Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone else winding down?

Levi900RR

5 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Those are July and August temps. You are winterizing why? :dontknow: 

I don't want to winterize yet, but since I will be in the woods hunting every weekend starting Oct. 29th, might as well get it knocked out so I don't forget about it and get caught with a freeze.

suppose to be in the 80's this week, unwinterizing the boat and taking the day off Wednesday!!

Edited by mountaineerhill
  • Like 3

:lol:  I am with ahopkinsTXi If i lived in an area with winter temps that were not freezing every day and you could not walk on the lake. I would not winterize other then a drain an be ready for days over 50. Hard core skiers are a sick bunch! :biggrin:

• Like 4
11 hours ago, Sixball said:

:lol:  I am with ahopkinsTXi If i lived in an area with winter temps that were not freezing every day and you could not walk on the lake. I would not winterize other then a drain an be ready for days over 50. Hard core skiers are a sick bunch! :biggrin:

The trade-off to this is that the reptiles stay out mostly all year round as well.  Also, the water is so brown that you can't even see your feet while out floating around. 

The pictures ya'll post up north and out west are amazing to see how clear/blue the water is in other places.

Guess it was time.  

ED947F7F-7985-47D6-B1E9-352DE4C7AA1B_zps

(yeh, yeh.  I will get the tarps picked up and the pallets broken down for fires.  get off me already. ;) )

4661EA37-029A-4EFE-9A62-D38E66ADC038_zps

AA49F447-2DB1-49A4-A6F3-9659E79D896C_zps

• Like 3

Woah!!!  That looks chilly!  Last night when I went to bed here in mid-Michigan it was 75 degrees.  All the windows open all night, still beautiful this morning.  Really windy too, south wind, like it could be August 5th right now.

3 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

^^ You break down pallets for fires?? Thought you were just supposed to tp them... :dontknow: 

Not normally.  But we have them, and we might as well burn them in our outdoor pit, and they need to be broken down for that.  

Ski 30 in the books! Thirty consecutive Wednesday nights in western WA is truly remarkable. We got rain tonight but not enough to keep us off the lake. As usual after ski dinner was a feast. Next Wed forecast partly sunny - ski u next Wed for Ski 31.

• Like 3

Red, that is impressive for where you live.  We try to get out every Tuesday.

Right now there is so many things going on, school, short days, sports, getting ready for winter ... it is harder and harder to find a crew.  This weekend looks cooler but sunny and we're going to try to go.

After 2 hours of yard work yesterday I dove in the lake.  I'm guessing the water was in the 50s.  Didn't stay in long but felt good.

Pulled the pontoon today and guess I will pull the ski boat this week.:( My ski bud need s to go out of town and my wife is travailing late this week and be at a quilting retreat after she gets home so its looking like the end Sunday or Monday,

Pulled and winterized the Malibu today. Last of the boats taken out. Busy next weekend and had to get the Bu off the lift for the guys that pull the lifts out. Rest of the weekend was raking leaves. Time to start some serious training for the ski race season. Thinking about mods for the Bu over the winter...

tmp_23435-1022161218~2481074626.jpg

Water like this on the way to the ramp didn't make it any easier!

Edited by minnmarker
addition

I am done.  Very nice day but running out of time. water was 57 air 62 it was so hard to call it but the next two weeks are going to be so busy. Also pulled two docks and lifts.  Still need to do my lifts and docks but no place to put them. Working on lake front yet.  So unless some unknown skier pulls up 2016 is a wrap.  Good year but way to much work this summer. Very happy with my skiing just never enough.

Just now, braindamage said:

Malibu out. Dock out. All put away....so sad?  The boat lift looks awfully lonely at sunset this evening.

798384CA-F0BE-497E-94BE-CF78345A0A01_zps

Will probably get out tomorrow afternoon on Silver Lake and that just might be it for us too.  Traveling back half of next week.  Been a good season!