Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Nit Picks & Wish Lists for $150k+ Boats

The Hulk

On September 28, 2016 at 7:29 PM, DarkSide said:

It's not going to be long before everything is $150, the higher end will be over $200k in a couple years.   I priced an RI yesterday $173k....ugh...

We are very close to that point....... I'm ashamed to say that my order for my 2017 G23 just crossed the 140k mark. It's fully loaded with a 550 and about 10k worth of gel and color placement options...... But still almost 7k more than my equally equipped 2016 was. 

Which means a 2018 probably will be 150k....

• Like 3
12 hours ago, TenTwentyOne said:

We are very close to that point....... I'm ashamed to say that my order for my 2017 G23 just crossed the 140k mark. It's fully loaded with a 550 and about 10k worth of gel and color placement options...... But still almost 7k more than my equally equipped 2016 was. 

Which means a 2018 probably will be 150k....

JL Studio Elite?

Which / how many tower speakers?

Design Package?

Lighting?

Trailer upgrades??

10 minutes ago, IXFE said:

JL Studio Elite?

Which / how many tower speakers?

Design Package?

Lighting?

Trailer upgrades??

Studio Elite, Studio Elite tower prep, 4 x 8.8 tower speakers, Design Pack, Led CH, Interior deck color (may get rid of this. didn't know it was over 3k MSRP until I got order confirmation), flake on both main sides, hull color, tower color, surf select, bimini with surf pockets, bow armrests, pocket door, auto FE, and heated seats, etc..

Its loaded except table, uw lights, and heater, which I install after the fact. (no table)

Base TA trailer. The boat only sees the trailer when I pick it up, and when I sell it.

edit-IIRC, the MSRP was 197k (including trailer and freight)

Edited by TenTwentyOne
3 minutes ago, TenTwentyOne said:

Studio Elite, Studio Elite tower prep, 4 x 8.8 tower speakers, Design Pack, Led CH, Interior deck color (may get rid of this. didn't know it was over 3k MSRP until I got order confirmation), flake on both main sides, hull color, tower color, surf select, bimini with surf pockets, bow armrests, pocket door, auto FE, and heated seats, etc..

Its loaded except table, uw lights, and heater, which I install after the fact. (no table)

Base TA trailer. The boat only sees the trailer when I pick it up, and when I sell it.

edit-IIRC, the MSRP was 197k (including trailer and freight)

Sounds like an amazing build!!  Can't wait to see pics...

10 minutes ago, TenTwentyOne said:

Outside will look just like this....... interior is different than this boat, but it is peanut butter..... haha. I must be crazy. However, I did show it to the guy who buys my one year old boats every year, and he will be happy to take it next year!

16-G23-Gunmetal-Dk-Blue-64556-2.jpg

That's a great looking boat - congrats!

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, TenTwentyOne said:

Outside will look just like this....... interior is different than this boat, but it is peanut butter..... haha. I must be crazy. However, I did show it to the guy who buys my one year old boats every year, and he will be happy to take it next year!

16-G23-Gunmetal-Dk-Blue-64556-2.jpg

I was looking at that picture thinking that you were travelling a LONG ways North to pick that beauty up!

• Like 1
Just now, teamerickson said:

Nope. That's the best place to put it. Out of the way. 

Yeah, where it picks up weeds at the launch, collects dirt on the road and you have to scratch the pretty paint on it by dropping the carrier onto the road surface as you drag your spare out of the carrier.  No thanks, had a car trailer like that once.

Edited by oldjeep

I would rather have it out of the way so I'm not bumping into while wiping down, waxing, hugging, etc. I'll worry about the other stuff when I need to change it. Which is probably rare.

I hope I just didn't jinx myself! :)

Edited by teamerickson
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Yeah, where it picks up weeds at the launch, collects dirt on the road and you have to scratch the pretty paint on it by dropping the carrier onto the road surface as you drag your spare out of the carrier.  No thanks, had a car trailer like that once.

I have had tires mounted two different ways.  Vertical by the hitch, and the last two underneath like the Nautique.  Never really had issues with either location.  The one mounted vertical by the hitch was a pain when I installed a Trailer Tux to protect the hull.  And the one underneath did hold a bit of water in the rim and it was a pain to clean and make it look good!  As long as I have a spare I am happy!

The tire underneath wouldn't last a single boat launch for me, and I've seen one other boat have his ripped off while entering the launch area.  The only places I launch are very small... the most frequented launch has 4 car parking space on each side with ~ 60' between the water and the highway with a super steep ramp from the launch area to the highway.  It can bottom out the trailer as-is if I don't enter/exit the road at a weird angle, so there is no chance I could mount a tire underneath on mine. 

It seems like they could have mounted it farther forward and higher off the ground - but what do I know. 

Heated seats all around the boat with a maliview "heater" screen to tap each seat to turn on/off similar to light controls... and you could control heaters from there as well.. 

10 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

Heated seats all around the boat with a maliview "heater" screen to tap each seat to turn on/off similar to light controls... and you could control heaters from there as well.. 

Like this?

047D9C58-6F23-4E20-9D3F-7871143B0494_zps

umm yeaa like exactly like that but with red-lighted switch! haha. where did you get that? thats sweet..

oh but i think for $150k the back rest should have heater option as well. maybe get one of those new car style switches that offer bottom/back or both for heat...

well now that i'm at it for $150k perhaps there should be AC cooled seats as well like the newer cars!

Edited by The Hulk