Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Norris Lake TN guys

h2ojunkie

They've been working to ban floating houses on TVA lakes.  They just passed a law banning new ones.  Existing ones can stay a max of 30 more years before they have to be removed.  I wouldn't invest in one at least not on a TVA lake.  Go with a traditional houseboat if you go "floating".

I was just at norris mid-week a few weeks ago at my buddy's place.  East end of the lake out past Bubba Brews.  The water was high 80s and very calm.  As others have said, the levels are much lower than normal since they've had very little rain this summer.  Just stay far from shore, don't try any cut-thru shortcuts between islands, and don't cruise at 40 MPH in pitch dark when you don't know where the heck you're going...and you should be fine even with the lower water levels.  :-)

President Obama signed a bill reversing decision of the TVA to ban floating homes.  As of  Dec. 2016 our homes are good to stay and their values have been restored