Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

All new 2017 Response

scotchipman

6 hours ago, Dinsdale said:

Crusader are a division of PCM not Marine Power. PCM is owned by Nautique. 

Actually, Correct Craft owns PCM, Nautique, Centurion, and several other brands.

Wow,  a lot of side spray,  guessing that how there displacing all the water for that ever flatter wake.

Wounder how that will effect footing off a boom or even Shortline? :dontknow:

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, Dare2goBare said:

Wow,  a lot of side spray,  guessing that how there displacing all the water for that ever flatter wake.

Depends. That spray might be dissipating within feet of the hull. 

1 hour ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Depends. That spray might be dissipating within feet of the hull. 

From the looks in this picture its almost twice the width of the BU on ether side.

13 hours ago, Dare2goBare said:

Time to by a Sanger. :)

That spray looks killer for a footer on boom.  

2 minutes ago, 23LSVOwner said:

My source said it is the 6.0.

6.0 GDI ?  Or did they actually just redesign an entire boat and use an old school MPI engine in it?  I just figured that since many view the Nautique as the gold standard and Malibu is basically buying engines from nautique (sister division) that they would be using the same motors as Nautique and leaving the old fashioned stuff to Centurion.

Edited by oldjeep
1 hour ago, footndale said:

No plans to upgrade! I've got the perfect Tug, but that spray could also just be an illusion in the pic and

may just be fine for a boom. TBD once we see one on the water. 

15 hours ago, footndale said:

Owned a few. Good barefooting wakes but not the best slalom wakes. Very firm. 

On 2016-10-26 at 2:01 PM, asp13 said:

Just saw this on the Bu insta

Lots of comments about spray...all concerned about possible issues.  I would think that it will likely be a non issue...my thoughts are why would a manufacturer release a shot of their product that does not represent it in the absolute best light!?  The spray pattern is not even in this pic, nor does it look like it is "minimal". Going back to some wake pics of slalom boats in Waterski Mag many, many years back pics were taken of unbalanced/uneven wakes, etc that were likely not representative of reality. Don't understand why any manufacturer would allow this!?

I'm sure as more is revealed all scepticism will be squelched... but really, this is the best there is to show!

PS I own and love Malibu's. 

Edited by Dacon62
ahopkins22LSV
2 hours ago, Dacon62 said:

Lots of comments about spray...all concerned about possible issues.  I would think that it will likely be a non issue...my thoughts are why would a manufacturer release a shot of their product that does not represent it in the absolute best light!?  The spray pattern is not even in this pic, nor does it look like it is "minimal". Going back to some wake pics of slalom boats in Waterski Mag many, many years back pics were taken of unbalanced/uneven wakes, etc that were likely not representative of reality. Don't understand why any manufacturer would allow this!?

I'm sure as more is revealed all scepticism will be squelched... but really, this is the best there is to show!

PS I own and love Malibu's. 

I honestly don't know but the spray may be uneven in that pic and most pictures of a slalom boat due to the pull/load of the skier. Reports on ball of spray say the spray is less then the current TXi.