Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bye Yuppies

NCVride

Just now, 95echelon said:

Living in michigan i don't miss the mosquitos from MN. Our lake is definitely winding down.

The mosquitos have been the worst I've seen in many years.  That's what you get when it rains every other day for a month.

6 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

The mosquitos have been the worst I've seen in many years.  That's what you get when it rains every other day for a month.

Try living in the south...they will carry you away down here. A species I think we could eradicate and no one would care.

• Like 1
On September 13, 2016 at 11:18 PM, -BS- said:

Yeah, problem for us is that after all the Wally's go home.........salmon season opens.  We basically trade in our inexperienced drunk knuckleheads in runabouts.......for inexperienced drunk guys in camo trying to launch anything they think will float.  Thank goodness about 25% of the fisherman are really experienced dudes that don't screw around.  The rest of them are the guys that launch their "watercrafts" exactly twice a year for the salmon runs.  It doesn't really chill out up here (depending on the salmon numbers) for another week or so.....

I actually had to re-read this twice.  I thought you were complaining that slalom season started since the water is now flat and I couldn't figure out where the drunk guys in camo fit into the equation. :)

We don't have salmon here but we do have duck hunting.  A few years ago some buddies and I were barefooting on a local lake at 7:00 in the morning the first weekend of November.  The shore buoys had already been pulled for the year and we were running a little tighter in a marshy area than we normally would.  After our second pass a hunter emerges from the reeds holding a shotgun in one hand and pumping it over his head yelling at us (he did not point it at us, just made his presence very well known).  Apparently the "ducks" we were buzzing in front of the marsh were actually his decoy blinds.  A part of me actually felt bad for the guy - Its a calm and somewhat chilly morning in Wisconsin and out of no where comes these damn skiers to mess things up :) 

• Like 3
On September 13, 2016 at 5:58 PM, DarkSide said:

It does hurt, it just doesn't hurt the one you wish it would...lol

I have to say.  I love football season!  I don't really watch much, but most people do!

Best sleep tonic

On September 14, 2016 at 0:12 PM, oldjeep said:

I don't think you've ever seen a MN mosquito - it is our state bird

Probably a swamp or mud mosquito vs the ones from standing water , Louisiana is the king of swamp mosquitos and our rain has not stopped this year 

We get to ride near year round, but my water is s poor mans waterway all year and my friends G is on an intercoastal work boat canal so they go slow don't make rollers and drive in a straight line, so wd have warm not  buzy water year round in our snd many rivers bayous in south Louisiana , the money rivers are insane here as well , we just have so many other alternatives within 40 miles snd 50 minutes tops

Just now, ibelonginprison said:

You've obviously never watched NASCAR.

Yea your right, those guys are athletes but the public thinks that pressing or turning accelerators is activity.  I'm sick of all the PED using pros, their all dirty, more fun to watch a kid surf than an entire game 

Ug, Fall is the worst here.   The freakin' "Vol Navy" sets out and for the latter half of the week, including the weekends, the lake is filled with gigantic yachts that absolutely destroy the water.  And as soon as the last home game is played, they drop the water level in the lake (and the water level at my dock is too shallow to launch).

3 hours ago, 67King said:

Ug, Fall is the worst here.   The freakin' "Vol Navy" sets out and for the latter half of the week, including the weekends, the lake is filled with gigantic yachts that absolutely destroy the water.  And as soon as the last home game is played, they drop the water level in the lake (and the water level at my dock is too shallow to launch).

Something that I want to be part of for at least one game....never been but I've heard it's fun.

On 9/14/2016 at 0:07 PM, Kmfish87 said:

Try living in the south...they will carry you away down here. A species I think we could eradicate and no one would care.

Saw one total a VW once.... 

22 minutes ago, NCVride said:

Something that I want to be part of for at least one game....never been but I've heard it's fun.

Me too. But on someone else's big ol' boat, damn sure not mine.

1 hour ago, NCVride said:

I'll probably eventually go.  ONe of my wife's partners has a lakehouse a few minutes down-river from us, and he goes to all of them.  The game experience is certainly quite good.  But I just have such a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to UT that I don't know that I could stomach it.  And I got my MBA here.  I just hope Tech kicks the ever living $#!+ out of them when we start next season against them.

Oddly, our lake seems to be getting busier.  Mostly fisherman who I don't mind at all, as they stay out of the way and are typically in the no-wake zones and most are proficient at the ramp (which is rarely crowded anyway).  I would be out right now if it wasn't for the damn rain. :(

• Like 1