on drone , get closer go pro and other are POV

some nice surfing but barely see it, if you were going for the view then this was spectacular, very too me competitive with the out west lake drone stuff.  Good job "representinnn". We just got the cool front I think you are talking about, wussy me put on a shorty with 79air and 76 water yesterday 

Looks like that is out towards Chimichurris restaurant? 

https://binged.it/2fT9Rp8

Edited by Malibuzer
16 minutes ago, Malibuzer said:

Looks like that is out towards Chimichurris restaurant? 

https://binged.it/2fT9Rp8

I remember you were coming to Texas some time in past @Malibuzer and I offered you a pull... Yes you are correct... Chimichurris is east on the other side of the bridge.. and this is where I would have taken you...

@granddaddy55... yep... swamp... Have not seen an alligator on the west fork of this river... but have seen them in the main lake.... Now on the Trinity river.. they are everywhere :(

Edited by kerpluxal
29 minutes ago, kerpluxal said:

I remember you were coming to Texas some time in past @Malibuzer and I offered you a pull... Yes you are correct... Chimichurris is east on the other side of the bridge.. and this is where I would have taken you...

@granddaddy55... yep... swamp... Have not seen an alligator on the west fork of this river... but have seen them in the main lake.... Now on the Trinity river.. they are everywhere :(

Next time!  I will be down again in a month or so.  Last time I didn't have enough time to get near the water.  Except the night we took an Uber to Sharkys for a late supper and several pints.  Only to find out that we couldn't get a cab or Uber back to the Holiday Inn at Atascocita.  That was a long dark walk back over that damn bridge!  Three of us in the pitch dark and one guy is terrified of snakes.  Several times I would rustle the leaves with a stick or touch the back of his neck with something!  I thought he was going to wet his pants!

30 minutes ago, Malibuzer said:

Next time!  I will be down again in a month or so.  Last time I didn't have enough time to get near the water.  Except the night we took an Uber to Sharkys for a late supper and several pints.  Only to find out that we couldn't get a cab or Uber back to the Holiday Inn at Atascocita.  That was a long dark walk back over that damn bridge!  Three of us in the pitch dark and one guy is terrified of snakes.  Several times I would rustle the leaves with a stick or touch the back of his neck with something!  I thought he was going to wet his pants!

Uber I can understand.. Taxi I can't... I can get a Taxi at anytime in the area... but same thing happened to me in Germany... Took the train into town.. Had drinks till who knows when.. went to take train back.. after waiting for an hour tried to get taxi... but none would take credit card and I spent all my cash at the club... so walked back.. effen cold too :(

IM me when you are back and I will send you my phone number... That is where I live and easy access to the river ;)

2 minutes ago, CharlieBeaU said:

At least the forecast is for lots of snow in the Cascades this winter, right?

1113161531a.jpg

How did you get that lovely boat in your garage.. mine won't even come close :( I am almost positive that mine won't even fit under the garage doors... n

Just now, kerpluxal said:

How did you get that lovely boat in your garage.. mine won't even come close :( I am almost positive that mine won't even fit under the garage doors... n

It's an 8' garage door so that helps a lot. I took off the sliding bimini and the board racks and put the steering wheel all the way down. This allowed the front bar on the tower to basically rest on the dash. I had about an 1" of clearance but it fit. I didn't have to air down the tires at all but with their thick sidewalls I'm sure I could have gotten a couple more inches lower if I need to.

23 hours ago, kerpluxal said:

North Houston off of 59.  The bridge you see is actually between 2 communities and not a major freeway. 

New rider on boat with drone, and it is new to him, so he is still learning... One of my riders wants to start making better quality videos with different shots from different devices, but he is offshore for a month...

No worries, had my suit on as well on Saturday, and did not ride on Sunday... stupid Houston crud has got me down.. almost over it...

Thanks for the input :cheers:

I'm ready to do some weekend hops, you guys oughta come party NO and do some riding and surfing

4 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Well we skied last Saturday and we were hoping to get out this weekend too. But they are calling for a wintery mix and wind gusts up to 40mph. Maybe we will kite board...

Started and bought used kite just didn't keep it up, I got very good at walk of shame kite walking back up wind on the beach though!!,  and learned how to set kite strings layout for hookup

Wife would only go once this chilly weekend, I missed filming two grinds in a row where she was totally backwards to the boat and on the foam ball,  my style, I was so stoked!

4 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Well we skied last Saturday and we were hoping to get out this weekend too. But they are calling for a wintery mix and wind gusts up to 40mph. Maybe we will kite board...

Where do you kite?

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV

I don't actually kite, it was a joke bi have done it once up north on Green Bay with a friend. 

As the forecast continues to look worse and worse for this weekend it looks like we might be done until polar bear on December 3rd. 

19 hours ago, kerpluxal said:

Gators in Louisiana and Texas are birders and fisherman don't give a crap about you other than to fear you and all the noise and commotion that comes with you. In Florida it's different with all those ponds and small lakes, anything at the edge is a bird or small animal for the taking, in the swsmp Wild no need to bother too much other food and they are very Leary animals 

Edited by granddaddy55
51 minutes ago, hunter77ah said:

Where do you kite?

Maybe the very best location on the Gulf of Mexico except down padre way.  Henderson Point in Waveland MS.  The gulf on the redneck riviera is very shallow far out and Henderson runs pretty much easy west  so any non onshore breeze is fair pickins.  Fairly long not overly used beach stretch with shallow water way out for recovering your kite from fails not near beach, walk of shame doesn't have to many people in the way and the local crew will

come running to your rescue if you need it including rescues far out so great place for beginners and the best, look

up Codi Holliman on Facebook, dude lives there on any wind and he teaches a lot of newbies there.  It's worth the drive during the windy fall winter

wow that first hard shallow water face plant on get up was a real shocker, folks who ride have no clue how hard kite boarding is and quite frankly how dangerous 

Edited by granddaddy55
1 hour ago, granddaddy55 said:

I'm ready to do some weekend hops, you guys oughta come party NO and do some riding and surfing

NO = New Orleans? I do some hops.. but I try to go to clear water on those hops :P ... But.. I could always do a hop and hop on a boat and not bring mine ;)... I have friend that is a great Chef up there and maybe do another fly in :whistle:

49 minutes ago, kerpluxal said:

NO = New Orleans? I do some hops.. but I try to go to clear water on those hops :P ... But.. I could always do a hop and hop on a boat and not bring mine ;)... I have friend that is a great Chef up there and maybe do another fly in :whistle:

Come this weekend and save money and drive and I got s place for you to stay. What other big city on gulf other than Houston is in swamp country, how do you think I deduced your location, it looks identical including the 50s60s era bridge construction identical to all our older over water in swamp bridges ,. Thus is short enough to drive it just cheap southwest .  A kanuck oil field centurion guy is coming this weekend for a charter, really want to host(not business) some forum folk to come enjoy our party spot and our ridiculous water. And the A20 has been more recently dialed the wave and it's looking pretty sick. Check the winding down forum for our wave this weekend, I was impressed but I'm easy, I own it.  We should get our 3/2's this week so I'm ready for winter. I have a large shorty you can borrow

Edited by granddaddy55
1 hour ago, granddaddy55 said:

Come this weekend and save money and drive and I got s place for you to stay. What other big city on gulf other than Houston is in swamp country, how do you think I deduced your location, it looks identical including the 50s60s era bridge construction identical to all our older over water in swamp bridges ,. Thus is short enough to drive it just cheap southwest .  A kanuck oil field centurion guy is coming this weekend for a charter, really want to host(not business) some forum folk to come enjoy our party spot and our ridiculous water. And the A20 has been more recently dialed the wave and it's looking pretty sick. Check the winding down forum for our wave this weekend, I was impressed but I'm easy, I own it.  We should get our 3/2's this week so I'm ready for winter. I have a large shorty you can borrow

"it looks identical including the 50s60s era bridge construction identical to all our older over water in swamp bridges ," that bridge was built in the 90's lol... 93 to be exact I think... I know in 94 the water was over that bridge.

I wish I could come up this weekend... but hell month at work right now.. can't even use vacation :(

"Thus is short enough to drive it just cheap southwest"... Taking the fun out of hopping in Piper and getting there ;)

We should get our 3/2's this week so I'm ready for winter. I have a large shorty you can borrow... I am cold water wimp .... LOL... I have a 5  and my fall/spring suit is a full 2....

I plan on Demoing a boat this weekend to create another wave monster... I will keep in touch and when I get a weekend to escape.. I will defiantly give you shout :)  

• Like 1

Season 1 might be in the books .. temperature outlook seems to be dropping quickly.  100 hours on the boat and I landed my first ever surface 360 yesterday (wakesufing).  Air 70, water 76.

• Like 1

Perfect end to the season.  Air was 58, water was 49.  Blue sky and glassy glass.  Cheap 3mm wetsuits have been working fine, but you definitely don't want to hang out in the water too long.  Highs for the next 10 days are in the 30's, so that's about it....

20161119_131538_1.jpg

Edited by powbmps
  • Like 2

Sunday this Canuck said this is our summer as he sipped suds on my platform in his shorts and jackets between sets, air 60-68, water 64-68, sunny, learned big guys need big guy boards, i really had to work hard and learn to dial wave by finally empty my huge mushroom front , to create a cup  fir him on not his size board with opposite side rear  deflated , I filled it all back up for me excrpt adding some opp rear , just fine for lesser me on same board

Edited by granddaddy55