Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone else winding down?

Levi900RR

21 hours ago, oldjeep said:

Every day I think of winterizing I see a forecast for another 65 degree weekend day coming up.

Or all week.

Really wishing the temps would drop. I want to be on the snow skis.

Edited by footndale
1 hour ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Got on the water at about 4:45 yesterday afternoon. There was actually ten or so boats taking a cruise. Was amazing out. They all went in around sunset so we figured we would ski. Absolutely unreal for November. Skiing this weekend and then we shall see what the forecast brings.

E4D5C2FF-9B0C-4D37-BED1-22F8D4948110.jpg

Thats an awesome picture!!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Got on the water at about 4:45 yesterday afternoon. There was actually ten or so boats taking a cruise. Was amazing out. They all went in around sunset so we figured we would ski. Absolutely unreal for November. Skiing this weekend and then we shall see what the forecast brings.

E8B6A9F3-A2AD-4591-AEDA-EF7DC25DDA6D.jpg

E4D5C2FF-9B0C-4D37-BED1-22F8D4948110.jpg

9DA5DEC3-93DC-415F-BF51-56F9F844716F.jpg

I did the same thing yesterday. I am only about 20 minutes from White Lake so it was the same weather situation. It was absolutely gorgeous!

4 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

My ski bud had business mtg midday yesterday so we did an early morning set instead. Amazing it was warm enough for that in Nov. 

Lucky you!!!!!!!!!  I was thinking the last few days how good it was.  Warm and glass :cry:   Just to much going now to even think about pulling the boat out.  Well not to busy to think but can't do it. Been working down at the lake so I get to look at it all day.  With so much glass I could see three small tiger muskies cursing the drop off.  

Starting using a rash shirt with life jacket and board shorts, only reason our water is below 80 is the Mississippi River water we use, lake still 80-84, air 85-88 or more, current temp 84 at 5pm central, we've been in jackets since 3/28/16 and jacket night surfing since 4/4, the only thing stopping us from night surfing in jackets now are the ridiculous swamp mosquitoes #endlesssummer

Edited by granddaddy55
  • Like 1

Doing my final put away work today. Docks and lifts are out I had them lifted from the water $60.00 each. Still to much lake front work going on to do it myself. This is so sad it is so nice today Glass and warm!  Still gives one a good feeling knowing the work is done.  How long before we can get the boats back onto the water. Starting the countdown!  Just moved my vest and short and dry suit to the winter hanging rod.

Edited by Sixball

I'm amazed that Radar handle is still holding together, I've broken 3.  

We made it out yesterday too...water 62 air 70....no wetsuit needed.  I'm thinking I'll be easily skiing till Thanksgiving.

2 minutes ago, Joeprunc said:

We made it out yesterday too...water 62 air 70....no wetsuit needed.  I'm thinking I'll be easily skiing till Thanksgiving.

best handle I've ever had. On the 2nd grip bar, but the rest is good.

ahopkins22LSV

This amazing fall continues. Zero wind until about 3 yesterday and full sunny skis air about 65. We went out at 9am because I had hoists and docks to pull mid morning. Broke the 100 degree rule at 9am but it warmed up fast. By 10 I was hot with my under armor on under my dry suit. Plus it was glassssssssss

929D5E21-2E11-472E-B385-9F2C2D7CD3CA.jpg

10BCCFFD-DFD9-4953-A370-1DA61C7CD343.jpg

• Like 4
On 11/6/2016 at 7:36 AM, oldjeep said:

best handle I've ever had. On the 2nd grip bar, but the rest is good.

Broke the yellow one, orange one, and black one.  I loved that handle too, but after the third broken one I switched to US Gear and will never ski with another handle.

On 11/6/2016 at 9:30 AM, Joeprunc said:

Water 62, no suit? Wow I thought about my shorty at 76 but didn't, at 62 I think I'd cry

Our local spot closes when the lake hits 400' elevation (466 is full pool).  It dropped to about 390' this year and just hit 400' yesterday and re opened today.  Guess that means our season just started.  This is good since we didn't even open until February or March in 2016.  Water is still in the low 60's and air temps this week in the low 70's.  Gotta love Nor Cal!!! 

• Like 1

We got out on Lake Mead yesterday and it was one of the nicest days all year. Las Vegas tied a record of 84, so the lake had to be a few degrees warmer. Not sure what the lake temp was, but the water was not cold at all. 

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV

@TallRedRider still one of the best looking G's out there!

I drained the engine and heater last night. Not done but we finally have a forecasted day below freezing Friday night. Planning on skiing Saturday, maybe Sunday and then seeing what next weekend brings. Forecast is still very mild for this time of year. 

• Like 4
On 11/10/2016 at 9:56 AM, kerpluxal said:

Last weekend was extremely nice.. however cold front finally hit 

Love the riding video, the south for sure and some wicked riding.  Looking like boulder boats but better southern butter

Looks like my swamp country, is this Houston water area, that's what Interstate 10?  Nice view on drone , get closer go pro and other are POV

some nice surfing but barely see it, if you were going for the view then this was spectacular, very too me competitive with the out west lake drone stuff.  Good job "representinnn". We just got the cool front I think you are talking about, wussy me put on a shorty with 79air and 76 water yesterday 

Edited by granddaddy55
On 11/13/2016 at 8:31 AM, granddaddy55 said:

Love the riding video, the south for sure and some wicked riding.  Looking like boulder boats but better southern butter

Looks like my swamp country, is this Houston water area, that's what Interstate 10?  Nice view on drone , get closer go pro and other are POV

some nice surfing but barely see it, if you were going for the view then this was spectacular, very too me competitive with the out west lake drone stuff.  Good job "representinnn". We just got the cool front I think you are talking about, wussy me put on a shorty with 79air and 76 water yesterday 

North Houston off of 59.  The bridge you see is actually between 2 communities and not a major freeway. 

New rider on boat with drone, and it is new to him, so he is still learning... One of my riders wants to start making better quality videos with different shots from different devices, but he is offshore for a month...

No worries, had my suit on as well on Saturday, and did not ride on Sunday... stupid Houston crud has got me down.. almost over it...

Thanks for the input :cheers: