Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

All new 2017 Response

scotchipman

3 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

IDK, haven't checked if I won the powerball last night or not! :crazy:

Well now you just get to play the "pay cash or finance" game.... right?  Lottery = cash , no lottery = finance ? :Tease3:

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV
Just now, Badger said:

@ahopkinsTXi you just can't stay away from that blue, can you?  I wonder how the new hull would fit on your matching trailer?

No I can't. I love vapor blue/black/silver flake/stratosphere flake combos. And I'd get a new matching trailer. :) The new TXi is wider with a redesigned wetter surface so I'm sure it needs a reconfigured trailer. Plus if I were to get stratosphere blue I'd need the trailer to have that flake too :biggrin: 

Let no one doubt what the heart and sole of all water sports is slalom, look at the size of this forum!!

shame so many in the boating world have never thrown s monster spray in an open water set or even attempted a course.  No doubt the course is the most humbling water sports experience.  The best I ever did was 15 off at 28 with an opening gait skip.  Only did it 1 sess 33 years ago, wish we had more course opportunities except that my second try in a course 10 yrs ago I was more than pitiful !!

for us non course skiers , the outboard in a bass style fish and ski rules if you can't afford or have one of these beauties and their wake.  You slice through and over that outboard wake and its easy compared to most direct or v drives.  My knees can't take what happens when I hit my very respectable empty boat A20 ski wake(wife more casual but still side to side rip loves it)  Combined with our very vintage jobe professional in a real cut.  I ripped my outboard and have pretty much retired the slalom because of the difference.  Miss my crappy old boat for this reason. 

Any word on pricing yet?  I heard it from a guy, who heard it from a guy, who upgrades his boat yearly, that it could be pushing $100k.  Either way, I'm not in the market, but I'm assuming that's not the case?  

19 minutes ago, powbmps said:

Any word on pricing yet?  I heard it from a guy, who heard it from a guy, who upgrades his boat yearly, that it could be pushing $100k.  Either way, I'm not in the market, but I'm assuming that's not the case?  

pfffffft!!!!  NO WAY it's that high.  In fact, I wouldn't be shocked if its in line with the current TXI.  there is a lot of savings especially in the "regular" edition.

To me it looks like Malibu ticked all the boxes that people wanted in a new design...except one. 

The rear storage locker is gone. 

I'm not an engineer or designer but could they not have made the rear section modular so that either version could be "bolted in". I think that would have pleased everyone. 

• Like 3

What was the purpose of the rear storage?  ski storage, right?  I mean there's better places for ropes and gloves elsewhere.  Given the new gunnel racking system four skis can be stored without intruding...seems a good compromise to me.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Dacon62 said:

To me it looks like Malibu ticked all the boxes that people wanted in a new design...except one. 

The rear storage locker is gone. 

I'm not an engineer or designer but could they not have made the rear section modular so that either version could be "bolted in". I think that would have pleased everyone. 

There still appear to be 2 small storage boxes back there, either side of the step in.  While you can't store skis, the new ski racks take care of that.  Be nice to see a picture with those compartments open.  Although the loss of the sun pad is a bigger deal to people who use it as a multi purpose boat.

Edited by oldjeep

There certainly appears to be a clear interest in both an easy step over style (myself in that group) and a trunk (@ahopkinstxi) version so @Dacon62 hits it with a modular option, actually not much different from offering OB & CB versions.  So, perhaps said first here, that may just be the next 'innovation' and who will drop it on the market first?

Edited by Woodski
ahopkins22LSV
10 minutes ago, Woodski said:

There certainly appears to be a clear interest in both an easy step over style (myself in that group) and a trunk (@ahopkinstxi) version so @Dacon62 hits it with a modular option, actually not much different from offering OB & CB versions.  So, perhaps said first here, that may just be the next 'innovation' and who will drop it on the market first?

Actually, I would love both!

But, I know that the majority of people buying this boat don't use their response as I do. So I understand the design change. Might be difficult to make a module system look plush and sleek too.

Edited by ahopkinsTXi

Saw this today and now I know what you guys are so excited about phenomenal boat!

never saw a 0 wake for slalom before almost no air under their skis when "landing" , freaky and it would get me much more high on my slalom than my hard on knees a20 slalom , hit that on a real cut and you fly and land very quivk but you feel the landing impact even when you stay on edge cause speed stays high and force greater to land 

these guys were crossing butter and jam 

http://www.waterskimag.com/all-new-2017-malibu-txi

but I guess you guys have probably scoped all of this along time ago

Now I get why this forum and length other than slalom being the grandfather of all Watersports with a still massive I now get it , following!

Edited by granddaddy55
10 minutes ago, John I. said:

Why is there still carpeting in the storage areas?

I would assume so that they don't have to finish the areas in gel coat. Just keep it fiberglass.  Less labor.

When I first saw this I was a bit confused.  The more I look the more I like.  The attitude of the boat in the water is killer, the wake looks sick, and I love the dash.  If I could get one, I would.  Like Hop however I'll now be using my boat as a do all type of boat so the lack of the sun pad and storage trunk is an issue, but one that I think is manageable.  Since I no longer live on the water due to divorce, I'm carrying much more crap than I ever have previously which we all know in a slalom tug is a bit of a PITA.

• Like 1